Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So here’s my theory: 
The Nando and Axl allegations happened within a week or so, right? 
This was all scheduled. They were contacted by the girls way back and made a deal that they’d wait and first let them finish the tour. That’s why Axl was so hesitant to release new music and just toured instead. That’s why he released songs about hard school of life and why he’s literally saying "perhaps I was wrong" in one of them. That’s why, in the final stage, he introduced Daddy don’t, by which he’s saying it’s not his fault, cause he was abused etc. It’s his way of apologizing for the crazy young years. 
This makes 100% sense and no one will persuade me otherwise! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1PPKrODTSfu1F_UNVKuE

Jesus for the first 3 lines i thought you were serious man

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, C.H. said:

I just watched it and now I’m so confused.🥴 She’s telling a bit of a different story in this video, as opposed to what she wrote in her book - excerpts posted in thread- and now alleging in the lawsuit which I’ll re-read it again in case I misinterpreted her claim.

But she’s saying her legs were bleeding from rug burns from being pulled across the shag rug, not from sex or violent sexual penetration which is what I thought she meant since it’s kinda implied in her allegations. She says he pulled her hair, that and the rug burns would be considered physical abuse, mistreatment, which is hard to prove after 34 years. But ok. She said his mood changed from angry and loud to quiet and gentle. I mean, she said Axl was quiet, not screaming, not yelling, not trying to hurt her when the had sex. Ok.

Based on Sheila’s own words, the rest of what she’s describing in the documentary is a consensual sexual encounter which was, as she said “okay”, but it just wasn’t what she imaged it to be so she felt disappointed, gross and mad with herself for being with him in the first place. He didn’t live up to her expectations whatever that means. That’s what I got out of this interview.

She said she knew signed up for a one night stand with a rockstar and well yeah that’s what she got.  Yet she is adamant that it was not r*pe. To me, she really seemed bothered by Axl hooking up with B first then with her last. Like is this because she was a sorta famous Penthouse Pet who was used to attracting famous men so she felt like she shouldn’t have to share Axl with another woman or she should have had him first? That’s kinda egotistical. Am I misinterpreting Sheila or no?? I’m not ignoring her claims of physical mistreatment but I don’t understand what she is feeling embarrassed and humiliated about in regards to an alleged r*pe she herself said didn’t happen. This comes off as regret for her choice tbh. Idk this is very weird.🫤

It is a very strange interview. I have seen it twice, albeit quite a long time ago now, and it is a different account to other versions, although the lead up to it is similar. That said, I feel that him saying he has no recollection might be true for other reasons (wasted) and the statement from his lawyer is not strictly accurate because I know he commented on the Look Away documentary via his lawyer to say it was untrue. This is not the first time he is hearing the allegations.

24 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So here’s my theory: 
The Nando and Axl allegations happened within a week or so, right? 
This was all scheduled. They were contacted by the girls way back and made a deal that they’d wait and first let them finish the tour. That’s why Axl was so hesitant to release new music and just toured instead. That’s why he released songs about hard school of life and why he’s literally saying "perhaps I was wrong" in one of them. That’s why, in the final stage, he introduced Daddy don’t, by which he’s saying it’s not his fault, cause he was abused etc. It’s his way of apologizing for the crazy young years. 
This makes 100% sense and no one will persuade me otherwise! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1PPKrODTSfu1F_UNVKuE

Holy shit, Chinese Democracy definitely starts now

4 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Cornshucker confirmed as new single , perfect excuse now to pretend it's not decades old

Unmastered Sound City Sessions leaked on Nov. 15, and guess what previously unheard song version it contains. Yes, Cornshucker. See, it all makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Unmastered Sound City Sessions leaked on Nov. 15, and guess what previously unheard song version it contains. Yes, Cornshucker. See, it all makes perfect sense. 

"stick my dick right up her ass"
But no, in a serious light, this woman told a completely different story in the past than this one currently being presented.
Also being unable to recall "where" it happened, is a dead giveaway.

