Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Probably a coincidence but I wonder if Sheila is aware of Monsters (the song) and chose her words intentionally:

"Kennedy, who was a former Penthouse model, has not backed down from her claims and has continued to allege that the assault has left her traumatized. “I have a voice and I don’t want to be called a victim. I want other women to hear this about Axl Rose, he’s a monster and he needs to be held accountable,” she said on Thursday. “And I’m here today to make sure that happens.”

Kennedy noted that it was “difficult” to talk about the assault but she wanted to get her story out there. “I think it’s really important that we need to make this industry safe for women,” she explained. “There are so many victims that feel shame, that feel guilty. Feel like they when they go to sleep at night, they have nightmares and it needs to stop this monster needs to be stopped: Axl Rose.”"

Wasn't so difficult when she bragged with the story in her Kiss and Tell book. And she wasn't (allegedly) assaulted by Axl in the "industry" but in a private situation that she herself initiated. 

54 minutes ago, Avillart said:

Wasn't so difficult when she bragged with the story in her Kiss and Tell book. And she wasn't (allegedly) assaulted by Axl in the "industry" but in a private situation that she herself initiated. 

I think when she said that it's important to make the industry safe for women, she wasn't just talking about her own incident.

2 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

GNR had a good run while it lasted. 

While it lasted😄 that saying doesn't apply when the career is 35+ yrs long. If it was 3/4 really good years and then they ground to a halt then this would make sense.

Ultimately these filings are coming at famous people all the time and more often than not the famous person survives and continues in their career, I'm not saying that's good or bad. Unless there is some really damning evidence beyond "he abused his ex wife and girlfriend" then there really isn't anything tangible to charge him with. What they are probably hoping is that Axl doesn't want the publicity of a trial and will make settlements to make it go away. I personally think he's better off fighting these in court because it doesn't seem like there's any evidence beyond their word vs his. 

I guess my suspicion is that these lawsuits never surfaced when gnr weren't doing massive touring numbers. I believe in victims not being able to deal with things and may E not report an incident when it happened... But I also believe in the conniving side of people wishing to cash in when there's a big pile of money.

Tyler's young (semi kidnapped) girlfriend, Bowie's & Pages semi kidnapped girlfriend, Kiedis's sexual misdeeds all talked about and photographed in some way shape or form these can be followed up. A sexual encounter between two adults in a hotel room where both parties entered of their free will, and both consented to having kinky sex which then apparently turned too violent... I mean this is really difficult stuff to get a conviction on. End of the day, if he's guilty of this then they'll have evidence or convincing testimony to back it up, and if he's guilty then he deserves what he gets... Whether he's a changed man now or not.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I think when she said that it's important to make the industry safe for women, she wasn't just talking about her own incident.

That may very well be but this won't wash in court. She can't use Axl and the situation to speak about the industry. This was an isolated event in a private circumstance. Lawyers only focus on what happened in the given situation. 

And again, if they read her book she has no point - especially not when it comes to the "unsafe" industry. Her entire book tells her story of wanting money and fame from sex and using rich and influential men for this. What she's trying now is a case of "shit where you eat". She profited and worked her entire life around being advanced by the men she now wants to hold responsible and paint as "monsters". 

As to the "Monsters" question, I also do not believe she was referring to the song. She's not that thorough. Pretty early on in this thread I wrote that I wonder if she knows about Axl's childhood and what happened to him. I personally don't believe she did bother to look into this before she went with him and before she made her accusations. If she was really interested to fight sexual abuse then she should be interested in what happened to him too. But no, she just saw "the fucker" that she wanted. There's so many things that would break her neck in court. 

To clarify though, my previous post was no objection to you at all. On the contrary, I liked your post cause the quote was news to me. It was a criticism of Sheila Kennedy. 

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

While it lasted😄 that saying doesn't apply when the career is 35+ yrs long. If it was 3/4 really good years and then they ground to a halt then this would make sense.

Ultimately these filings are coming at famous people all the time and more often than not the famous person survives and continues in their career, I'm not saying that's good or bad. Unless there is some really damning evidence beyond "he abused his ex wife and girlfriend" then there really isn't anything tangible to charge him with. What they are probably hoping is that Axl doesn't want the publicity of a trial and will make settlements to make it go away. I personally think he's better off fighting these in court because it doesn't seem like there's any evidence beyond their word vs his. 

I guess my suspicion is that these lawsuits never surfaced when gnr weren't doing massive touring numbers. I believe in victims not being able to deal with things and may E not report an incident when it happened... But I also believe in the conniving side of people wishing to cash in when there's a big pile of money.

Tyler's young (semi kidnapped) girlfriend, Bowie's & Pages semi kidnapped girlfriend, Kiedis's sexual misdeeds all talked about and photographed in some way shape or form these can be followed up. A sexual encounter between two adults in a hotel room where both parties entered of their free will, and both consented to having kinky sex which then apparently turned too violent... I mean this is really difficult stuff to get a conviction on. End of the day, if he's guilty of this then they'll have evidence or convincing testimony to back it up, and if he's guilty then he deserves what he gets... Whether he's a changed man now or not.

