Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

28 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I truly do not want to sound mean, but it is so annoying that men only want to be a champion of women's rights after they have daughters and it affects them personally. I don't think Duff was or is a bad dude by any means, he is probably the least scummy one out of the band. But why is it a man's perspective only changes so much after he has daughters? Why couldn't he just feel that way to begin with? I'm saying that for men in general 

It's the same thing though about women. Women don't get  how tough it is to be a guy. A lot of women don't get how guys have to be thick skinned for a rejection or the entire thing about paying for a first date. A female friend and I got into a conversation about dates and who pays. When I stated my experience, she said that she can understand it better. 

Additionally, I have a physical disability. I have been discriminated against and had stereotypes hurled at me by both genders. Unless you have the personal experience of being discriminated against as a person with a disability, you won't have that same level of understanding.  

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

At the club, we were doing our thing, dancing, drinking. In the back of the room there was this table with a huge crowd around it: models and hangers-on, all gravitating around this incredibly good-looking guy with long red hair. I wanted that fucker, whoever he was.

I was thinking, “Oh shit.” I didn’t feel great about abandoning my friend, but I fucking wanted this guy.

Weirdly enough, I was okay with this. I had wanted to be with him since the minute I’d first laid eyes on him, and now I was getting him.

She kept saying how much she wanted him. And she got him. Where's the abuse? 

I also remember a different version she told before:

"There was cocaine everywhere, pills, champagne and I just happened to go into his bathroom and I'm looking around, everybody's in the living room, and I see bottles of lithium and all this stuff. And I'm thinking, 'He is about to explode. This guy is on everything right now. And I got kind of scared.' [...] I think I walked into a situation that was ugly and I should have left but there was something in me that was attracted to him and I thought he's a good looking guy, I could have fun with him."

She could have "fun with him".  To me, this doesn't sound like a victim but like someone who knows what they're doing. And goes for it. He was on everything and about to explode. She knows this but stays and even is attracted to him. Can have fun with him. If the roles were reversed now and he was the woman ands he was the man one would say she was intoxicated and he took advantage of it. And I think we all know what this would be called.

She clearly provoked him and if she stated the story like this in court she wouldn't have a case. 

Not for a minute do I believe that she didn't know who he was. She knew exactly and between the lines (or even just quite openly) you can read that he was a trophy. Nothing more. She was out to use him.

Me, me me. I wanted that fucker. He's not even a human being to her. He's a fucker. Then he shows her "fucker" and she cries wolf. Which she's done a few times over the years now - why file a lawsuit now? Because the fucker just has a successful tour behind him and is back in the spotlight, so we can milk him?

Well, let's see where this is going but in court she should make up her mind about details and not come with "it could have been the Pierre." LOL  The Pierre is a NYC landmark, used as a location in many movies and unique. Could have been the Pierre? I also met him at a hotel and I'll never forget the name of that hotel for the rest of my life. 

What's also interesting is how similar her description is to the account of Erin Everly and her alleged rape. The tying up, the anal, the commands. Almost sounds like he's been programmed. 

I wonder if she knew/knows about his childhood abuse.

Edited by Avillart
typo

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Her lawyers specialize in this kind of cases:

https://mcolaw.com/

Yes, but I think her story in the book Will play against her, she told the same but with different context. And for me the mention of a show of Howard Stern that apparently didn't exist Is a huge red flag in her story

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

But what do they have? She says this happened, he says it did not. 

the bar is low to prove civil cases.

they have his behavior on record. he was arrested In bout 1990 for hitting a woman with a wine bottle. they have the fact that he settled out of court with two women in abuse cases in 95 96. They could subpoena minutes from those cases, maybe Axl said something incriminating in one of them etc.they could bring in little Michelle as a character witness just to help sell it. Rachtman is a potential witness if he decides to be on her side 

Edited by AxlRQ93

22 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Are people not allowed to gain perspective as they get older and wiser? Are they not allowed to change without it being deemed “fake”? I’m so tired of presentism exhibited by so many people today. It’s fuckin’ ridiculous. The world was different 20 years back, 30 years back, 40 years back. 

I agree. 30 years ago and most people men or woman would have fucked Axl. 

Just now, The Cosmic Ted said:

But what do they have? She says this happened, he says it did not. 

I guess since Riki Rachtman is mentioned in the lawsuit, he will be subpoenaed, so a lot will depend on what he testifies (I doubt he'll confirm her allegations, though). They'll also rely on the other cases involving Axl that are mentioned in the lawsuit.

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes, but I think her story in the book Will play against her, she told the same but with different context. And for me the mention of a show of Howard Stern that apparently didn't exist Is a huge red flag in her story

I guess her lawyers looked for that Stern show and didn't find anything and that's why nothing about it is mentioned in the lawsuit.

