Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Guess it depends where you are. Still a good deal

I edited my post as shipping went up. Good deal you scored! I might grab it from Amazon.com instead ($40 shipped, doesn't mention it being signed)

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Guessing he cut this before Stevens vocal injury! However it is strange to have him available and not perform on a track vocally too...Steven loves old skool Fleetwood blues....maybe there'll be bonus cuts like last Slash N Friends...

Fun video and track, good vibes!

This kinda project is exactly the type Guns could try...writers block or apathy, Axl? No excuses not to do a TSI2 type...like an influences record as such. Perhaps Slash even suggested this project to redhead? 🤷

"Vocal injury"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Press release (confirmation that Metal Chesnut is an original instrumental):

The album concludes with a soaring original instrumental number, "Metal Chestnut", penned specifically for "Orgy Of The Damned" by Slash.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slashs-orgy-of-the-damned-blues-album-to-feature-brian-johnson-iggy-pop-paul-rodgers-others

Wow! This comment: "an album full of guest appearancers without Dave Grohl And Corey Taylor? I think there must be something wrong"  :lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

There is also a video

Decent video, he spends most of the time here shining the spotlight on everyone else and not himself which is pretty cool

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Decent video, he spends most of them time here shining the spotlight on everyone else and not himself which is pretty cool

I really love Slash's latest releases without GnR and SMKC :D

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I really love Slash's latest releases without GnR and SMKC :D

I know right? Slash has been doing SMKC since I was 16 and I just turned 30. It's so fresh and unusual for me to hear him doing something else lol, he's been doing the same thing literally half my life, I was hoping he was going to do something other than SMKC eventually, so finally we have arrived.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

RS article mentioned that Slash will announce a world tour next week in support of the album. I really hope it's not more Myles....

I like him on one or two songs. (Ides Of March, the song, is pretty good) I didn't like any of the stuff he did on Slash's 2010 solo album. 

15 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

RS article mentioned that Slash will announce a world tour next week in support of the album. I really hope it's not more Myles....

I really appreciate Miles for everything. He was one of my favorites through WoF. I think Slash just got comfortable and enjoys working with SMKC and I can’t fault him for that.

I would love an all new band to shake things up for a blues tour

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I really appreciate Miles for everything. He was one of my favorites through WoF. I think Slash just got comfortable and enjoys working with SMKC and I can’t fault him for that.

I would love an all new band to shake things up for a blues tour

Agreed, his voice is just not my cup of tea. I don't mind it in small doses though. I think it'll just be added dated for their current tour.

I’m actually pretty excited the more I think about it that it’s a covers album. The song list is stellar and based on the first track, it will sound excellent. Recording live with such clarity is a good call for a blues record. Blue and Lonesome by the Stones was recorded that way, too, and it sounds killer.

Plus, there is an original too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Ordered the vinyl and cd, which I haven't done for a Slash album since WOF. The video is cool. Looking forward to this one!

I ordered the signed Vinyl! Last one I bought was the WOF CD.. I got the CD after that for free when I bought my concert tickets, but I never even opened it.. Stoked for this release! I hope there are some live shows to go with it.. I bet he does something but probably just a handful of shows. 

• Like 1