Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

49 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

im in australia and cant seem to find it on itunes, spotify or youtube music. Are we sure its out here? Haha

It now appears to have been removed. I was streaming it via Apple Music, and it’s no longer available to stream. My guess is it was accidentally unlocked for streaming in Australia (though I don’t know why), but it’s since been removed.

It'll probably be out on Friday for everyone I guess. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

It now appears to have been removed. I was streaming it via Apple Music, and it’s no longer available to stream. My guess is it was accidentally unlocked for streaming in Australia (though I don’t know why), but it’s since been removed.

It'll probably be out on Friday for everyone I guess. 

Ahhh gotchya. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I can't. 

Of course you can. Regardless of the truth. It doesn’t affect anybody’s opinion on this topic. I’m sure there are people who love the original and are happy about a new rendition of the same song.

21 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Of course you can. Regardless of the truth. It doesn’t affect anybody’s opinion on this topic. I’m sure there are people who love the original and are happy about a new rendition of the same song.

But I can't say that all the originals are better than Slash's cover versions. In my opinion a cover can be better than an original. I don't know what the case is with this album until I have actually heard the songs. So I simply can't say it. But I can say that a cover of Oh Well will never be better than the original of that song, to me, because it has a very special place in my heart that transcends most of the criteria for which we enjoy music. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Stoked for this one.

And it's such a minor thing... but the text being off-center on the artwork is annoying the shit out of me. :lol:

GKvV6MYbYAQ73SD?format=jpg&name=large

You're perfectionist.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Oh god, it's the pixelated covers of Perhaps all over again!

Yes, I'm afraid this mistake has ruined any potential enjoyment I may have gotten from the song. I'll complain about it endlessly now. The important question is: are there any vocals that were recorded within the last two decades? :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Rumor has it these songs were all written over 40 years ago. Friggin' Axl, man...

That lazy son of a bitch, I bet he gets Caram to brickwall the songs at the last minute too. Thankfully Buckethead is constantly releasing music with good mixes and without clipping.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

You can sign up now on his instagram to hear a clip of Oh Well. Sounds pretty cool

There was an even longer snippet posted before:

On 4/8/2024 at 7:18 AM, Ant000 said:

let's go let's go let's go (has this been posted? extended snippet)

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 8:21 PM, Rovim said:

Kirk basically wants to have sex with it. it's adorable and he actually plays it live instead of it gathering dust. It's a beautiful thing even if you're not into Metallica. 

or even very good ;)

I saw Kirk play it at the Jeff Beck tribute shows last year. One he finished with it, he tossed it to his tech like it wasn't a $2 million instrument!

Still, it's awesome it's being used live though! A little less awesome he's engraved his initials into it...

Anyway, Chris Stapleton's the musical guest on SNL this weekend. Shame Slash isn't available

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

I saw Kirk play it at the Jeff Beck tribute shows last year. One he finished with it, he tossed it to his tech like it wasn't a $2 million instrument!

Still, it's awesome it's being used live though! A little less awesome he's engraved his initials into it...

Anyway, Chris Stapleton's the musical guest on SNL this weekend. Shame Slash isn't available

the guitar is a piece of history and a fine instrument, but it's not worth 2 mill. not even close to 1, but I can see how maybe in the future the value would be closer to these high numbers.

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

the guitar is a piece of history and a fine instrument, but it's not worth 2 mill. not even close to 1, but I can see how maybe in the future the value would be closer to these high numbers.

That's the reported value/asking price and has been for some time 🤷‍♂️ Although Hammett claims to have paid a bit under that

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

That's the reported value/asking price and has been for some time 🤷‍♂️ Although Hammett claims to have paid a bit under that

Kirk said it was worth significantly less than 1 mil. early reports about the value were wrong I think.