Just got a picture with my 18th Gn'R member,Tracii Guns!

That's cool!

I own just one L.A. Guns album, which features the excellent track 'One More Reason'. It's on vinyl. 

I was watching Joe Rogan Experience today, #2118 and he is chatting with The Black Keys.

They chat about Manson, and they mention the G'N'R album "The Spaghetti Incident?" ..as it features a Manson cover. 

The Black Key's mention opening for G'N'R and how they never got to meet G'N'R. Joe Rogan mentions how he once met Axl Rose in a restaurant in Greece, and what a cool guy he is.. 

(starts around the 23:50 mark)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Why wouldn't he sign stuff? 

Seems a bit miserable, when you've got a fan stood in front of you, not to do that? 

His choice of course, and he's not obliged to.....but stuff like that I just don't understand. 

A few reasons. Both he and Phil think mostly everything is for eBay. Even though a few fans asked him to personalize the autograph with their name. Now I'm no expert but I don't think an LAG autograph is worth that much unless it's a classic lineup signed piece (Phil, Tracii, Kelly, Mick and the recently passed Steve Riley) 

Also,they sell a meet and greet for $135 (ticket not included) 

VIP Experience Includes:

VIP Laminate

Signed Glossy Photo

One Personal Item Signed (A signed guitar is $100 extra in cash, no exceptions)

Photo Opportunity With The Band

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/la-guns-vip-mar-15-st-charles-il-tickets-851146631487?aff=aff0bandsintown&bit_userid=5164163&appId=wf_jjj.ynthafzhfvp.pbz&comeFrom=700&artist_event_id=105144667

3 hours ago, Gianluca87 said:

We want see all now please 😝

I've posted a few on here. If we get to a few months of not much Gn'R activity maybe I'll post all in one thread. Or when I get to 20 members! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

A few reasons. Both he and Phil think mostly everything is for eBay. Even though a few fans asked him to personalize the autograph with their name. Now I'm no expert but I don't think an LAG autograph is worth that much unless it's a classic lineup signed piece (Phil, Tracii, Kelly, Mick and the recently passed Steve Riley) 

Also,they sell a meet and greet for $135 (ticket not included) 

VIP Experience Includes:

VIP Laminate

Signed Glossy Photo

One Personal Item Signed (A signed guitar is $100 extra in cash, no exceptions)

Photo Opportunity With The Band

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/la-guns-vip-mar-15-st-charles-il-tickets-851146631487?aff=aff0bandsintown&bit_userid=5164163&appId=wf_jjj.ynthafzhfvp.pbz&comeFrom=700&artist_event_id=105144667

I've posted a few on here. If we get to a few months of not much Gn'R activity maybe I'll post all in one thread. Or when I get to 20 members! 

yeah so money is the reason. why just do it for the fans if you can sell that signed glossy photo, but very cool for you that you were able to take the picture with Tracy and the love child of Robin Williams and Mr. Lebowsky. ;)

28 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Dude, that's the first thing that entered my mind when I saw that pic. 

Ha. Yeah if anything it makes the picture funnier. If I had paid for it I might not like it but for free on the street,by their van before the show,it is what it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Ha. Yeah if anything it makes the picture funnier. If I had paid for it I might not like it but for free on the street,by their van before the show,it is what it is. 

for what it's worth, I think it's a cool pic and the dude didn't ruin it imo.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:55 AM, allwaystired said:

Why wouldn't he sign stuff? 

Seems a bit miserable, when you've got a fan stood in front of you, not to do that? 

His choice of course, and he's not obliged to.....but stuff like that I just don't understand. 

I can understand this point of view but they need to make money and put food on the table for the family.  Also yeah they think everything will just end up on ebay so they are just giving fans the money when the artist could be the one making the money instead.

Its just the modern world these days isnt it money makes the world go around and to be honest if my signature could make me money I would want to monetise it so you buy meet n greets to get signatures.  Its similar to wrestlers in their world they too are reluctant to sign random things in random situations.

53 minutes ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

I can understand this point of view but they need to make money and put food on the table for the family.  Also yeah they think everything will just end up on ebay so they are just giving fans the money when the artist could be the one making the money instead.

Its just the modern world these days isnt it money makes the world go around and to be honest if my signature could make me money I would want to monetise it so you buy meet n greets to get signatures.  Its similar to wrestlers in their world they too are reluctant to sign random things in random situations.

Yeah, it's the modern world. 

I don't like it though, that everything has to be monetised and I'm a bit old school/old fashioned in terms of rock and roll being about the underdog, the poor kid and it not favouring the rich. I don't like the idea of some kid not even being able to meet someone in the street and get a signature. 

On that note....met Bruce Dickinson last week and he was super pleasant, chatty and down to earth. 

I met Phil a few years ago after a very small gig that they played right before he and Tracii buried the hatchet.

Super cool guy. Stayed after and took pics and signed autographs for anyone that wanted one. 

The first 4 LA Guns albums (plus the Cuts EP) are untouchable. 

I freaking love “Hollywood Vampires.”

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:26 PM, Subtle Signs said:

I now have pics with Axl,Slash,Duff,Adler,Dizzy,Matt, Tommy,Brain,Melissa,Fortus,Josh Freese, Pitman,Dj Ashba, Bumblefoot,Buckethead , Frank, Gilby and Tracii Guns. 

I just remembered I also have a photo with Teddy Zig Zag but I'm keeping my count at 18 members.

LA Guns are playing here tonight opening for KK's Priest. Took me a few shows to get Tracii to take the photo with me. Buckethead took less time! But the way I see it is I'm waiting to meet them,they aren't waiting to meet me.  Tracii didn't wanna sign any autographs but I already had one of his from a few years ago. received_1917278022060570.thumb.jpeg.3018f9d884457b4591ab837184b9de95.jpeg

Awesome, post all the photo's bro, love 2 see em. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 6:41 AM, Subtle Signs said:

I think that's the ghost of Robin Williams that photo bombed me. I believe he works for L.A. Guns.

On 3/14/2024 at 3:39 PM, lame ass security said:

Dude, that's the first thing that entered my mind when I saw that pic. 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:09 PM, Subtle Signs said:

That's Fitzpatrick, yeah he works for Tracii.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's Fitzpatrick, yeah he works for Tracii.

I like LAG but I definitely couldn't name any of their crew. