Mark Knopfler to record new version of Going Home ft Slash and about 60 other people

Just now, betterman said:

One song - 60 guitarists :D

Must be some kind of world record attempt? 

Ringo and his son on drums. Sting on bass, Daltrey on Harmonica and 55 guitarists. Sounds well-balanced, doesn't it? :lol:

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Where's DJ Ashba?! :o

In the alley behind the studio, crying that nobody will let him in. 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 1:44 PM, username said:

Ringo and his son on drums. Sting on bass, Daltrey on Harmonica and 55 guitarists. Sounds well-balanced, doesn't it? :lol:

We need Pitman on sub-bass and Constanzo on sub-drums. Also a couple of lead & rhythm basses and someone who plays the Guzheng.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, username said:

Needs to bring an Ashba Swag truck and start getting rid of that stuff somehow...

Bribe his way in? Or threaten to play Techno remixes at 11 until someone, gives him a spot on the "unreleased remix"

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Slash’s take 8:10-8:18 min. Haven’t recognized him anywhere else after the first listen.

Kudos to you because I didn't even make it that far, my first listening attempt will probably remain my only one lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Kudos to you because I didn't even make it that far, my first listening attempt will probably remain my only one lol.

It was more fun to guess who play what instead of listening because of the song itself 😅

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

I love it.

Recognised Gilmour, May, Beck, Morello and possibly Vai.

Morello was probably the most recognizable, even though his playing was the one I disliked the most. Think I also heard Gilmour, May and Clapton. It’s not that easy when you have so many guitarists and everybody plays the same melody for about 10 sec.

48 minutes ago, PrimalScream said:

Turns out both guesses in this topic missed the mark! (heh) Today this animated video was released, indicating who plays when:

Slash plays from 4:57 to 5:07.

This video has a sligthly longer intro and overall length, but I think the timestamps from the original that were mentioned here (8:10 and 7:32) correspond to Joe Luis Walker and Tommy Iommi, respectively.

Nice sound this Joe Luis Walker 😂

• Like 1