Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

An hour of catching up to this thread but holy crap, hadn’t this story been talked about for ages though?

I picked a bad time to get busy at work - hope yall have a good thanksgiving but between Nandi and This - well… SHIT.

Having read the RS article.. ugh I’m done with the internet until Monday if I can help it. I fucking hate, hate, hate this….

Edited by IzzysMissy
Caught up…
  • PERHAPS 1

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Axl's attorney has made a statement to TMZ. Axl says the whole thing is fictional, he has no recollection of ever meeting or speaking to the Plaintiff.

Whether that's true or not it's probably the best way to play it because it will be near impossible to prove that everyone mentioned was in that location at that time 34 years ago outside of the other people involved backing up her story and it's very likely they won't whether that's because it didn't happen or for other reasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

The rocker's attorney, Alan Gutman of Gutman Law, tells TMZ ... "Simply put, this incident never happened. Notably, these fictional claims were filed the day before the New York State filing deadline expires."

Gutman continues ... "Though he doesn’t deny the possibility of a fan photo taken in passing, Mr. Rose has no recollection of ever meeting or speaking to the Plaintiff, and has never heard about these again fictional allegations prior to today."

Finally, he finishes with this ... "Mr. Rose is confident this case will be resolved in his favor."

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/22/axl-rose-denies-sexual-assault-claim-penthouse-model-lawsuit/

I guess the part about the photo is just in case she had taken a picture with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Whether that's true or not it's probably the best way to play it because it will be near impossible to prove that everyone mentioned was in that location at that time 34 years ago outside of the other people involved backing up her story and it's very likely they won't whether that's because it didn't happen or for other reasons.

I guess one possible thing that could go against Axl response now would be if Rikki Rachtman was to say ‘yes I saw her dragged away while I stayed quiet and didn’t do anything’ (as she claimed he did in her memoir)

Being that Axl is known for his interest in BDSM, it might be easy for people to jump straight to guilty on this one.

Why did she wait so long? Any number of reasons. It's not black and white. 

I mean, from the testimonials we've all read about Axl and women back in his hotel, they are always amazed by how quiet and considered he is, and how he just wants to talk all night... That's not to say he isn't capable of something like this. But it is also possible that they had consensual srx and Axl asked for s bit more, she agreed and sometime during this she decided she didn't like what was happening. Plenty of possibilities.

And for all those who said "what's the big deal nobody knows Fernando" well, somebody knew the Kat case was coming or came out and sure enough this appears. I have no doubt that the other women who posts on Facebook and YouTube about Axl abusing her when she was a teen will also come out of the woodwork. If Axl had came out and said "Gnr stand against all forms of abuse, we believe Kat and have decided to part with Fernando and TB as management for GNR" would this be more or less of a story. Now they have two cases on their hands, bad news for gnr.

2 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I guess one possible thing that could go against Axl response now would be if Rikki Rachtman was to say ‘yes I saw her dragged away while I stayed quiet and didn’t do anything’ (as she claimed he did in her memoir)

Well yes, but I think the chance of him doing that is quite low. Even if it is what actually happened and assuming he can remember after all this time. One person's life changing event can be another person's Tuesday especially as rockstar parties/coke binges/orgies by all accounts sound like they were common place in the rock heyday.

• Like 2

It's better Axl silently gets a deal as fast as he can.

With his past records and stories this could become a shit storm .

There's little Michelle, there's Erin and Steph. Theres the Chicago incident.

His then behaviour is well known. That can bring a lot of cash grabbers that had similar experiences with him through late 80's, early 90's

5 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

It's better Axl silently gets a deal as fast as he can.

Anything but a deal. If he is innocent he has to go to court.

Making a deal ruined Michael Jackson's entire life, he even said himself that his biggest regret was not going to court in the 90s.

It just makes you look guilty as fuck. He has to fight it if he is truly innocent.

I don’t think we ever see Axl in public again, or get any other records after this sadly.

This is just the kind of justification / excuse he needs to close up shop permanently, even if he’s not actually cancelled.

