Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

57 minutes ago, Kira said:

It’s not good, I think it’s been documented that Axl had violent incidents with some women, although this one does sound like a cash grab.  He just better hope that this doesn’t spur more women to come out of the woodwork to talk to the media.  

This will cause him to go into hibernation again I think.  I wonder if he knew it was coming.

He knew. It was in the Look Away documentary and he commented on it via his lawyer at the time.

I think they will need to come up with a statement, even if the case is dismissed.  This has been pretty much picked up everywhere in a very short time. Based on the victim's own words from her book I don't think there is much of a case, however, the public perception is a whole different story.

2 hours ago, C.H. said:

Beating the clock since the temporary NY law is about to expire. 

“For a year, a special New York law has cleared the way for a wave of headline-grabbing lawsuits against famous men accused of sexual misconduct, including former President Donald Trump, hip hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs and the comedian and actor Russell Brand.
But when the Adult Survivors Act expires after Thanksgiving, it also will have led to a multitude of legal claims by women who say they were sexually abused while serving time in the New York’s prisons and jails.
More than 2,500 lawsuits have been filed so far under the law, which created a year-long suspension of the usual time limit to sue over an alleged sexual assault.”

More at the link. 

https://apnews.com/article/sexual-abuse-lawsuits-new-york-6fd16aa4cc992c089e91c6fef064f375 

Cases like this will either have a private settlement for an undisclosed amount of money (which I think will be the case re: Fernando v Kat harassment claims, and a settlement/payout to Kat re: pics) or the case will be dismissed which won’t make as many headlines if that happens.

Yeah. There was a similar law in New York about victims that were underage at the time of the alleged sexual assault. The lawsuit against Bob Dylan was filed under that law (on the day it expired, just like now) about something that supposedly happened in the 60s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah. There was a similar law in New York about victims that were underage at the time of the alleged sexual assault. The lawsuit against Bob Dylan was filed under that law (on the day it expired, just like now) about something that supposedly happened in the 60s.

Bob Dylan was sued for sexual assault?

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This is really, really bad, even though it's not a new story (in the sense that it has made the rounds in the press before).

The only thing that keeps it from being completely disastrous is that it's about stuff that happened more than 30 years ago and not something more recent (like with Marilyn Manson, for example) and the public perception of Axl for that period has been negative anyway.

I don't know. The issue that a lot of people will have is why wait 34 years to file a lawsuit. Additionally, she said that she was ok with from what you posted.  I think that GNR needs to issue a statement on this. The book excerpt will be posted by someone. 

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Also, Axl has never been in studio on Stern. They called him at a hotel once, and he called them once with Sebastian. Small detail, but still…

yeah that struck me as odd too. I remember the call was Axl and Sebastian Back on the phone. That was his only appearance. 

Also, Axl was a piece of shit back then and I can imagine him doing many bad things. 

For what it's worth, I could never imagine him being a rapist. I don't know him personally, but I'm pretty good at reading people. (Ellen and Chrissy Teigen are some of my success stories)

Axl IMO is much too soft, gentle and hurt to be a rapist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Also, Axl has never been in studio on Stern. They called him at a hotel once, and he called them once with Sebastian. Small detail, but still…

Yes, Axl was interviewed on Stern only twice: the first time Stern called Axl in his hotel in NY on the day of this birthday in February 1989; the second time was when Axl and Sebastian Bach called in from L.A. in the summer of 1990.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Bob Dylan was sued for sexual assault?

Yes, it was last year I think by a woman who said she was 12 when it happened. The lawsuit was quite vague though, and fans found that Dylan was probably in England at the time the lawsuit said the incident happened in New York. I don't know what happened with that lawsuit - I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

You fucking morons don't understand the difference to believing somebody's claims, and a guilty verdict ... Fuck off CLOWN

By her own admission she said that she was ok with it and they had more sex. Do you think that a woman would have sex with him again after being raped? 

When I was a teenager, I was a close friend with a woman. She was 17 and I was 15. She was dating a guy who was slightly older. They had sex. She accused him of rape. Being that she came from a strict Catholic family regarding sex, she was embarrassed about having sex. She was and still is bipolar.  It came out that she lied about being raped and that the sex was consensual. She didn't face any consequences since her father had connections.  I knew she had feelings for me, but I was concerned that she would have pulled something like this on me. 

The rocker's attorney, Alan Gutman of Gutman Law, tells TMZ ... "Simply put, this incident never happened. Notably, these fictional claims were filed the day before the New York State filing deadline expires."

Gutman continues ... "Though he doesn’t deny the possibility of a fan photo taken in passing, Mr. Rose has no recollection of ever meeting or speaking to the Plaintiff, and has never heard about these again fictional allegations prior to today."

Finally, he finishes with this ... "Mr. Rose is confident this case will be resolved in his favor."

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/22/axl-rose-denies-sexual-assault-claim-penthouse-model-lawsuit/