Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

how many SMKC records until new GN'R Album?

59 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Three!

How many Duff albums? 

On 5/4/2024 at 7:59 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, maybe he means that there will be no covers. But from the way he talks about it it sounds like they're going to try to write new material:

Finally, the obligatory Guns N' Roses question. What's the status of that album everyone's been waiting for?

I think I'll be spending some time with Guns N' Roses after the next cycle with the Conspirators, but I don't know what's going to happen. As far as I know, there's no tour planned. As for a new album, I've only got one answer: there's always a Guns N' Roses record in the pipeline! I just don't know when it will come out. It will be made up of original songs, that's all I can say for sure.

Some actual revelatory information!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:13 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously. I saw Teddy will singing some songs and was horrified. 

I'm not too familiar with Teddy's vocals (especially in recent years) but a couple songs will be fine. Tash is the 'lead singer', so I'm not expecting more than 2-3 Teddy songs... if he's really bad I'll just use those songs to grab more beers :D

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 10:00 PM, Sweersa said:

"Better than nothing" describes Guns perfectly for the past few decades.

And it's not even true. I liked The General a lot more before I heard it. :D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not too familiar with Teddy's vocals (especially in recent years) but a couple songs will be fine. Tash is the 'lead singer', so I'm not expecting more than 2-3 Teddy songs... if he's really bad I'll just use those songs to grab more beers :D

He was the main reason I didn’t put my feet to deep into the Blues Ball stuff.

:shrugs:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Generally very review: the album goes beyond being an "easy" album of cover versions of blues classics - Slash fires on all cylinders, great solos and not "self-sufficient" like he sometimes does with GN'R live (I suppose it means that isn't noodling or playing too many notes) - production is clear and robust - backing band is great - all the singers are great - Beth Hart sings as if she sold her soul to the devil.

Can’t wait to listen to this tune with Beth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Any album reviews from anyone who went to the listening party events last week? 

Strange, where did those partys take place? Only in Scandinavian. I only heard about Sweden I think. And nobody went?

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

how many RHCP albums?

Oh, you mean high quality albums with excellent production? I’ll take two more of those please!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

A week to go. Do you think they’re going to boost promo over the last few days?

Slash and Duff seem to do a great job directing their energy towards promoting their art. Unlike the lazy fuck that sings for GnR :lol:

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2024 at 8:26 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, and considering that he said in other interviews that he's thinking about making the blues festival an annual event in addition to continuing with SMKC, it looks like GN'R has no plans (touring or anything else) for 2025 either.

The rumours that after that last gig in 2023 it would be a long hiatus becoming more real by the minute....

Listen, as long as when they come back, it's rejuvenated and with something new, that's ok and preferable for moi! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 7:59 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, maybe he means that there will be no covers. But from the way he talks about it it sounds like they're going to try to write new material:

Finally, the obligatory Guns N' Roses question. What's the status of that album everyone's been waiting for?

I think I'll be spending some time with Guns N' Roses after the next cycle with the Conspirators, but I don't know what's going to happen. As far as I know, there's no tour planned. As for a new album, I've only got one answer: there's always a Guns N' Roses record in the pipeline! I just don't know when it will come out. It will be made up of original songs, that's all I can say for sure.

For him to be "sure" that the GNR album is gonna be original songs...that can only be 

A) they've already recorded some work for it and he and Axl have had that discussion of how it should be formed

B) the GNR leftovers being tossed out at us, is just a tide over and never planned to be part of an official full album

C) He has told Axl that he will only work on original material for an LP that they both collaborated from scratch on*

*Makes sense TBH. I'm sure Axl IF/When he decides to put out a new Guns record knows that after that (whatever it will be) humongous wait, it can't just be an album of songs he made 30 years ago! That would fail on sight...So the leftovers are fine, as little throw out ditties and perhaps a club membership EP signup or shop buy....but if a new album comes, it will almost certainly be, a Duff/Slash/Axl from the ground up original piece...with additional work from 4Tus/Dizzy/Melissa/Frank ...

AND all the better for it, to give it best chance of something cohesive and well formed! 🤞

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The rumours that after that last gig in 2023 it would be a long hiatus becoming more real by the minute....

Listen, as long as when they come back, it's rejuvenated and with something new, that's ok and preferable for moi! 

What's more likely? Them coming back with a new album and a fire lit under them, or waiting until 2027 to do yet another AFD anniversary tour?

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What's more likely? Them coming back with a new album and a fire lit under them, or waiting until 2027 to do yet another AFD anniversary tour?

Hmmm...AFD with Izzy and Steven doing a few shows ?? Dunno, think there's probably be a straight divide within here for either.....

I would for sure want an album above all else, personally ...where it would light a fire....it definitely would boast things, by freshening up the set and the process of learning new songs, may affect the whole set in a positive way, deleting some of the staleness....it can only be a good thing...and while I wouldn't expect a proper worldwide publicity tour, I'm sure ONE interview and a special performance here or there may accompany an album if a good amount of $$$ is thrown their way...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Hmmm...AFD with Izzy and Steven doing a few shows ?? Dunno, think there's probably be a straight divide within here for either.....

I would for sure want an album above all else, personally ...where it would light a fire....it definitely would boast things, by freshening up the set and the process of learning new songs, may affect the whole set in a positive way, deleting some of the staleness....it can only be a good thing...and while I wouldn't expect a proper worldwide publicity tour, I'm sure ONE interview and a special performance here or there may accompany an album if a good amount of $$$ is thrown their way...

I would take a one off AFD5 show over any new music. All day and every day. Unfortunately the fact they haven’t done it yet tells me it’s probably never gonna happen. 

• Like 2