Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

7 hours ago, LandOla said:

Yes!!!

Track 12, Metal chestnut has Axl on it. Fucking finally something else besides Chinese leftovers

There's no confirmation of this other than some dude on Twitter who claims to be an engineer on the album.

14 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Ever seen Duff’s version? It’s really beautifully done.

That's great. GNR should play it with Slash on slide, since he seems to be dipping his toes in that world. 

Skeptical that a song called "Metal Chestnut" would have piano on it, but maybe I'm narrowminded. Could be some major tone shifts during the song I guess! I doubt Axl would even do like a honky-tonk kinda thing. 

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ant000 said:

Skeptical that a song called "Metal Chestnut" would have piano on it, but maybe I'm narrowminded. Could be some major tone shifts during the song I guess! I doubt Axl would even do like a honky-tonk kinda thing. 

how likely is it that it could be the first time we hear Axl play Guitar in a song not live

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This album will be bigger than anything Conspirators. 

I mean SMKC had 8 songs in the top 10 US mainstream rock charts, including 2 that hit #1 and 2 albums that landed in the top 10 of the billboard charts.  

I would be really surprised if an album of blues covers surpassed anything SMKC have accomplished but I would be glad for Slash if it did 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I am so late to this topic so i haven't read the the whole thing, i just hope the album sounds like this:

Ah back when he was playing with more gain instead of the weak tone that he had on the last couple tours.

40 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Oooops - someone announced early. Formal announcement will be in a few hours I bet, 10am or like 11am if I had to place money on it!

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I am so late to this topic so i haven't read the the whole thing, i just hope the album sounds like this:

OMG people clapping out of tempo :unsure:

15 hours ago, Amir said:

Also plays guitar on Look at Your Game, Girl and TWAT. I think the acoustic on TWAT is Axl? Not sure.

No, Axl plays some very faint notes in TWAT. I believe you can hear it better on the RB stems, but it's more noticeable during the part where the backing vocals sing the line alone, before Robin starts his riff: "yeah there was a time.. didn't wanna know it all..."

• Like 1