Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When I added them to my cart, they said they were signed versions. But my confirmation email just says cd and double vinyl as the formats. Did I just miss out on the signed ones? I don't really care if they're signed or not, just curious...

I saw the email like 40 mins after they went for sale and they were gone already 

Teddy Zig Zag is involved. I fear that he will be the vocalist for the tour. Teh Blues ball was cool and all but he was fucking terrible on vocals.. Please don't fuck this up Slash! lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

RS article mentioned that Slash will announce a world tour next week in support of the album. I really hope it's not more Myles....

This local date near me was posted by the venue. The other "hosts" are Keb Mo and ZZ Ward.  It appears they have since deleted the post. Too late.received_370605452525903.thumb.jpeg.2a261ba9a95e145426668867552ef459.jpeg

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Teddy Zig Zag is involved. I fear that he will be the vocalist for the tour. Teh Blues ball was cool and all but he was fucking terrible on vocals.. Please don't fuck this up Slash! lol

Zero chance he's the singer. See my post above.  I have heard of the names Keb Mo and ZZ Ward. I assume they are the openers of whatever The S.E.R.P.E.N.T. festival is . Also I'm not assuming Myles is the singer this tour just because the venue used a SMKC photo.

Edited by Subtle Signs

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Zero chance he's the singer. See my post above.  I have heard of the names Keb Mo and ZZ Ward. I assume they are the openers of whatever The S.E.R.P.E.N.T. festival is . Also I'm not assuming Myles is the singer this tour just because the venue used a SMKC photo.

Highly doubt it's Myles since this is a different lineup. I've got a feeling it might be the guy from the new band Slash assembled, Tash Neal. He sings the Stevie Wonder cover on the album

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I saw the email like 40 mins after they went for sale and they were gone already 

Yeah same.

Was there a limit on how many you can buy? I hope so as otherwise I reckon people have bought them up in bulk. 

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah same.

Was there a limit on how many you can buy? I hope so as otherwise I reckon people have bought them up in bulk. 

Dont think there was a limit. They should have absolutely done that though. It was gone within a hour from the 10am EST launch (the site was also live around 10 mins before the announcement) 

Also my order confirmation says signed in the description. Got one of each  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Guessing he cut this before Stevens vocal injury! However it is strange to have him available and not perform on a track vocally too...Steven loves old skool Fleetwood blues....maybe there'll be bonus cuts like last Slash N Friends...

I wonder if it's a label issue? That was the case last time, his label wouldn't let him perform on the record. Same sort of thing happened on the Classless Act album, too – Justin Hawkins was able to do a guitar solo, but wasn't allowed to sing on the song he appeared on.

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I know right? Slash has been doing SMKC since I was 16 and I just turned 30.

Damn, that's a horrible thought. I remember Apocalyptic Love like it was yesterday, but I'm about to turn 30. Horrible to see it written on like that 😂

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Dont think there was a limit. They should have absolutely done that though. It was gone within a hour from the 10am EST launch (the site was also live around 10 mins before the announcement) 

Also my order confirmation says signed in the description. Got one of each  

Yeah ridiculous if there wasn't a limit. Just playing right into the hands of profiteers. 

I can see more popping up at some point though, so I'll keep an eye out. 

40 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I wonder if it's a label issue? That was the case last time, his label wouldn't let him perform on the record. Same sort of thing happened on the Classless Act album, too – Justin Hawkins was able to do a guitar solo, but wasn't allowed to sing on the song he appeared on.

Damn, that's a horrible though. I remember Apocalyptic Love like it was yesterday,but I'm about to turn 30. Horrible to see it written on like that 😂

I’m 32… Slash- WoF were huge for me when they came out

This album is the most excited I’ve been for a Slash record since WoF

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Damn, that's a horrible though. I remember Apocalyptic Love like it was yesterday,but I'm about to turn 30. Horrible to see it written on like that 😂

Yea, perhaps....bit crazy when folk like Steven are this long In the tooth....I don't get it though! Stevens solo work isn't ok geffen or anything connect to the Aero world. Wasn't it "Big Machine"? So does his label have problems with features...these days, they're so common, almost every pop single is "with ft." So, I'd expect Tyler at 75, to throw two fingers up at stuff like, if he wants to do it ...

13 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Steven Tyler sounded ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE on Dolly Parton's most recent album. I'm a bit sad we don't get to hear him on any records anymore.

I don’t think Aerosmith has had a fruitful writing session in a room together since the Pump era. It is what it is at this point

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah we'll see. I have tickets for the Newark show but I don't have high hopes at this point 

Have faith...he's been outta action many times and always finds a way back....for what he's put his body thro, he's pretty fit for coming on 80! May have to put more gaps in but he'll complete the tour! 

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Steven Tyler sounded ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE on Dolly Parton's most recent album. I'm a bit sad we don't get to hear him on any records anymore.

Agreed. That record had some great surprises on it....her version of Purple Rain actually may be one of thee best Prince covers ever! Especially with that song...she doesn't do half measures, Dolly! Full 8 minute soaring Verizon....

10 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Have faith...he's been outta action many times and always finds a way back....for what he's put his body thro, he's pretty fit for coming on 80! May have to put more gaps in but he'll complete the tour! 

You are very optimistic. Aerosmith are my favorite band but they haven't even been able to complete a Vegas residency as of late.. I admire your faith and do hope you are correct..

Now back to Slash! This album and tour should be a blast!

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

This local date near me was posted by the venue. The other "hosts" are Keb Mo and ZZ Ward.  It appears they have since deleted the post. Too late.received_370605452525903.thumb.jpeg.2a261ba9a95e145426668867552ef459.jpeg

Cool to see at least one festival or tour date has already come about. Can't wait for more to show up. Bring on the blues Slash!

• Like 1