Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

6 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

This is the instrumental of the song Slash did for that popstar who is going to sing on this album in return. Recorded on the road last gnr tour (Netherlands i think) I'm not saying it as a joke but the drums have clipping 

will remove the link later  if not allowed

https://mega.nz/file/1O9EQBoS#omatNamgcv9txPRw_rIQcYUc7-Kcl4GprmR6Xt7uQ7Y

That whole record with that song is clipping all over.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

This is the instrumental of the song Slash did for that popstar who is going to sing on this album in return. Recorded on the road last gnr tour (Netherlands i think) I'm not saying it as a joke but the drums have clipping 

will remove the link later  if not allowed

https://mega.nz/file/1O9EQBoS#omatNamgcv9txPRw_rIQcYUc7-Kcl4GprmR6Xt7uQ7Y

So this means that Axl and Caram were just following the latest trend? :awesomeface:

I presume Slash only recorded the solo, right?

Thanks for the link. Is that an official instrumental piece or AI-manipulated? His solo kinda fades away in the ending.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

So this means that Axl and Caram were just following the latest trend? :awesomeface:

I presume Slash only recorded the solo, right?

Thanks for the link. Is that an official instrumental piece or AI-manipulated? His solo kinda fades away in the ending.

I removed the vocals 

• GNFNR 1

Remember Alice Cooper being allegedly backstage at a show last year? same one where they were sound checking that thing that sounded like The Garden? I wonder if he's on it this. I get Alice Cooper is not exactly a blues singer but i'm trying to think of singers that Slash was around last year, & they have worked together before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Remember Alice Cooper being allegedly backstage at a show last year? same one where they were sound checking that thing that sounded like The Garden? I wonder if he's on it this. I get Alice Cooper is not exactly a blues singer but i'm trying to think of singers that Slash was around last year, & they have worked together before.

Good callout! I think Alice would sound great with Slash. I’m really looking forward to this album. There are about 5 songs on his first all star album that are absolutely fantastic so I’m hoping for the same on this one. And a tour where he focuses more on the Snakepit and all star albums? Hell yeah! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Good callout! I think Alice would sound great with Slash. I’m really looking forward to this album. There are about 5 songs on his first all star album that are absolutely fantastic so I’m hoping for the same on this one. And a tour where he focuses more on the Snakepit and all star albums? Hell yeah! 

That last all star album he did was the last thing he did that i really liked. Wouldn't surprise me if Adler is on a song again either.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 9:33 AM, Rindmelon said:

I get Alice Cooper is not exactly a blues singer but i'm trying to think of singers that Slash was around last year, & they have worked together before.

Slash said it was going to be a "Blues Oriented" record.. I would expect it to be more blues based rock with maybe a couple traditional blues songs... I would have liked a full on Blues album but looking forward to it none the less

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

I'd love it if Steven Tyler was on it. Didn't Slash want him on the last solo album, or he got him but the song was shelved? Something like that?

Yeah Aerosmiths label blocked it at the time, maybe it is that song that was shelved back in 2010. Seems that they might have got it figured out this time, now that we have pics of Steven and Slash in a studio together.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I went to see SMKC yesterday for the first time and I must say, man what a band. They sound really REALLY good. 

Myles is a beast as a singer, he sounds EXACTLY as the recorded songs. He is pretty static and IMO lacks the rocking edge I love about Axl or any of the great singers/frontmans out there. 

Slash...well, he gets the show going, we all love him with all our hearts, I get goosebumps just looking at him on a stage. But his lead playing was really a let down. I've been saying this for a long time now, but all the extended solos go nowhere melody wise...he seems to be trying to prove he can play fast licks that have nothing to do with the song that's playing. He even fucked up the Fill My World solo...

He is great on rythm though...but it's a big let down how he got worse and worse in comparison with his former self. 

This is MY opinion and I'm just sharing it. 

He'll always be my favorite guitar player, and in studio he still is the best as well...dont know what's happening live, it may be the energy of the show or whatever, who known?

Great show overall. 

I agree, and it sucks because nobody is going to tell Slash how to play guitar. And Axl certainly can't criticize his performance quality...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed a handful of tracks from his 2010 solo album. Anastasia is also great, from one of his subsequent solo records if I'm not wrong. Of course it would be awesome if they had Axl guest sing on a song. Sebastian Bach as well. 

Josh Freese on drums of course would be amazing. And/or Brain. Matt too, and Steven for maybe one or two songs that are fitted to his style.

Maybe he can have Robin and/or Buckethead guest on a song if he wants to have multiple leads. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I enjoyed a handful of tracks from his 2010 solo album. Anastasia is also great, from one of his subsequent solo records if I'm not wrong. Of course it would be awesome if they had Axl guest sing on a song. Sebastian Bach as well. 

Josh Freese on drums of course would be amazing. And/or Brain. Matt too, and Steven for maybe one or two songs that are fitted to his style.

Maybe he can have Robin and/or Buckethead guest on a song if he wants to have multiple leads. 

He wouldn't let Bucket outshine him on his own album. Maybe Paul can play some rhythm guitar. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Steven is on a song again, Brain would be awesome and Josh is a real possibility. After Matt's book, I doubt he'll be included in their solo projects again...

• Wow 1