Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

I’m sure Axl was a complete asshole back then but bringing this up almost 35 years later is crazy and should be thrown out of court.   There has to be some type of reasonable time limit or any idiot can sue a celebrity any time they feel like it.  Courts are so full of useless law suits.  

Being sued for sexual assault when you're just about to put a song out about the subject....talk about synergy.

Any merit? I've been anticipating and dreading this day after watching that sky doc with all the aligations about men in the music industry, Tyler and Axl were talked about a lot....surprised it to took this long...Where do we go now?

5 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

I’m sure Axl was a complete asshole back then but bringing this up almost 35 years later is crazy and should be thrown out of court.   There has to be some type of reasonable time limit or any idiot can sue a celebrity any time they feel like it.  Courts are so full of useless law suits.  

It's usually 20 years statutory rights....they lifted that recently on a temporary basis, hence Tyler getting sued 40 + years later

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

Fuck if this delays the vinyl again somehow... :facepalm:

We've got perhaps and we've got the general already. we've even got soul monster and atlas shrugged that arent on the vinyl. vinyl is pointless now. GnR sat on the songs waaaaaaaay too long and they leaked. Just release everything we dont already have

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

There is a time limit that is called statute of limitations (which varies from state to state in the US and from country to country - I think it's usually 5-10 years for these type of accusations) so she normally wouldn't be able to sue.

However, the state of New York (I think California, too) passed a law that temporarily abolished the statute of limitations for a year, so that victims of sexual offenses that took place many years ago would be able to sue. New York originally did it only in the case of victims that were minors, so that the victims of Prince Andrew and the Catholic Church would be able to file lawsuits. But many celebrities were also sued within that temporary time window. Bob Dylan was sued by a woman claiming that he had molested her in the 60s when she was 12 and the lawsuit was filed on the day the law abolishing the statute of limitations expired. The Bob Dylan lawsuit was withdrawn and dismissed, btw:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/bob-dylan-abuse-accuser-drops-case-evidence-destruction/

Then New York passed a similar law for adult survivors and Axl has been sued with that (and, like in the case of Dylan, on the day the law expired).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Just now, Ratam said:

yes. 

Forgot about that....is that still ongoing? 

It's ok Axl, it seems to be a right of passage these days for the heyday stars...

We all know a bit about what Axl was like, it wouldn't.be his first day in court, would it...

I just hope he isn't a complete monster, he'a clearly had anger issues in the past but is quite a different person in 2023.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is a time limit that is called statute of limitations (which varies from state to state in the US and from country to country - I think it's usually 5-10 years for these type of accusations) so she normally wouldn't be able to sue.

However, the state of New York (I think California, too) passed a law that temporarily abolished the statute of limitations for a year, so that victims of sexual offenses that took place many years ago would be able to sue. New York originally did it only in the case of victims that were minors, so that the victims of Prince Andrew and the Catholic would be able to file lawsuits. But many celebrities were also sued within that temporary time window. Bob Dylan was sued by a woman claiming that he had molested her in the 60s when she was 12 and the lawsuit was filed on the day the law abolishing the statute of limitations expired. The Bob Dylan lawsuit was withdrawn and dismissed, btw:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/bob-dylan-abuse-accuser-drops-case-evidence-destruction/

Then New York passed a similar law for adult survivors and Axl has been sued with that (and, like in the case of Dylan, on the day the law expired).

Is that still a temp law or now new legislation then?

Erin has been very pro Axl and anti Stephanie since around the reunion, she even made a remark that basically said she was manipulated by team Stephanie to sue Axl and regrets it. Wish I could find it. She also gave a statement defending Axl in some other case not so long ago and commented on Stephanies sons instagram post pretty angrily. So no I don't think Erin is gonna show up again... But then again, who knows. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kira said:

I’m assuming that is “little Michelle”  she’s all over the internet.  She seems crazy to be honest, not saying that something didn’t happen to her, but I don’t know how credible her testimony would be.

She came on here to tell her story a good few years ago. Very inconsistent from what I remember.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Forgot about that....is that still ongoing? 

It's ok Axl, it seems to be a right of passage these days for the heyday stars...

We all know a bit about what Axl was like, it wouldn't.be his first day in court, would it...

I just hope he isn't a complete monster, he'a clearly had anger issues in the past but is quite a different person in 2023.

Think that Dylan is a closed case now.

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's temporary. It gives the opportunity to victims of sexual assault who normally wouldn't be able to sue because it happened way back in the past to file lawsuits. But after a certain date this window of opportunity ends and they won't be able to sue after that.

4 hours ago, VeeR said:

Within a couple of weeks from the last shows: Fernando getting sued, Frank getting divorced, and now Axl getting sued.

Axl is getting sued twice. Let's not forget that other lawsuit from the woman that got hurt by Axl's mic.

Three times actually, if you count Kat's claim regarding hostile work environment against GNR. I doubt he signed the name and control back over to Duff and Slash, so he's gonna have to deal with that one as well - as an employer.

I'm sorry for Frank, getting divorced sucks. If the accusations against Fernando and Axl are true I guess it's a case of fucked around and found out. I hope no one has to go to jail and all supposed victims get proper compensation if so applicable.

Get ready for the "We're FN Bankrupt" residency - streamed live from Folsom Prison.

35 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

Lawyers need their easy paydays!!

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's temporary. It gives the opportunity to victims of sexual assault who normally wouldn't be able to sue because it happened way back in the past to file lawsuits. But after a certain date this window of opportunity ends and they won't be able to sue after that.

Yes...I've followed that in recent cases....but there is a constant noise from campaigners and survivors to perm extend....or at least double it....I believe in France it did increase from 20 to 30 recently for minors.

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yes...I've followed that in recent cases....but there is a constant noise from campaigners and survivors to perm extend....or at least double it....I believe in France it did increase from 20 to 30 recently for minors.

Yes, and for minors it was already extended anyway because the statute of limitations started counting from the day the victim reached adulthood (and, depending on the case, even beyond that, e.g. from the day when the alleged victim remembered being abused as a child).