Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

22 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Everything taste and opinions but really? Blind Melons version over Steppenwolfs? Not for me…

I fucking Love Blind Melon's version.. Not sure if I like it better than the original or not.. They ar almost like two different songs really. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Nice thing about music is, you don’t have to choose. You can listen to more than one version. Killing Floor is the best example. I read many comments saying we don’t need another version of the song, because Jimi Hendrix version will not be topped. I don’t care really. I can listen to Hendrix version, to the Lemon song and I can listen to the new version without a problem. I can prefer the one over the other and still listen to all of them.

and if you're a hardcore Slash fan it's always nice to hear the Slash flavor on anything really

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anyone have a sharable link for that preview? I don't have twitter and want to send it to someone. 

Is it one of those guys you send the latest GNR releases, which he didn’t like?

What about this?

one thing though, Chris Robinson still sounds like a powerhouse of bluesy singing and his voice sounds like a perfect fit for Slash. the roundness of the production with the punch from mike clink makes it sounds like a million dollars. and it's a cover. Slash does throw curve balls sometimes, I think The Pusher will sound brilliant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

one thing though, Chris Robinson still sounds like a powerhouse of bluesy singing and his voice sounds like a perfect fit for Slash. the roundness of the production with the punch from mike clink makes it sounds like a million dollars. and it's a cover. Slash does throw curve balls sometimes, I think The Pusher will sound brilliant.

It sounds very promising but I’m afraid of to high expectations. That often leads to a disappointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It sounds very promising but I’m afraid of to high expectations. That often leads to a disappointment.

that particular track he sang his ass off from the snippet, it's fun to finally hear it in a couple of months anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

that particular track he sang his ass off from the snippet, it's fun to finally hear it in a couple of months anyway

Yeah, that snippet sounds awesome.

Do you remember VR covering Pink Floyd‘s Money? That started awesome too but that jam afterwards was not that good imo. I really hope for great instrumental parts apart from the song performance itself.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Is it one of those guys you send the latest GNR releases, which he didn’t like?

What about this?

I was sending to my cousin who is a big Black Crowes fan so he could hear the clip of the Pusher.  He is also a fan of Slash and some other artists on the album so he is looking forward to it and going to the show.  In general, I have heard nothing but positive reactions to Killing Floor though.. Aside from one friend who thought Hardschool was pretty good, I haven't heard anything positive on the GnR relesases outside of this board. I really haven't heard much interest in those songs at all tbh..

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Yeah, that snippet sounds awesome.

Do you remember VR covering Pink Floyd‘s Money? That started awesome too but that jam afterwards was not that good imo. I really hope for great instrumental parts apart from the song performance itself.

I loved that Jam! hahah

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was sending to my cousin who is a big Black Crowes fan so he could hear the clip of the Pusher.  He is also a fan of Slash and some other artists on the album so he is looking forward to it and going to the show.  In general, I have heard nothing but positive reactions to Killing Floor though.. Aside from one friend who thought Hardschool was pretty good, I haven't heard anything positive on the GnR relesases outside of this board. I really haven't heard much interest in those songs at all tbh..

I loved that Jam! hahah

It has its moments but it goes nowhere with the guitars to low in the mix iirc…  but I‘m pretty sure there will be some gems on the new one.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I loved that Jam! hahah

I guess people just hear/ feel these GnR singles are somehow off/ unnatural and simply don't sound very good. The General is just ridiculous, I expected more (negative) reactions, but not many people give a fuck at all at this point if the product is of this quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I guess people just hear/ feel these GnR singles are somehow off/ unnatural and simply don't sound very good. The General is just ridiculous, I expected more (negative) reactions, but not many people give a fuck at all at this point if the product is of this quality.

To be fair, when anyone on the board states their opinion that the new singles are of lesser quality than anything Guns previously officially released, you get the same couple of posters who attempt to rationalize their Axl nut-swinging with long winded posts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I loved that Jam! hahah

As someone who is gladly taking the Chinese leftovers, there is virtually no interest in those songs outside the diehard community. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

The new Black Crowes album kicks ass, Chris definitely still has the goods vocally, he sounds the same as he always has.  This was one of the tracks I was most curious to hear when the guest appearances were announced

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The new Black Crowes album kicks ass, Chris definitely still has the goods vocally, he sounds the same as he always has.  This was one of the tracks I was most curious to hear when the guest appearances were announced

thanks, I'll give it a listen. yeah it sounds great with Slash in the snippet.