Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Can't get over the song, I know it's a cover but I find it very refreshing how different it sounds and pull away from the traditional Slash sound/tone as well as Johnsons vocal performance. The licks, vocals and Steven harmonica mix well together. 

I play the song on Amazon music and really like the booty twerking animation 🤣

Overall excited for the album. I'm not too familiar with blues but I keep playing Killing Floor and Black Betty (Metal Church cover) back to back. 

This song instantly made me think of this Black Betty cover.

2 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

Can't get over the song, I know it's a cover but I find it very refreshing how different it sounds and pull away from the traditional Slash sound/tone as well as Johnsons vocal performance. The licks, vocals and Steven harmonica mix well together. 

I play the song on Amazon music and really like the booty twerking animation 🤣

Overall excited for the album. I'm not too familiar with blues but I keep playing Killing Floor and Black Betty (Metal Church cover) back to back. 

This song instantly made me think of this Black Betty cover.

Your black betty cover made me go back to listening to Spiderbaits version lol 

11 minutes ago, Ant000 said:

I’ll be bummed if it’s just like the 12-15 obvious US cities.

Blues Ball played clubs, wonder what venue size it’ll be. 

I hope they play Vancouver, but I'd travel to Seattle to see Slash playing a set of blues covers in a bar or theatre. The Showbox would be a killer place to see him, holds just under 1200 people. I saw Buckethead there years ago, it's a cool venue.

2 hours ago, Ant000 said:

My guess is that is what it will initially be.  I also thing that this album could end up being a bit of a commercial success which could lead to more shows.  

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd travel to Seattle to see Slash playing a set of blues covers in a bar or theatre. 

Same. It is pretty much guaranteed they will play the House of Blues Boston, but I will travel to see another show or two if possible.

• Like 1

Since only the vocalists of the songs are credited on the feature list I wonder if anyone else is on the instrumental with him, like another guitarist. Would seem strange to me, to have an album full of guests on all songs and leave one out.

I'm gonna throw out a wild guess and say that Zakk Wylde is trading solos with Slash on Metal Chestnut. How awesome would that be?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

20 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm gonna throw out a wild guess and say that Zakk Wylde is trading solos with Slash on Metal Chestnut. How awesome would that be?

that would be Wylde. maybe too Wylde.

15 hours ago, Ant000 said:

It probably isn't just from the venue I posted that leaked. Lewiston,NY is still a good half hour from Buffalo, NY.  So that's definitely not an obvious city even though Buffalo is the second biggest city in New York State. The venue depending on what portion it's held in can hold upwards of 10,000 people or around 2 ,500/4,500(if the lawn is open for the smaller stage )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_W._Brydges_Artpark_State_Park

I don't think a tour like this with Keb Mo and ZZ Ward as openers (assuming the "hosts" for the leaked show are correct) will exactly play obscure places so I'd guess all the usual big cities will be included along with some places like Lewiston. Unless Keb Mo and ZZ Ward are bigger openers than I thought.

Edited by Subtle Signs

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hope they play Vancouver, but I'd travel to Seattle to see Slash playing a set of blues covers in a bar or theatre. The Showbox would be a killer place to see him, holds just under 1200 people. I saw Buckethead there years ago, it's a cool venue.

Hopefully The Commodore — saw the self-titled show there in… 2010? So good! Better vibe than Queen E… or the Hard Rock, bleh :) 

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Since only the vocalists of the songs are credited on the feature list I wonder if anyone else is on the instrumental with him, like another guitarist. Would seem strange to me, to have an album full of guests on all songs and leave one out.

Wylde ruined SMKC's blues Jam in Argentina in 2012 or 2013, his solos were shredawful. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Wylde ruined SMKC's blues Jam in Argentina in 2012 or 2013, his solos were shredawful. 

I guess playing live is different to playing in the studio for many players, look at how Slashs playing deteriorated into the same mess within the last 2 or 3 years, but on this new studio recording he played way more focused compared to his live solos. Zakk is the same, these guys just get caught up in the live energy or something, I can't explain it really.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

JW refused to sing for Slash’s first record. I doubt he got asked a second time.

I wasn't aware. Is there a backstory? I remember Axl attended one of JWs shows back around 2012 or so.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I wasn't aware. Is there a backstory? I remember Axl attended one of JWs shows back around 2012 or so.

Nothing special or personal. Slash asked him to lay down some vocals for Watch This. White offered him to play guitar instead because he preferred to sing only his own songs, or on his own records, or something like this. So they ended up not collaborating and Slash sent the demo to Dave Grohl who then played drums. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ant000 said:

Hopefully The Commodore — saw the self-titled show there in… 2010? So good! Better vibe than Queen E… or the Hard Rock, bleh :) 

Yea, the Commodore is way better than a venue like the Queen E.

Doubt he'd ever play Victoria, but the Royal Theatre would be a sick place to see him... it's about half the size of Queen E but it's a way nicer venue.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

On 3/8/2024 at 9:48 PM, colonizedmind said:

Have faith...he's been outta action many times and always finds a way back....for what he's put his body thro, he's pretty fit for coming on 80! May have to put more gaps in but he'll complete the tour! 

Ya know I was thinking. If Slash is touring without the conspirators and is just going to tour on this album I wonder if he is going to be playing these shows as a support act. 

What if he is going to replace the black crows on the Aerosmith run since they are doing their own tours now

There are rumors of the rescheduled shows being announced soon and I found it weird slash didn't announce the tour dates along side of the album

Edited by Bitchisback

13 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Ya know I was thinking. If Slash is touring without the conspirators and is just going to tour on this album I wonder if he is going to be playing these shows as a support act. 

What if he is going to replace the black crows on the Aerosmith run since they are doing their own tours now

There are rumors of the rescheduled shows being announced soon and I found it weird slash didn't announce the tour dates along side of the album

That would be great!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That would be great!

I’d like to see him in a smaller venue as the main act tbh. Supporting Aerosmith means playing in front of empty stadiums by daylight like Lenny Kravitz did during some of the reunion shows. IDK… I don’t even know if he should play festivals with a blues set like this. I guess I should wait for the album to build an opinion.

55 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Nothing special or personal. Slash asked him to lay down some vocals for Watch This. White offered him to play guitar instead because he preferred to sing only his own songs, or on his own records, or something like this. So they ended up not collaborating and Slash sent the demo to Dave Grohl who then played drums. 

Watch This Dave (what it's mis-labelled as in Canada) is a great track! I'm glad it doesn't have vocals.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It was Dave who refused to sing. Have never heard of Jack White refusing to also sing for that same song. Maybe you got it mixed up?

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It was Dave who refused to sing. Have never heard of Jack White refusing to also sing for that same song. Maybe you got it mixed up?

Slash mentioned Jack White not wanting to sing, but not what the song was:

Slash: I wanted to get Jack White to sing on something, but he didn't want to sing. He said I'll play drums, I'll play guitar, but I don't wanna sing. He was one guy that I wanted to work with. Pretty much everyone else that I went after I managed to get. [ Music Radar, November 4, 2009]

2007-2010: SLASH THE SOLO RECORD AND TOUR (The History Of GN'R As Told By GN'R - a-4-d.com)