Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No idea if this is true or bs

Screenshot_20240309-095528.thumb.png.e9690efb212fa2c9c97079b697ce481b.png

Yeah, @kingcanyon posted about this, too.

But it's confirmed (official press release) that the song is an instrumental, so the only way this could be true is if Axl played piano. And unless the person who made the comment is one of the engineers listed in the credits for Killing Floor, they're just trolling.

• Like 1

Guns have released 4 singles in recent years. If Axl was on Slash’s solo album they wouldn’t hide it, there is no reason to. They would be yelling it from the rooftop.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The way he talked about Teddy calling him "a great blues singer" makes me think he might be the vocalist for the tour after all. Just comes across to me that way, I mean..why else would he say that? Just so random to throw out there like that.

8 minutes ago, eggers said:

Guns have released 4 singles in recent years. If Axl was on Slash’s solo album they wouldn’t hide it, there is no reason to. They would be yelling it from the rooftop.

If Axl is only on piano of course he isn't listed, Steven Tyler is not listed either. because he isn't on vocals..so if he's on it, nothings being "hidden". To be fair that guy didn't specify that it would be Axl singing, just that he is on it in some way. It's already confirmed as an instrumental officially. If that dude came out and said Axl SINGS on Metal Chestnut I'd call horseshit right away.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The way he talked about Teddy calling him "a great blues singer" makes me think he might be the vocalist for the tour after all. Just comes across to me that way, I mean..why else would he say that? Just so random to throw out there like that.

God I hope not.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If Axl played piano on one of the tracks, it doesn't make much sense to me that he'd be on an original instrumental and not on one of the covers.

Unless it was worked up as a bluesy jam some soundcheck with Guns...

14 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

I don’t think Aerosmith has had a fruitful writing session in a room together since the Pump era. It is what it is at this point

Yeah, I guess.

To be honest I'd rather have another experimental Steven Tyler-solo record. His country album was really good and I'd love to see what he could come up with if he wouldn't focus on a single genre. I just need to hear that voice again, man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Yeah, I guess.

To be honest I'd rather have another experimental Steven Tyler-solo record. His country album was really good and I'd love to see what he could come up with if he wouldn't focus on a single genre. I just need to hear that voice again, man.

His country album was fantastic. The day he dies is the day rock music dies. sure axl n slash and probably keith richards might still be here, but Tyler epitomises it. He should be cryogenically frozen until they can bring him back to life. 

• Like 3

Not sure if I missed it, but who are the dudes in his band (in the video)? Who's on rhythm guitar? Are they the same on every track? Would they go out on the road?

I wonder how he picked them. 

Killing Floor isn't really my interest, but I liked the video a lot. I want to hear Billy Gibbons, Chris Robinson and Paul Rodgers. Scott Weiland said that the initial VR demos sounded like Bad Company, so it's fun to get that combo :). 

Edited by Ant000

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"To round out his band in the studio and on the road, Slash reunited with two of his bandmates from his BLUES BALL outfit in the '90s, bassist Johnny Griparic and keyboardist Teddy Andreadis, and brought on drummer Michael Jerome and singer/guitarist Tash Neal."

Seems like that will also be the touring lineup, with Tash on vocals.

Thanks that's really cool -- I think that'd be super fresh to see relative to SMKC at this point. Sign me uppppppp. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

You'd think he'd be on a track on the actual album if it was him....plus won't/doesn't he see this as a separate project to Guns and more importantly SMKC

What does Teddy have to do with SMKC?  

Posted this in the "Killing Floor" thread as well, but if anyone was alive or watched "Good Times" back in the late 70's / early 80's, that is where the inspiration of the album cover came from. I haven't seen that artwork in probably 40 years, but it was etched into my brain. Had to do some digging to confirm but if you skip to 2:15 you will see it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No idea if this is true or bs

Screenshot_20240309-095528.thumb.png.e9690efb212fa2c9c97079b697ce481b.png

It would be great, sad and fucking hilarious all at once if a 2024 Slash solo album would be the first combination of Slash guitar and new Axl Vocals since they reunited as Guns n' Roses in 2016. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, username said:

Do you guys think he'll tour this album... with Myles singing all the songs? :wow:

I strongly doubt it, since Myles is not on the album at all (thankfully), nor are any of the other SMKC guys.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, username said:

Do you guys think he'll tour this album... with Myles singing all the songs? :wow:

👇

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"To round out his band in the studio and on the road, Slash reunited with two of his bandmates from his BLUES BALL outfit in the '90s, bassist Johnny Griparic and keyboardist Teddy Andreadis, and brought on drummer Michael Jerome and singer/guitarist Tash Neal."

Seems like that will also be the touring lineup, with Tash on vocals.

• Like 1