Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Kind of disappointing that it's just covers.

want a brand new Slash album? either it comes with Myles as the singer or it's all covers. honestly, I'm extremely disappointed. This was one of my most anticipated upcoming releases and even without hearing a lick of it, it would be much easier now to wait for its release for me.

jumping the gun somewhat though. could still be something cool that I would listen to on a regular basis anyway, but now I know it's a very different product and I think a lot of Slash fans wanted something else.

just specualtion, but maybe Slash figured it was time to spice shit up a little after 4 Conspirators records so this was a low effort way for him to do something he was into while having no intention to end the Conspirators.

• Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Anyone verified the info? I mean, how reliable is this Slashfrance forum and why, out of all people, are they the ones in the know? 

they were right in the past about a bunch of Slash related shit if I'm not mistaken

I like the idea of a blues covers album, so I'm not disappointed . A couple of months ago Slash described it (without mentioning it would be covers) as mainly blues, with some old school rock 'n' roll and R'n'B.

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I couldn't care less who wrote what, I want to see who played and sings on the songs, goddamn it. The ACDC connection is exciting, must be either Angus or Brian then, or a cover of The Jack or Ride On which would be cool too. Imagine Axl and Angus on the same track.

My guess is that it's Brian.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

At least there’s a chance for an Axl appearance now that it’s a cover album. Not directly blues but Witchita would fit imo.

I don't think Wichita would fit, as it's a more country-crooner song. I'd love a GN'R studio version of it at some point, though. And I hope Axl is on one of the covers of blues classics, although he most likely won't be.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

they were right in the past about a bunch of Slash related shit if I'm not mistaken

Ok but so were we about Guns, and then there were a lot of rumours that didn't come true. Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

All I know is I don't know. :) 

It's still gonna be great, though, but yeah, I'd prefer his own material too. 

sometimes you can read between the lines, and Slash2Baz used to post here too with a lot of info that turned out to be true. he's like one of those rare cases of a super Slash fan insider guy. 

I hope it's going to be great, time will tell.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

If it’s legit (and it should be) then we can expect some guitar duets with Billy Gibbons and Gary Clarke Jr. maybe

How is it?

Sorry, edited my post. But its super old school blues. Like, youd hear it at an old bar. But its fun and upbeat. Doesnt strike me as very slash-y or brian johnson (surely not the ac/dc brian) but quite enjoyable!

Edited by Sonicjam