He’s a paranoid person. Between this and the Fernando thing he will see it as the media trying to destroy him, and we won’t hear from him again. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Well yes, but I think the chance of him doing that is quite low. Even if it is what actually happened and assuming he can remember after all this time. One person's life changing event can be another person's Tuesday especially as rockstar parties/coke binges/orgies by all accounts sound like they were common place in the rock heyday.

Another thing I just realised is she called the other model “B”.. the more I read this story the more far fetched it sounds.. who is B? And why hasn’t B said anything? And will B even come forward? And in all seriousness, B could literally be anyone she chooses to help her if this is all for some dollar. Weird story in my opinion. But as an Axl fan I obviously lean more towards hope but like you said, back in them days a lot of crazy shit was common place 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, AxlRQ93 said:

I don’t think we ever see Axl in public again, or get any other records after this sadly.

This is just the kind of justification / excuse he needs to close up shop permanently, even if he’s not actually cancelled.

He’s a paranoid person. Between this and the Fernando thing he will see it as the media trying to destroy him, and we won’t hear from him again. 

In 2 weeks nobody will remember this. Like nobody is talking about Benzova anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Well we’ll have to wait and see if GNR responds like they did for the Fernando case

GnR won't respond, that was different because GnR is one of the defendants. Here it's just Axl.

3 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Another thing I just realised is she called the other model “B”.. the more I read this story the more far fetched it sounds.. who is B? And why hasn’t B said anything? And will B even come forward? And in all seriousness, B could literally be anyone she chooses to help her if this is all for some dollar. Weird story in my opinion. But as an Axl fan I obviously lean more towards hope but like you said, back in them days a lot of crazy shit was common place 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's pretty common in memoirs/autobiographies. It's done when their name isn't remembered or they don't want to be mentioned. I don't think B was someone that she knew previously, just another woman who they met that night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I'm thinking too. I don't think she's lying since it's been mentioned at different times before.

Well having talked about it before isn't confirmation of fact, that just means the story on her side remains the unchanged.

• Like 1

There is a strategy in crisis management where no immediate action is taken is often referred to as "watchful waiting" or "do-nothing strategy." This approach involves monitoring the situation closely without immediate intervention, allowing time for gathering more information or assessing the situation's evolution before making a decision or taking action. 

sometimes risks associated with taking immediate action outweigh the benefits or when uncertainty exists about the best way to intervene. 

6 minutes ago, Leandro Jose said:

In 2 weeks nobody will remember this. Like nobody is talking about Benzova anymore. 

You don't think that story isn't going to get more circulation now? I think the Kat story just grew wings... Could be wrong.

In general there's a week or two of bad press and then people move on. Axl is lucky people are so preoccupied with the Gaza crisis to really best him up.

20 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

What's wrong with you?

This story was first publicized shortly after the reunion was announced in 2016 and didn't generate any further negative publicity then. Sheila Kennedy was also interviewed in the "Look Away" documentary (that was about women being abused by rock stars) a couple of  years ago, but the Steven Tyler story featured in it got the most attention.

Now a lawsuit is a different thing and will definitely get more publicity (already has), but probably will be forgotten in a few days (like in the Bob Dylan case), unless there are allegations from other women and it snowballs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manfisman said:

The way this is written it sounds like she was ok with it. She actually says it:

"Weirdly enough, I was okay with this. I had wanted to be with him since the minute I’d first laid eyes on him, and now I was getting him. Once he was done he untied me and we fucked around some more."

Exactly. So which was it? You were happy you got the guy you wanted to get with, and you fooled around again? Or he assaulted you and you’ve got PTSD. I know the culture these days, and that’s not popular to say, but the way she wrote about it doesn’t seem at all like the way she described it in the suit. 

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I don't think consent is given or withdrawn freely in a situation where she's lying there naked, tied up, bleeding and crying, after just having been physically abused by him. It doesn't matter whether she said no. He should not have had sex with her in that situation. Period.

Very true. But did you read the way it was described in her book? A little bit different than the way you put it above…