Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

What do you think? Is it as promising as the snippet?

6 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Do you like it? 

Yes its great. Both songs sound better than any of the reunion gnr songs. Mixing, production, everything.

I prefer Oh Well so far.

(Slashs band is also really on point). 

His sounding more of the old Slash too. Hyped for the album

Edited by vloors
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Looks like Slash really reached into his hat and pulled out a completely fresh style of playing with this album. I've listened to almost every song Slash has put out and his playing on Oh Well is unlike anything I've heard him do before.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, 22frets said:

Looks like Slash really reached into his hat and pulled out a completely fresh style of playing with this album. I've listened to almost every song Slash has put out and his playing on Oh Well is unlike anything I've heard him do before.

Both the singles he's released so far have been a refreshing change of pace, from the production to his style of playing to the band he's assembled. The singers have been at least on par with his 2010 album... this might really be his best album in decades.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Naupis said:

The production value on both songs we have heard so far is orders of magnitude better than anything I have heard from Slash since WOF or from GNR since the early 90's.

I wish someone could get Axl locked in a room and force him to listen to how well produced this new Slash stuff is and ask him how on earth he isn't ashamed to put the GNR name on the last batch of songs they have been releasing.

Kudos to Slash on this project though as it feels fresh and dynamic despite being an album of cover songs. He clearly didn't mail it in and just slap his name on it as something to release to keep his name out there.

I think my favorite thing about him is that regardless of what genre he is playing he manages to kind of fit in yet still sounds like himself and how you expect Slash to sound. When he played with Michael Jackson even I marveled at that how it was still clearly Slash but not Slash at all if that makes sense.

I think he could make a killer southern rock style album with a guy like Chris Stapleton based on how good this song sounds.

Post of the year and I love every sentence!

Edit: I'm sure Axl will listen to it but we'll never know what's going on in his head and heart. There's at least a tiny chance that this will wake him up a little.

Edited by El Guapo

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Edit: I'm sure Axl will listen to it but we'll never know what's going on in his head and heart. There's at least a tiny chance that this will wake him up a little.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway... Axl's window is gone.. His voice is gone.. They may have been able to do something decent 8 years ago but that ship has sailed.. Not to mention the drummer situation.. Guns n' Roses will never release a good song again..   

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It doesn't matter anymore anyway... Axl's window is gone.. His voice is gone.. They may have been able to do something decent 8 years ago but that ship has sailed.. Not to mention the drummer situation.. Guns n' Roses will never release a good song again..   

The cold, hard truth is not something I'm interested in right now, Covid made a glorious comeback in my house. XD

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The drummer situation can be solved, Bring Brent fitz in and it wil be great !! Last tuesday went to the Conspirators in Amsterdam, Brent is the un sung hero of the band !! Damn he is realy good !!! It was one of best gigs if seen from the Conspirators. 

Axl can still sound good in a studio, live is a different story...........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

The cold, hard truth is not something I'm interested in right now, Covid made a glorious comeback in my house. XD

Same.. I have very little interest in what Gn'R do anymore. They could hang it up tomorrow and it would probably be for the better.. I'll still go see them live for nostalgia purposes and to see Slash play the classics live but if I had a chance to see this tour over Guns, I would choose this one... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sad but true

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This is part of why I'd love to hear them do another covers record. Yes, it's stupid for a band with such a small discography to do multiple covers albums. But there's no indication they'd use Frank in the studio, and Axl could still sound great on Wichita and The Seeker... not to mention some covers of Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, The Angels, etc.

Honestly when I saw them in 2017, I Feel Good and Wichita were some of their best songs. They were clearly having fun and sounding good doing it. Wichita is still one of the best songs they play... take the pressure off Axl and let him have fun with classic rock songs, get Brain (or Josh, or any pro session drummer really) and I think they'd knock it out of the park.

That said, Monsters is great, so much better than the other singles... so they'll release at least one last good song :P

• Like 1