Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

I didn't realize the bassist was from Snakepit II and Blues ball. Pretty cool. Blues totally snuck by me when it happened somehow.  I was in the NAVY with no internet back then. Not sure how, I mean I followed and saw the first Snakepit during those years.. Pawnshop guitars, Neurotic Outsiders.. Bought every magazine looking for any news Gn'R.. Maybe I was on deployment or something when it took place. Well about 40 years later, I get to see something pretty damn close!

Super stoked for the Pusher.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I suppose it will be this sort of stuff?

I kinda hope so.

Gotta think this band will do some late night shows before the tour starts, too. I'm looking forward to hearing Living For The City, and Tash's take on some of the other songs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I suppose it will be this sort of stuff?

Can't wait to get home and watch this. I love that song.. Never knew Slash covered it.. On a side note, there is one of Duff's new songs that sounds a lot like Jigsaw Puzzle...  Chip Away maybe? Duff's stuff is a bit hard for me to digest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Never understood why people preferred Rod Jackson

I saw that version of Beggars Eric and Slash did on the Howard Stern show, it sounded like he was about to die singing it, they even commented on it after they were done :D

i think that's the main reason a lot of people didn't enjoy his approach that much.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I saw that version of Beggars Eric and Slash did on the Howard Stern show, it sounded like he was about to die singing it, they even commented on it after they were done :D

i think that's the main reason a lot of people didn't enjoy his approach that much.

He’s really into it and I think his voice is more natural than Rods. That said, I appreciate Jackson as well. I just prefer the first Snakepit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

New interview a bit focused on the guitar gear, but not so much. He restated that GNR would be working on a new record.

Wow, Ola is doing good with his show.

Looking forward to this one, thanks for the tip!

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Never understood why people preferred Rod Jackson

Same.. I always thought the first album was far superior overall.  I am not in love with either singer, but I liked Eric a lot more than Rod. 

• Like 3

I was gonna say, if you’re listening between the lines this blues record is a one off thing but then at the end of this interview with Ola he mentioned that he might do another one with original material. That would be huge. What I dislike is that Teddy’s also singing on this tour. Slash even considered him as the lead singer for the whole blues record until he fortunately came up with the idea of using different singers again. 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I was gonna say, if you’re listening between the lines this blues record is a one off thing but then at the end of this interview with Ola he mentioned that he might do another one with original material. That would be huge. What I dislike is that Teddy’s also singing on this tour. Slash even considered him as the lead singer for the whole blues record until he fortunately came up with the idea of using different singers again. 

He already said that in the magazine article Blackstar posted in the thread earlier

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

New interview a bit focused on the guitar gear, but not so much. He restated that GNR would be working on a new record.

He also nodded to Guns and Conspirators material in that random German interview last week too...something will come, ONE OF THESE FUCKING days!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, Voodoochild said:

He was a busy boy in lockdown! Like how he remembered at the end to mention, working on the "Axl songs"...so if I'm the interviewer I'm like....Cool that was memorable enough to remember for you ...what haven't we heard damnit???

His voice lowered when he mentioned (almost under his breath) that he wanted to get a new Guns record out....so my thinking - Slash will be talking new music with Axl and if the vibe (and let's face it, Axl is pretty to the point) was FUCK NO....he wouldn't, even unprompted like here, still mention it as a thing on his list to tick off....

However, ladies and gents, time is of the essence! Will they live long enough to make that record? Or will us and A.I do it instead? 🤔

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1