The date mentioned in the lawsuit though matches with the date Axl did his first interview with Stern on the phone (Stern called him in his hotel). Actually the full audio of that interview was published recently, but there was nothing about a "penthouse pet" and the other things she said in the Daily Mail and in her book.

• PERHAPS 1

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess her lawyers looked for that Stern show and didn't find anything and that's why nothing about it is mentioned in the lawsuit.

The date mentioned in the lawsuit though matches with the date Axl did his first interview with Stern on the phone (Stern called him in his hotel). Actually the full audio of that interview was published recently, but there was nothing about a "penthouse pet" and the other things she said in the Daily Mail and in her book.

That Is the one he was sleeping?

38 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

the bar is low to prove civil cases.

they have his behavior on record. he was arrested In bout 1990 for hitting a woman with a wine bottle. they have the fact that he settled out of court with two women in abuse cases in 95 96. They could subpoena minutes from those cases, maybe Axl said something incriminating in one of them etc.they could bring in little Michelle as a character witness just to help sell it. Rachtman is a potential witness if he decides to be on her side 

Don't think Rachman testify against Axl, cause he is Axl friend.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning that there are people incriminating either side and arguments occurring over something there is zero factual evidence around at this time.

It could have happened OR it could have not happened, NOBODY fucking knows shit yet! That is why there are detectives and professional investigators, that is why you have to file a lawsuit in the first place, tt has to be PROVEN that her statements took place.

I see people on twitter calling Axl a rapist and shaming people for even slightly questioning it.
There should be ZERO position yet aside from one's personal experiences and from historical & factual evidence.

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I truly do not want to sound mean, but it is so annoying that men only want to be a champion of women's rights after they have daughters and it affects them personally. I don't think Duff was or is a bad dude by any means, he is probably the least scummy one out of the band. But why is it a man's perspective only changes so much after he has daughters? Why couldn't he just feel that way to begin with? I'm saying that for men in general 

Oh I agree on that. I roll my eyes whenever I hear a guy say that. Sadly, most people only care about something when it affects them personally.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/johnson-learns-job-drawing-ire-184526745.html

I'm reading this right now. There are plenty of comments from  liberals and conservatives in all the articles. Additionally, if you are using the word boomer then you are being a hypocrite. 

I don't want to derail this thread. I'm just going to say have a good night!

So you're just ignoring the most highly upvoted comments, then?

I'd love to hear how using the word boomer somehow makes me a hypocrite. :lol:

• Like 1

"I kinda signed up for it. I put myself in that situation. I did not consider it rape, it was consensual. That's why I never went to the police or reported it. [...] I felt so embarrassed and humiliated. [...] Once it was over with I felt dirty. I felt the shame. I felt the stuff that he should've been feeling."

Buyer's regret. She wanted to have "fun with him" (her words) and called him a fucker and once he joined in on the fun and showed her fucker she woke up from her fantasy. It was not rape, it was a wake up call. 

While he got a wake up call from Howard Stern the next morning - his birthday - and it did not sound like Stern was giving Axl that lecture for being late. It was 9 AM and he just called him. Again, details. Like not knowing which hotel she was (allegedly) assaulted at. 

Her story starts around the 51:00 minute mark

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Are people not allowed to gain perspective as they get older and wiser? Are they not allowed to change without it being deemed “fake”? I’m so tired of presentism exhibited by so many people today. It’s fuckin’ ridiculous. The world was different 20 years back, 30 years back, 40 years back. 

Y'all come up with an "ism" term to describe anything you disagree with as if its some kind of ideology. "The world was different" is a statement so vague as to be meaningless. Did the concepts of right and wrong not exist then? Nobody knew rape was bad in 1989?

The "pastism" ideology you're pushing is the idea that we cannot gain wisdom and view the past through our wiser lens of the present. Your comment is inherently contradicting itself.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

I think Duff was as scummy as all of them he just acts like what he did on the tours and backstage didnt happen and his a angel. 

Even his drinking stories have changed now from being addicted to partying with the band to now I drank to self medicate....

Duffs the biggest poser.

You know multiple things can be true at the same time, right? He can drink for fun, to self medicate and to feed his addiction. All at the same time.

10 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

To be perfectly honest I don't doubt that it may have happened, I am not going to completely write her off as being untruthful. I just wonder if the lawsuit against Fernando is what brought this one about as well 

A bunch of celebs were accused today from stuff that was said to happen decades ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I would suggest you disappear for sometime considering your extensive knowledge in the timeline of events and history of this band. You're just providing documents to the plaintiff :lol:

• Haha 3