7 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Is anybody else just so mad at this band right now? We had a new song, The General got played live, they had a kick ass world tour, Axl was no longer the butt of every single joke. And now look at this mess. I am seeing this article everywhere across all major news sites and it's just brought me down as a fan. I'm mad at their ignorant manager, at Axl acting like a fool years ago that's coming back to bite him in the ass now, at Duff and his faux feminism because apparently its only cool to care about women after you've had daughters and it affects you personally. Slash gets a pass for now. But damn, why is being a GNR fan so hard?? 

Ugh, just mad and disappointed. I want this to be played out fairly and for the truth to come out either way it will, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Why mad at Axl for being young and reckless? He can't help it now, nor then. You give money, drugs and fame to a 20 year old, put him in a culture that glorifies it (whole LA and celeb scene) and expect good behaviour? 

And the women who hang around with people like that expect nothing bad will happen? Being drunk and high on drugs doesn't make you a good decision maker, be it man or a woman. I think both parties ought to look themselves in the mirror. 

• Like 1

Well Axl being a happy man and getting good press was great while it lasted. I bet he says fuck this shit, I’m out! 
Watching the documentary she clearly says it wasn’t rape, it was consensual. They were all young, dumb and on all kinds of drugs. It’s so convenient that the statute of limitations waiver expires in a few days and this comes like a week after GNR was in the news about their managers sexual assault allegations. But the mainstream press will likely roll with her side of the story, and the majority of people will hear that and not look any further. I think this is the beginning of the end for Axl being the happy guy we saw on stage this year, and GNR in general. 

8 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Well Axl being a happy man and getting good press was great while it lasted. I bet he says fuck this shit, I’m out! 
Watching the documentary she clearly says it wasn’t rape, it was consensual. They were all young, dumb and on all kinds of drugs. It’s so convenient that the statute of limitations waiver expires in a few days and this comes like a week after GNR was in the news about their managers sexual assault allegations. But the mainstream press will likely roll with her side of the story, and the majority of people will hear that and not look any further. I think this is the beginning of the end for Axl being the happy guy we saw on stage this year, and GNR in general. 

I reckon the case will be thrown out. Her story isnt consistant. She is on video saying it was consentual. It becomes a he say she say in court and Axl has video of her saying it was consentual.

Edited by vloors

55 minutes ago, vloors said:

I reckon the case will be thrown out. Her story isnt consistant. She is on video saying it was consentual. It becomes a he say she say in court and Axl has video of her saying it was consentual.

Unless it's a different video, her saying she thought it was consensual isn't her saying it in an approval tone, it sounds more like a disappointed tone, as in "i can't believe I considered this shocking thing was consensual sex" tone. Someone posted the video earlier, but here's specifically the quote so people can hear how it's supposed to come across when spoken aloud.

At least that's what I think she was going for.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Having children can change one’s perspective on a lot of things. Would you prefer Duff not have this outlook after having daughters? People grow and change and sometimes it takes life events to prompt positive changes and outlooks. This can include reform through prison or related programs, mentorship, finding Jesus, a partner, having children, etc. If anything, it shows he’s a dynamic person.

I think nobody would say it's a bad thing to have a change in perspective due to having daughters. The point is why are some people such incredible scumbags before? Why do they only change for the better once that such behaviour from another man could affect your own life?

I know a guy who used to say utterly disgusting things about women. Not aware of him abusing women, but with that attitude it wouldn't have surprised me. Now after having a daughter he became really protective and completely stopped talking the way he used to. Great, I guess. But it really shouldn't be so hard not to treat women like trash before having a daughter.

• Like 4

This is actually highlighting one of the things I hate about the world these days.

People applying 2023 rules and expectations to 1989. 

Simple fact is, people will or won't act a certain way based on what society deems acceptable. Treating women like this was far more acceptable in society back then. I'm NOT saying that was right, but stating that in that environment it wouldn't have been a totally unusual situation.

