Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

I remember this being talked about before, didn't she say something along the lines that she had made him late for a Howard Stern interview by being up all night tonight and he was bragging about it during the interview, but this interview has never actually happened? Of course I will hear what she has to say, but I am suspicious this is being filed right before the Survivor's Act is set to expire 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I remember this being talked about before, didn't she say something along the lines that she had made him late for a Howard Stern interview by being up all night tonight and he was bragging about it during the interview, but this interview has never actually happened? Of course I will hear what she has to say, but I am suspicious this is being filed right before the Survivor's Act is set to expire 

It was reported in the Daily Mail in 2016

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3430098/Former-Penthouse-Pet-Year-live-lover-Bob-Guccione-tells-drugged-Axl-Rose-grabbed-hair-dragged-carpet-tied-hands-sex-said-sorry.html

Thread at the time

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Is this a civil case or can actual criminal charges be brought?

It's a civil case but the statue of limitations on rape in New York (state where lawsuit was filed) is 20 years, so criminal charges cannot be brought up.

Edit from the article:

The suit was brought through New York’s Adult Survivors Act, a law that has waived the statute of limitations on sexual misconduct claims for civil suits.

Edited by Gibson87
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Cash grab...waiting 34 years 

I bet it's Civil, it'll all be about 💰 

Yeah, surely a complete cash grab: against a man who seems to have been suffering from severe mental health issues at the time, was famous for having a hair-trigger temper, and was shortly thereafter accused of similar things by two other women. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

To be perfectly honest I don't doubt that it may have happened, I am not going to completely write her off as being untruthful. I just wonder if the lawsuit against Fernando is what brought this one about as well 

That's what I'm thinking too. I don't think she's lying since it's been mentioned at different times before.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

To be perfectly honest I don't doubt that it may have happened, I am not going to completely write her off as being untruthful. I just wonder if the lawsuit against Fernando is what brought this one about as well 

All this family has for GNR and fans is misery and drama.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I'm thinking too. I don't think she's lying since it's been mentioned at different times before.

It's so ugly to think about and of course I don't want to think he did it, but his track record with women is not the greatest. Out of the whole band, isn't Duff the only one whose not had domestic abuse/sexual abuse allegations? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Draguns said:

34 years later to come forward????  It seems to be a cash grab. 

Beating the clock since the temporary NY law is about to expire. 

“For a year, a special New York law has cleared the way for a wave of headline-grabbing lawsuits against famous men accused of sexual misconduct, including former President Donald Trump, hip hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs and the comedian and actor Russell Brand.
But when the Adult Survivors Act expires after Thanksgiving, it also will have led to a multitude of legal claims by women who say they were sexually abused while serving time in the New York’s prisons and jails.
More than 2,500 lawsuits have been filed so far under the law, which created a year-long suspension of the usual time limit to sue over an alleged sexual assault.”

More at the link. 

https://apnews.com/article/sexual-abuse-lawsuits-new-york-6fd16aa4cc992c089e91c6fef064f375 

Cases like this will either have a private settlement for an undisclosed amount of money (which I think will be the case re: Fernando v Kat harassment claims, and a settlement/payout to Kat re: pics) or the case will be dismissed which won’t make as many headlines if that happens.