Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Personally, I can't see it, looking at the band and the other acts on. 

I don't think people want/expect GNR really- they don't get it with SMKC especially (he does one GNR song) and this does seem to be going down a very different route.

If people want GNR or SMKC, those things are out there touring frequently so I'd imagine he's going to see this as a chance to move away from all that stuff entirely.

Will be interesting to see what he does, for sure though! I'm wondering if with the whole 'festival' thing Slash's set may be shorter than it would be regularly. 

Envious of people getting to go to this! 

I can see Neither Can I, which he played in the Slashs Blues Ball set before, and Ain't Life Grand (which is pretty much a blues song also) in the set. Anything else is wishful thinking I believe, it'll be all blues covers similar to his Blues Ball setlist.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

Got tix for the very last show in Grand Prairie, TX. The ticket booking website (AXS) was a pain, though. Didn't let me view or choose available seats and just assigned me something random based on price level after I had completed the purchase. Ended up getting tickets in the first section in the rightmost side but I guess it's alright because right is where Slash usually stands anyway! 

Edit: Just realized the desktop version of the website actually shows you the seat you're going to get before buying, unlike the mobile version that I used. But you still can't select them manually. :facepalm:

Edited by 22frets

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm wondering if with the whole 'festival' thing Slash's set may be shorter than it would be regularly. 

Envious of people getting to go to this! 

I'm not too sure. There are 3 bands playing before slash at the Bethlehem show and the show starts at 615. So if the 3 bands take 3 hours with setup Slash would come on around 915 and play for like an hour and 45 mins.  I wonder if Slash might rearrange some GnR songs into a more bluesy style 🤔🤔

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I looked at getting tickets during the presale and only a handful of tickets were sold so I'll just grab them later tonight lol 

I ended up getting my tickets for Bethlehem. Paid a little more than I would like but the venue is like 15 mins from my house and I don't get a lot of good concerts around here.  Really excited to go to this show.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Did we have all those snippets before? 

Really liked the Chris Robinson track, though it sounds a lot like Black Crowes (which I like anyways).

Watched this for the first time now. Fuck off, that sounds very promising. Can’t fucking wait :drool:

• GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

New interview with Slash. Talks about the album and the performance at the Oskars. Says the blues album is irrelevant to the SMKC tour (so he won't be performing any of the songs on the European SKMC tour):

https://www.loudersound.com/features/slash-orgy-of-the-damned-interview

Thanks for posting. I guess we have to wait for another interview where he gets asked if he still plans to tour the record outside of the US.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:03 AM, Blackstar said:

New interview with Slash. Talks about the album and the performance at the Oskars. Says the blues album is irrelevant to the SMKC tour (so he won't be performing any of the songs on the European SKMC tour):

https://www.loudersound.com/features/slash-orgy-of-the-damned-interview

Slash seems to really like and respect Gary Clark Jr as a player. maybe there will be more collaborations in the future, I can see that happening.

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Agree, but he is no magician. You have to give him something to work with.

Agreed. Hard Skool would have benefited greatly from being completely re-recorded under Clink’s watch. Not sure what he could have done with the two shitty songs, Absurd and The General. 

What are the chances???

Monstrous Black Crowes fan here & of all the songs in all the world...Chris Robinson & Slash cover The Pusher 🫤

Blind Melon already does my all-time favorite version. It will not be topped. 

Slash & Chris Robinson are still going strong. Make some original material & tour please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nugdafied said:

What are the chances???

Monstrous Black Crowes fan here & of all the songs in all the world...Chris Robinson & Slash cover The Pusher 🫤

Slash & Chris Robinson are still going strong. Make some original material & tour please.

Everything taste and opinions but really? Blind Melons version over Steppenwolfs? Not for me…

39 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Everything taste and opinions but really? Blind Melons version over Steppenwolfs? Not for me…

I meant as far as cover versions. Steppenwolf's original is clearly amazing & real.

I think I just got disappointed because I knew something was up when Robinson & Slash were hanging out at the CMAs. Was expecting the greatest song ever made lol...It's like I already know what The Pusher from them will sound like. It's just some oddly specific thing to me that I already know too well. 

The Killing Floor is great though. Can't stop listening to it 

Edited by nugdafied
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, nugdafied said:

I meant as far as cover versions. Steppenwolf's original is clearly amazing & real.

I think I just got disappointed because I knew something was up when Robinson & Slash were hanging out at the CMAs. Was expecting the greatest song ever made lol...It's like I already know what The Pusher from them will sound like. It's just some oddly specific thing to me that I already know too well. 

The Killing Floor is great though. Can't stop listening to it 

I think there’s so much room to jam on, when looking on the run time of the songs. We‘re gonna see.

3 hours ago, nugdafied said:

What are the chances???

The Black Crows have a brand new album and tour this year. Love that band 

10 hours ago, nugdafied said:

That snippet sounds so exciting. I like Happiness Bastards, but the production on this song sounds way better than that album. 

Slash should just join the Crowes at this point, though. Why the f not lol. Do an album and tour like they did with Jimmy Page. Slash in a stonesy context is way preferable to me than the quasi-metal shit he indulges sometimes (a pipe-dream, of course).

Edited by Ant000

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I've decided to not listen to these snippets but I hope there will be a second single before release.

Listen to‘em, listen to‘em, listen to‘em. These are like 10 sec snippets. Just a little teaser. A small fortaste of a few songs. Not of all of them

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I've decided to not listen to these snippets but I hope there will be a second single before release.

don't do it! it will ruin the surprise, even a snippet.