Now apply 2023 rules of society to it and that is NOT acceptable to people, and the likelihood of somebody acting that way is minimal at best. 

The way Axl did or didn't behave back then is a product of societies rules in 1989, and he shouldn't be tried by 2023's rules.

Hell, we all agree that paedo's and animal fuckers are disgusting people that should be euthanised right? What if in 34 years society suddenly changes and declares those things to be OK? We'll all be in the dock for criticising them.

Look at the way that gay people were treated before the 70's in the UK - it was acceptable to jail them FFS! Society changes, and you should be judged by the rules of society and law at the time, not by the court of public opinion of people who weren't even born, or were barely out of nappies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

This is actually highlighting one of the things I hate about the world these days.

Simple fact is, people will or won't act a certain way based on what society deems acceptable. Treating women like this was far more acceptable in society back then. I'm NOT saying that was right, but stating that in that environment it wouldn't have been a totally unusual situation.

Now apply 2023 rules of society to it and that is NOT acceptable to people, and the likelihood of somebody acting that way is minimal at best. 

The way Axl did or didn't behave back then is a product of societies rules in 1989, and he shouldn't be tried by 2023's rules.

Hell, we all agree that paedo's and animal fuckers are disgusting people that should be euthanised right? What if in 34 years society suddenly changes and declares those things to be OK? We'll all be in the dock for criticising them.

Look at the way that gay people were treated before the 70's in the UK - it was acceptable to jail them FFS! Society changes, and you should be judged by the rules of society and law at the time, not by the court of public opinion of people who weren't even born, or were barely out of nappies.

I think Axl is innocent in this case, but you’re operating from a false equivalency. Rape was still a crime in 1989.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

Wow. So much wrong with this post. Eeek.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight. She wanted to have sex with Axl but ended up sucking Riki's dick? Ooopsie. Then she heard Axl being abusive towards that other girl but still decided to stick around. Then she was dragged accross the floor violently and Axl proceeded to fuck her but she didn't actually say 'no' or try to make him stop because she was "weirdly enough, okay with this"? Then after being supposedly 'raped' she sucked his dick voluntarily and then proceeded to cuddle with him until the morning. And then bam, 34 years later she would like some sort of settlement for it? Seems legit.

• Like 2

All this talk on whether she wanted it or not,

but what about the other side as well? What did Axl do, to make sure he clearly obtained consent throughout the encounter, and none of it was because she was coerced or felt scared or unable to refuse?  Even he obtained consent for a few things or one thing earlier, consent can be withdrawn at any time, and consent to one sex act doesn't necessarily mean consent to all of them.

The answer is nothing, because according to the TMZ claim, Axl never met her!? So there's this massive blank space on Axl's perspective of the story, other than "the entire thing never happened".

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, chorrada said:

I think nobody would say it's a bad thing to have a change in perspective due to having daughters. The point is why are some people such incredible scumbags before? Why do they only change for the better once that such behaviour from another man could affect your own life?

I know a guy who used to say utterly disgusting things about women. Not aware of him abusing women, but with that attitude it wouldn't have surprised me. Now after having a daughter he became really protective and completely stopped talking the way he used to. Great, I guess. But it really shouldn't be so hard not to treat women like trash before having a daughter.

Errare humanum est. It's great if you have a healthy view on women, but not everyone is there right away. People grow up in different situations and it really doesn't help if you use drugs, women throw themselves at you without any regard to their own value. If rock stars have warped view on women, it really is no surprise. Being a celebrity alone brings along all kinds of leeches and hangers on, probably hard to treat people well when it's abuse and be abused situation. And again drugs ans alcohol rarely make people nice. I understand that in the days of rock'n roll decadence, it wasn't pretty and it's on you if you get dissapointed by them. I wouldn't cast judgement. It's sad, really. They are all victims of the culture they inhabited.