THIS.

4 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

GNR had a good run while it lasted. 

It's going to be interesting to see whether the band will be able to continue as if nothing happened after everything is said and done. I could see it go either way. This lawsuit has definitely been reported very widely. A lot of people who didn't know about the allegations before are now aware. It could translate into at least some lost opportunities for the band.

36 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It's going to be interesting to see whether the band will be able to continue as if nothing happened after everything is said and done. I could see it go either way. This lawsuit has definitely been reported very widely. A lot of people who didn't know about the allegations before are now aware. It could translate into at least some lost opportunities for the band.

I'm curious to see how it's going to go as well, I honestly don't think she has much of a case based off everything that has been discussed. For the lost opportunities for the band, if there were/are any, that could potentially set up a countersuit if I'm not mistaken about income that could have been lost due to defamation if the case does not go into her favor, if Axl was interested in opening up that can of worms which I doubt he would be if it goes in his favor 

6 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Feel like they when they go to sleep at night, they have nightmares and it needs to stop this monster needs to be stopped: Axl Rose.”"

This is so disingenuous. Saying he needs "to be stopped" as if whatever (alleged) experience she had with Axl didn't happen nearly 40 years ago. It's also been at least 3 decades since any other "prior history" she accused him of having has been relevant. What exactly is she stopping him from? Who is she helping?

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Aerosmith was doing an arena tour after Steven was sued for statutory rape. Backstreet Boys have been unscathed by the accusations against Nick Carter which have been out for years. But Manson is probably never going to be able to tour again. It's kinda random how these things work out.

Anyway I expect Axl to settle. The discovery process could bring out a lot of other bad stories.

1 hour ago, prez said:

Aerosmith was doing an arena tour after Steven was sued for statutory rape. Backstreet Boys have been unscathed by the accusations against Nick Carter which have been out for years. But Manson is probably never going to be able to tour again. It's kinda random how these things work out.

Anyway I expect Axl to settle. The discovery process could bring out a lot of other bad stories.

Mansons actually touring with Rob Zombie this year isnt he.

Axl will be touring again once the hiatus is over. This wont detail the money train.

Edited by vloors

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

The best thing they could do would be to quietly semi retire. Never make any large public appearance again. Quietly release music. If they go public again, she will go public 10x as hard and anyone Axl has pissed off in the last 30 years will also go public 10x as hard. This would destroy the reps of Slash, Duff etc by proxy.

This lawsuit isn’t about money, given her statements, it is about ending Axl as a public person. This isn’t a battle Axl can win in the court of public opinion. In the court of law, perhaps. But a lot of people still hate Axl and will readily believe the worst because of the bad reputation he cultivated in the early 1990s. 

• Haha 1

If anyone outside of the forum would be asked about this today, barely anyone would remember or even know what this is about. Especially considering her statements have differed over time. 
Guns can go on, without doubt. 

• Like 4

It's a very questionable story. If this ruins GNR, then we might as well call it quits on most (if not all) bands. They all have similar (or worse) stories.

I think most people who were around back in the day would be surprised there aren't more/worse stories coming to light. This sort of behaviour was expected with those rock stars. Living on the edge, bad boys. It doesn't really scream respectful behaviour, does it?

• Like 3

Axl is the most hated person in music business, so it wont do him any harm.

People do not know shit about him already hates him, but he also has the most loyal base too. GNR is the most successful touring band for the last few years with nearly no pr and marketing and no management.

9 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Axl is the most hated person in music business, so it wont do him any harm.

People do not know shit about him already hates him, but he also has the most loyal base too. GNR is the most successful touring band for the last few years with nearly no pr and marketing and no management.

I think he's dropped down the list of most hated since 2016, but he's probably top 10 on worst vocalists lists though.

I think in general people like him more, similar to how people like Lars more... But there's still a strong contingent that bear a grudge against both, but they largely have no clue what either have been doing the past 20yrs.

18 hours ago, Karice said:

I REALLY doubt that Axl is the most hated person in music business. Axl is still worldwide loved for the most part. The people who don't like Axl are thinking about how temperamental and moody Axl was  around 1991, 33 years ago. To those people, I ask, "Are you the same exact person you were 33 years ago, or did you mature abd change for the better?" 

Write Axl anywhere or read comments anywhere with Axl in that news.

People are stupid to hate him back then, more stupid to hate him now, thats not that case, it is what it is. :)

• Like 1

Axl is widely disliked for whatever reason but the commentary on this particular case has been massively on Axls side, even the haters. I don't think this will affect GN'R at all, the people who would want to "cancel" Axl after this are not people who went to the shows to begin with. Just your typical virtue signaling twats on Twitter and it'll die within a day, like it did when this first hit the news. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

Axl is widely disliked for whatever reason but the commentary on this particular case has been massively on Axls side, even the haters. I don't think this will affect GN'R at all, the people who would want to "cancel" Axl after this are not people who went to the shows to begin with. Just your typical virtue signaling twats on Twitter and it'll die within a day, like it did when this first hit the news. 

I don't think most people know about it really. I honestly don't think I'd know about it if it wasn't for coming on here.