Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

6 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Slash and even Duff while doing a million other things: oh by the way here is my new album.

Axl: ...

at least there is the Schenker collaboration

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Looks like Teddy Andreadis may be involved

2024_089.jpg

He was in Slashs band in the late 90s, seems appropriate. Wonder if they picked a song they used to do back then (or even better, a new original)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Screems for some harmonica.

He used to do lead vocals also, and they were pretty great. I recall him doing Neither Can I. Slash has a couple badass blues songs under his belt, that one aswell as Ain't Life Grand. I will be stoked as hell if the whole album is just songs like those 2.

• Like 4

Among others they played The Thrill Is Gone in Blues Ball, but since this is basically promo for the new single, I doubt it’s a cover song. So either Teddy has written his own lyrics and melodies or he plays an instrument. I tend to the latter.

30 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Among others they played The Thrill Is Gone in Blues Ball, but since this is basically promo for the new single, I doubt it’s a cover song. So either Teddy has written his own lyrics and melodies or he plays an instrument. I tend to the latter.

Lead single new original song The Thrill Is Here confirmed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He was in Slashs band in the late 90s, seems appropriate. Wonder if they picked a song they used to do back then (or even better, a new original)

And he was in that MJ video for Give In To Me (along with Gilby). :lol:

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The tracklist just leaked, and apparently it's all new songs

1. Dead Under A Bad Sign (feat. Corey Taylor) 3:59

2. Straightroads (feat. Eric Clapton) 4:21

3. Key To The Motorway (feat. Myles Kennedy) 5:50 

4. Hoochie Coochie Woman (feat. Taylor Swift) 6:49

5. Not Superstitious (At All) (feat. Stevie Wonder) 2:30

6. Don't Bring It On Home (feat. Robert Plant) 5:15

7. The Thrill Is Here (feat. Axl Rose)  3:30

8. Blues #49 (feat. Joe Walsh) 3:26

9. Magic Carpet Hike (feat. Steven Tyler) 3:12

10. Voodoo Child (Immense Return) (feat. C.C. Deville) 4:36

11. Daylight Prowler (feat. Angus Young) 5:20

You forgot 12. Machine Gun (Kelly) (feat. Demi Lovato) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The tracklist just leaked, and apparently it's all new songs:

1. Dead Under A Bad Sign (feat. Corey Taylor) 3:59

2. Straightroads (feat. Eric Clapton) 4:21

3. I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Woman (feat. Taylor Swift) 6:49

4. Don't Bring It On Home (feat. Robert Plant) 5:15

5. Not Superstitious (At All) (feat. Stevie Wonder) 2:30

6. Fuck #49 (feat. Joe Walsh) 3:26

7. Magic Carpet Hike (feat. Steven Tyler) 3:12

8. Voodoo Child (Immense Return) (feat. C.C. Deville) 4:36

9. Day Prowler (feat. Angus Young) 5:20

10. Bon Jovi Can Suck My D*ck (Live) (feat. Axl Rose) 2:20 (Previously Unreleased) (Bonus Track)

Japan Bonus track

1-Mr brown note(Feat elvis fart recorded in 1971)

2-rainha do foguete( Bossa Rocket queen with beta moans)

3-Aids on you(Mcdaddy)

Edited by davesaabat
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, davesaabat said:

Japan Bonus track

1-Mr brown note(Feat elvis fart recorded in 1971)

2-rainha do foguete( Bossa Rocket queen with beta moans)

3-Aids on you(Mcdaddy)

The only Beta moans I can (or want to) imagine is "Complaints, complaints". 

17 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Reported by Slashfrance, the album is 12 tracks of blues covers, and comes out in May.

fuck, Slashfrance is considered reliable right? if true that it's all covers that makes it not as exciting for me at least as a concept. could still be good, was just hoping for original material but Slash is not really a blues player so if true it would make some sense I guess...

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

fuck, Slashfrance is considered reliable right? if true that it's all covers that makes it not as exciting for me at least as a concept. could still be good, was just hoping for original material but Slash is not really a blues player so if true it would make some sense I guess...

I posted it already in the Slash section, but I agree. A cover album isn’t by far as exciting as a self composed record. 

First single is a cover from 1964

• Like 1

I couldn't care less who wrote what, I want to see who played and sings on the songs, goddamn it. The ACDC connection is exciting, must be either Angus or Brian then, or a cover of The Jack or Ride On which would be cool too. Imagine Axl and Angus on the same track.

not that I fault Slash for this, but it would have been better imo if he presented this project from the start as a cover album. 

I wonder what Slash can bring to old blues tunes. it's one thing when The Stones do it for example, it's another when a rock guy like Slash does it.

even guys like Clapton and his Robert Johnson cover project kinda make more sense cause he's also a blues player or when Ace did the Origins Volume 1 and 2 covering mostly old rock tunes, again in his genre. 

this is kinda like Slash's blues ball in studio with guest singers.

would have been much more exciting to have Slash just do a second Slash and friends album imho or just a solo record with one good singer other than Myles. I think it makes it more cohesive and flows better when a guitar player that doesn't sing only picks 1 or 2 singers and lets the material do most of the heavy lifting.

Slash should do whatever he chooses to do and it's still going to be probably better than nothing. I was just hoping he finally did something a little bit more ambitious.

Edited by Rovim

25 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not that I fault Slash for this, but it would have been better imo if he presented this project from the start as a cover album. 

I wonder what Slash can bring to old blues tunes. it's one thing when The Stones do it for example, it's another when a rock guy like Slash does it.

even guys like Clapton and his Robert Johnson cover project kinda make more sense cause he's also a blues player or when Ace did the Origins Volume 1 and 2 covering mostly old rock tunes, again in his genre. 

this is kinda like Slash's blues ball in studio with guest singers.

would have been much more exciting to have Slash just do a second Slash and friends album imho or just a solo record with one good singer other than Myles. I think it makes it more cohesive and flows better when a guitar player that doesn't sing only picks 1 or 2 singers and lets the material do most of the heavy lifting.

Slash should do whatever he chooses to do and it's still going to be probably better than nothing. I was just hoping he finally did something a little bit more ambitious.

It’s pretty hard to judge since we haven’t heard any of it yet. And really, Slash has said next to nothing about it, so as not to overhype it. So I don’t know what you were expecting?

Just now, metallex78 said:

It’s pretty hard to judge since we haven’t heard any of it yet. And really, Slash has said next to nothing about it, so as not to overhype it. So I don’t know what you were expecting?

which is why I said  it could still be good and I wonder what Slash can bring to old blues tunes. also said I don't fault Slsah for not saying it was a blues cover album. 

I was expecting original material, I guess cause in my mind he was just going to do a Slash and friends type of an album but based in traditional blues. 

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If not Slash, then who is to fault for it?

no one cause Slash has a right to decide when and how he wants to announce it and what info and how much of it he's willing to share imo

• Like 1

Aerosmith's blues cover album, Honkin' on Bobo from like 20 years ago was surprisingly good, so you never know. just not really up there in what I personally want from Slash after so many years of him working only with Myles when it comes to full albums of original Slash compositions.

• Like 3