Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Edited with the SERPENT festival announcement:

--

Edited again with official info about the single. Will update once the full tracklist goes official.

The first song is Killing Floor (feat. Brian Johnson). It's already out depending if you live in the future.

--

Edit: Seems like something is coming indeed.

---

<Original post>

The Magnatone guy kinda went ahead and said he thinks Slash's new solo album will be out by March. Check it out from 2:12 below. 

Edited by Voodoochild
Including some news
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

The Magnatone guy kinda went ahead and said he thinks Slash's new solo album will be out by March. Check it out from 2:12 below. 

Thanks for posting. That would be great but I think we would know more by now if it was really considered for March. I think I read somewhere it’s planed for after the tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

What’s the Slash version of “getting the corn”? Because that guy will probably get it :lol:

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Slash said the album will be released after the tour (which ends in late April). So it's likely that the first single will be released earlier.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe first single in March?

Just guessing but it’s possible that Myles‘ guesting on the album. If it’s him on the first single they could add it to the setlist.

• Like 4

Slash has pretty competent and professional release campaigns and stuff, so we'd know by now if the album was coming in March. 

A single, album release date announced, another single or two, then album out is the pretty normal routine. I imagine he'd want the tour out of the way before all that starts.  

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Just guessing but it’s possible that Myles‘ guesting on the album. If it’s him on the first single they could add it to the setlist.

Myles being the guest singer on this new Slash solo album's first single would defeat the purpose of it imo. I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. I would also imagine that Myles would want to give Slash the chance to work with someone else, at least for the first single. The conspirators are going to release another full album with Myles anyway. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Myles being the guest singer on this new Slash solo album's first single would defeat the purpose of it imo. I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. I would also imagine that Myles would want to give Slash the chance to work with someone else, at least for the first single. The conspirators are going to release another full album with Myles anyway. 

I mainly agree with you but I don’t know if Slash agrees with you. Obviously he has a different opinion on Myles than most of us have. Considering that his schedule is quite tight and limited to this year he might thought this idea is a good one. But again, I’m not saying it’s gonna be that way but it could explain the March release theory.

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm at NAMM too; I played that amp today and it sounds just like any other Marshall. Nothing remarkable otherwise. Also the Magnatone guy was being really annoying when I was there.

That’s upsetting. What did he do?

And what else did you see there? I thought this was really cool: 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

That's a good point. I kind of guessed he will be because he was on the other album with solo singers but The conspirators were not around then so who knows. My guess would be Iggy, Gary Clark jr possibly Melissa Reece, Demi Levato we already know about.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

something to do with noodles is my guess

21 hours ago, D4NNY said:

What’s the Slash version of “getting the corn”? Because that guy will probably get it :lol:

Like the wet bandits, Slash has a calling card, it is a big fat python through your letter box after having all your locks changed....🐍

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

It would be nice to have Axl sing on one track. I know it's extremely unlikely but other band members have guested haven't they?

My guess is if Axl is on it at all then in my estimation it would 99% be a cover, like Wichita, Walk All Over You or some other song he loves. Can't see him really being excited recording vocals for a new Slash solo song.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

My guess is if Axl is on it at all then in my estimation it would 99% be a cover, like Wichita, Walk All Over You or some other song he loves. Can't see him really being excited recording vocals for a new Slash solo song.

I'd be happy if Axl was just playing piano... I hope there's at least 1 or 2 instrumental songs on this album, Slash was doing some nice bluesy solo spots a few years ago. I'd love a studio version of Wichita and I don't care whether it's released by GNR or Slash solo, it would be great. I always thought Parisienne Walkways would be a perfect fit for Axl and Slash to cover...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd be happy if Axl was just playing piano... I hope there's at least 1 or 2 instrumental songs on this album, Slash was doing some nice bluesy solo spots a few years ago. I'd love a studio version of Wichita and I don't care whether it's released by GNR or Slash solo, it would be great. I always thought Parisienne Walkways would be a perfect fit for Axl and Slash to cover...

Slash could "lure" Axl in to record by having Dave Grohl play drums on the track or something lol:lol:I'm not in the -Axl is unlikely to be on the album- group, I definitely think the chance is much higher than people think, 50/50 to me. Also didn't GNR cover Parisienne Walkways back in the club days? I somehow recall that being thrown around in this forum somewhere, maybe it was just a rumour.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash could "lure" Axl in to record by having Dave Grohl play drums on the track or something lol:lol:I'm not in the -Axl is unlikely to be on the album- group, I definitely think the chance is much higher than people think, 50/50 to me. Also didn't GNR cover Parisienne Walkways back in the club days? I somehow recall that being thrown around in this forum somewhere, maybe it was just a rumour.

I'm kinda hoping for Josh Freese again 🤞

I wonder if part of the reason Brain was on tour with them in 2022 was because Slash was working on this album? I'd love to hear what Brain and Slash sound like on an actual new song.

I don't think they ever did Parisienne Walkways, but there's a few Moore/Lynott songs I think they'd sound great on...

• Like 2