Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

I can remember the disappointment I felt reading the news about that record being a covers album. I was so wrong. I still can’t listen to anything else at the moment. Every time I try to listen to something else I have to go back to this record. It’s crazy. 

I have to say, there isn’t a bad song on it. Even the worst track is still s good track imo.
It starts very strong with a one-two-three combo. The Pusher - Crossroads - Hoochie Coochie Man… All three are awesome. Every time I hear Chris play the harmonica I have a smile on my face. The riff on HCM is played really heavy but it fits very well and it has Zig Zag‘s best contribution on the whole record. I love his keys there. 
You know you have something great released when a fantastic song like Oh Well is one of the weaker tracks on that album.

Even Metal Chestnut is great. I enjoyed it a lot when listening to it without knowing what I‘m listening to because I was busy.

The highlights are the first three, PWARS, Living For The City and Stormy Monday of course. What they did with that one is phenomenal.

Can’t get enough.

Anyone still listening?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Anyone still listening?

I checked out the new Black Crowes album because of this one, and now I'm stuck listening to it, and just like this album, it only had 1 song I didn't like. Wouldn't have checked it out if it wasn't for The Pusher. Many songs that I think are even better than The Pusher, they made me realize how little happens in the song lol. One is "Bleed It Dry", and it also would've fit perfectly on here.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Anyone still listening?

I am and I have turned others onto it as well.  This album is also great background music at party's I have found. 

Super stoked for the tour.. Even though the thought of Teddy singing is a huge turnoff. I watched some more of that Amoeba show and he is so bad.. Shake Your Money Maker and Built For Comfort were tough to watch. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am and I have turned others onto it as well.  This album is also great background music at party's I have found. 

Super stoked for the tour.. Even though the thought of Teddy singing is a huge turnoff. I watched some more of that Amoeba show and he is so bad.. Shake Your Money Maker and Built For Comfort were tough to watch. 

I’m happy for everyone who’s able to visit a show but since I’m not I’m more looking forward to what they can come up with themselves. I really hope they’ll go into the studio for future releases. 

But yeah that record very good as background music as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I’m happy for everyone who’s able to visit a show but since I’m not I’m more looking forward to what they can come up with themselves. 

Me too.  If there is a flaw with the album is that there aren't any originals. I know MC is but like a complete song with vocals. I expected there to at least be a couple. Let's see how the tour goes. Probably a good chance they come up with some material on the road. 

• Like 2

I really really love Metal Chestnut, his soloing is just so pure early 90s Slash. I wish the song would just go on and on and on. It somehow feels celebratory and triumphant, like he knew he had a killer record on his hands and wanted to give it a fitting fare well.

Makes me feel like the first few years of my love for Estranged, where I wished his solos would just go on for much much longer.

Edited by Spoon87
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I checked out the new Black Crowes album because of this one, and now I'm stuck listening to it, and just like this album, it only had 1 song I didn't like. Wouldn't have checked it out if it wasn't for The Pusher. Many songs that I think are even better than The Pusher, they made me realize how little happens in the song lol. One is "Bleed It Dry", and it also would've fit perfectly on here.

New Black Crowes and Slash are two of the best rock albums of the year. 

• Like 3

It’s a bit annoying to have to pay for a live stream but now that I read veeps I remember he did that already with 4… or was it for LTD? I’ll pay for it anyway but I hope it’s better than the Amoeba gig.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It’s a bit annoying to have to pay for a live stream but now that I read veeps I remember he did that already with 4… or was it for LTD? I’ll pay for it anyway but I hope it’s better than the Amoeba gig.

It was for 4, the Boston 2022 show. This should be better than the Amoeba one since it'll be the full band and it's on the tour itself.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It was for 4, the Boston 2022 show. This should be better than the Amoeba one since it'll be the full band and it's on the tour itself.

Yeah you’re right. Let’s see on how many songs Teddy’s gonna do the lead vocals :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

For some reason, it's not embedded here. 

Seems like it's the same video posted on YouTube Premium the day the album came out.

It's not the same video. Very cool to see those behind the scenes. :)

I did it on my phone, maybe that's why it didn't embed. I think the premium video is just a short version of the whole thing.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 7:17 AM, BucketEgg said:

I liked the album, so I'm excited about the show being livestreamed on July the 17th!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-to-livestream-s-e-r-p-e-n-t-blues-festival-performance-from-denver

:dance:

The tickets to watch the livestream are $14.99 (USD)

Do we think he's decided to do this as an extra revenue stream, since show tixs haven't been flying off the shelf?

Either way, I'm happy we'll get a decent (hopefully) proshot of this....I did expect Slash to want to do that...

On 6/14/2024 at 8:28 PM, Voodoochild said:

For some reason, it's not embedded here. 

Seems like it's the same video posted on YouTube Premium the day the album came out.

It's not the same video. Very cool to see those behind the scenes. :)

So Tash will be the singer for the tour (as well as rhythm guitarist)?

• Like 1

I was against cover albums but this one changed my mind. I still prefer original written songs but if the lack of new GNR music is a songwriting issue or writer’s block on Axl’s part, like some people wanna call it, then I’d take another covers record of rock classics immediately instead of no music at all (or that stupid CD leftovers).

• Like 1

What do you think about a fourth single? It’s not uncommon for Slash to release four singles of the same record and it could be planned to release it when the tour kicks off. There’s still some footage recorded in that bar which I haven’t seen on the previous released videos. I doubt this was just a photo session for magazines.

What are your thoughts? What could be the fourth single? Do you think there will be one at all?