Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What? :o I was not aware of that. I had to google it. Crazy indeed.

Yeah, and before that it was on Thin Lizzy with Gary Moore (and in his solo career). It's an awesome piece of history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, and before that it was on Thin Lizzy with Gary Moore (and in his solo career). It's an awesome piece of history.

I know, I just read the Wikipedia article on it :) 

A magnificent guitar in magnificent hands. Peter Green will always be my favorite when it comes to tone. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

A magnificent guitar in magnificent hands. Peter Green will always be my favorite when it comes to tone. 

I def prefer Gary Moore. This is unbelievably good. 

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah because he has a real producer on this album (Clink), not a wannabe no name (Caram).

There's some no names that are good. :awesomeface:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

:hug:

Kirk basically wants to have sex with it. it's adorable and he actually plays it live instead of it gathering dust. It's a beautiful thing even if you're not into Metallica. 

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I def prefer Gary Moore. This is unbelievably good. 

There's some no names that are good. :awesomeface:

or even very good ;)

• Like 1

have you heard Greeny doing the B.B. King cover "I've got a good mind to give up living"? there's a 4 minute solo there and nothing else even came close to sounding like that. a lesson in how to make a guitar cry.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Kirk basically wants to have sex with it. it's adorable and he actually plays it live instead of it gathering dust. It's a beautiful thing even if you're not into Metallica. 

or even very good ;)

You know that, Tom Murphy makes pretty good knock off Gibson's ?? Kirk has even played, the epiphone version,live with Metallica. So we can't tell if the real deal is on stage or not........ I wouldn't do that with a guitar, that cost a million buck's. Even Slash leaves his counterfit Gibson at home :D:rofl-lol:

7 hours ago, smoking guns said:

@metallex78 and @monkeychow both have heard it and @Gibbo all say the Mix Blows away anything by GNR. so yeah, Australia has it and we do not. 

Yeah, it’s odd that us here in Australia can listen to it (I’m listening via Apple Music), and the rest of the world can’t. 

My thoughts are mixed on it, because I’m comparing it to the awesome live version that Blues Ball played back in the late 90’s, and by comparison it falls short. But that doesn’t mean it’s bad. I was just expecting something more like that. 

Slash’s guitars on this feel like they need more gain, and more weight. But like Killing Floor, he does have some tasty lead guitar playing, though it’s much more rooted in the blues sound than the big fuck off heavy rock sound. Which I guess is what Slash is going for. 

Chris Stapleton delivers an understated laidback vocal, which again, is different to the way Teddy Zigzag Big Bag sang with Blues Ball (which I prefer), but I otherwise can’t fault him.

Overall, it’s good, when I was hoping for great. But maybe others will feel differently when they hear it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, read it somewhere on fb, probably on friday, then?

This is very unusual to have it only out in one country and not the others, especially in 2024 with streaming platforms...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No need to wait. Just listen to the original. It doesn't get better than this.

It’s a cover album full of classics. You can say that about every other song on the record too.

• Like 1