Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

1 hour ago, Illusion1987 said:

Sorry, if I'm late but do we have a list of the songs on the album with the guest vocalists?

We do:

On 3/7/2024 at 11:43 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Apparently this comes from the Australian iTunes Store:

Slash’s Orgy of the Damned out May 17th
1. The Pusher (feat. Chris Robinson)
2. Crossroads (feat. Gary Clark Jr.)
3. Hoochie Coochie Man (feat. Billy Gibbons)
4. Oh Well (feat. Chris Stapleton)
5. Key to the Highway (feat. Dorothy)
6. Awful Dream (feat. Iggy Pop)
7. Born Under a Bad Sign (feat. Paul Rodgers)
8. Papa Was a Rolling Stone (feat. Demi Lovato)
9. Killing Floor (feat. Brian Johnson)
10. Living for the City (feat. Tash Neal)
11. Stormy Day (feat. Beth Hart)
12. Metal Chesnut

“Killing Floor” is the first single. Must be awkward for Axl to see Slash collab with the guy he replaced in acdc lol.

• Thanks 1

I liked Killing Floor. I'm excited for this album! :dance:

On 3/30/2024 at 2:31 AM, Free Bird said:

There’s a runtime of 69:39min for 12 tracks. If you don’t count the instrumental there is still 66:38 min of music. That’s an average of over 6 min. per song. 

especially when you mention the songs are on the longer side :D rock3

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I liked Killing Floor. I'm excited for this album! :dance:

especially when you mention the songs are on the longer side :D rock3

Yeah most of the songs are longer than its original 

• Like 1

Anybody knows Dorothy? I’m not familiar with their/her songs but there’s a Slash guest appearance in the Troubadour on Gifts From The Holy Ghost. Not bad. I also like the studio version. Here’s the song with Slash

I don’t know the song she sings on Slash’s album either so I have no idea what to expect.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Anybody knows Dorothy? I’m not familiar with their/her songs but there’s a Slash guest appearance in the Troubadour on Gifts From The Holy Ghost. Not bad. I also like the studio version. Here’s the song with Slash

I don’t know the song she sings on Slash’s album either so I have no idea what to expect.

Yeah Dorothy is a great singer and puts on a good show. The other guitarist in that video is a good friend of mine.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wow, I actually liked that a lot.. Pretty bad ass.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes

Thought so. I have seen him play with them a couple of times. Once just a few weeks ago on the MORC cruise.  He is pretty solid.. Was just checking her wiki page and doesn't look like he plays on the record? Is that accurate?

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Thought so. I have seen him play with them a couple of times. Once just a few weeks ago on the MORC cruise.  He is pretty solid.. Was just checking her wiki page and doesn't look like he plays on the record? Is that accurate?

Which record, the most recent one?

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Which record, the most recent one?

Yeah. Looks like he joined after it was recorded. Thats the way wiki makes it look anyway. I don't want to derail the thread though. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah. Looks like he joined after it was recorded. Thats the way wiki makes it look anyway. I don't want to derail the thread though. 

No, he (and the rest of her current band) were with her in 2021 but they didn't all play on the album. He plays on the song Made to Die; I don't think he's on any of the others. Her live drummer and bass player are on a few songs also. The songs on the album were recorded at different times during the pandemic into 2021 or so, so there's different players all over the album (and a few different producers). Trev Lukather produced and played on a few songs, Phil X plays on at least one, etc. 

She's working on a new album now and he told me that he's recording on that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Faster Pussycat are excellent. Saw them in 2017. I wish they'd put out another album. I liked their single NOLA from a couple of years back too. 🤘😎

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sploit said:

Faster Pussycat are excellent. Saw them in 2017. I wish they'd put out another album. I liked their single NOLA from a couple of years back too. 🤘😎

They've put out a couple others since then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

She has a fantastic  voice!!  I have  started to listen to her. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They've put out a couple others since then.

Yeah I think Pirate Love was a B-Side to both NOLA and Like A Ghost.

But NOLA is definitely my fave track of the three.

I had their older albums on Vinyl and Power And The Glory Hole on CD, but recently I got their older stuff in a CD box set too.

Their 2009 live album is good too. 😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I saw Dorothy live a couple years back and she puts on a great show and can really sing.  Unfortunately she is an unbearable follow on social media and crazy religious to the point where she has stopped shows to rid audience members of evil spirits lol

Https://youtu.be/xlJaivcBb38?si=bANU003OVIjTbLYQ

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah Dorothy is a great singer and puts on a good show. The other guitarist in that video is a good friend of mine.

He seems heavy influenced by Slash and Perry 😄

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I saw Dorothy live a couple years back and she puts on a great show and can really sing.  Unfortunately she is an unbearable follow on social media and crazy religious to the point where she has stopped shows to rid audience members of evil spirits lol

Yeah she's really gone off the deep end in the last couple years. Honestly the only reason that I'm still interested and go to her shows is because of my friend.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

He seems heavy influenced by Slash and Perry 😄

Yeah he is.

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Yikes :blink:

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

she seems mentally ill, not trying to be an asshole. honestly, I would dislike it if I was in the crowd and someone was doing that shit onstage.

• Like 3