Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/axl-rose-accused-1989-sexual-160950543.html

In the comments section, the majority of comments are in Axl's corner. 

Yahoo comments are notoriously right wing, so that doesn't tell us anything about the broader public perception.

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Exactly. So which was it? You were happy you got the guy you wanted to get with, and you fooled around again? Or he assaulted you and you’ve got PTSD. I know the culture these days, and that’s not popular to say, but the way she wrote about it doesn’t seem at all like the way she described it in the suit. 

If you go home with a girl and you want to have sex, but she ties you down and shoves a dildo up your ass, is that consensual because you wanted sex? You tell me.

Some of the comments in this thread are just deliberately obtuse.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Yahoo comments are notoriously right wing, so that doesn't tell us anything about the broader public perception.

If you go home with a girl and you want to have sex, but she ties you down and shoves a dildo up your ass, is that consensual because you wanted sex? You tell me.

Some of the comments in this thread are just deliberately obtuse.

I wouldn't say that Yahoo is right wing. They've had plenty of articles that are liberal and comments from liberals. 

Also, I'm seeing plenty of comments on Facebook with articles about this. Again, majority is favoring Axl and questioning why this has been brought up after 34 years. 

Edited by Draguns
added more text

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

By her own admission she said that she was ok with it and they had more sex. Do you think that a woman would have sex with him again after being raped? 

I'm not defending this woman, or attacking Axl. I was unaware of her comments, because I didn't look into it, because I really dont care. My only point is Axl is more likely guilty than innocent when it comes to things like this. We like to wear rose-colored (pun intended) glasses when it comes to rockstars, but they did some fucked up shit, and then wrote songs about it! lol

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, axl666 said:

How quickly would this be resolved if a). there was a settlement or b). it went to court?

I think most of the time out of court settlements are reached during the process of pre-court depositions. So they go to trial only if an out of court settlement hasn't been reached (or the case hasn't been dismissed for another reason).

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

In 1989 Axl was with Erin right? Are there any other stories about Axl cheating on her? 

Just curious. 

I have heard some but I couldn't cite sources or speak to their accuracy. I am sure others can weigh in though. I am not really surprised if he has though given some of the stuff he has said in interviews around that time period.

15 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

In 1989 Axl was with Erin right? Are there any other stories about Axl cheating on her? 

Just curious. 

I remember seeing him with pictures of a black woman around this time. He was wearing a fur coat. 

Edited by AxlRQ93

6 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Just curious. 

He was on and off with Erin then. The story that Slash and Steven have described in their books (although their accounts differ from each other) also happened in 1989 when the band had relocated in Chicago to write new music.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He was on and off with Erin then. The story that Slash and Steven have described in their books (although their accounts differ from each other) also happened in 1989 when the band had relocated in Chicago to write new music.

what do you see being the outcome of this lawsuit in terms of GNR?

2 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

what do you see being the outcome of this lawsuit in terms of GNR?

GN'R is on a break right now. Unless something more happens with this lawsuit (e.g. other women come forward with allegations) it will be quietly settled out of court or dismissed before they come back.

• Like 2

Is anybody else just so mad at this band right now? We had a new song, The General got played live, they had a kick ass world tour, Axl was no longer the butt of every single joke. And now look at this mess. I am seeing this article everywhere across all major news sites and it's just brought me down as a fan. I'm mad at their ignorant manager, at Axl acting like a fool years ago that's coming back to bite him in the ass now, at Duff and his faux feminism because apparently its only cool to care about women after you've had daughters and it affects you personally. Slash gets a pass for now. But damn, why is being a GNR fan so hard?? 

Ugh, just mad and disappointed. I want this to be played out fairly and for the truth to come out either way it will, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I hope this go to trial, when you settle Is almost a guilty admission

But trial means a lot of publicity and usually neither side wants it, especially the one that is sued - and definitely I don't think Axl would want it. The persons that file lawsuits against celebrities with this kind of allegations, regardless of whether they are true or not, count on the fact that the celebrity would prefer to settle than go to trial.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But trial means a lot of publicity and usually neither side wants it, especially the one that is sued - and definitely I don't think Axl would want it. The persons that file lawsuits against celebrities with this kind of allegations, regardless of whether they are true or not, count on the fact that the celebrity would prefer to settle than go to trial.

You have a valid point.

I was looking for Bob Dylan lawsuit AND I didn't find anything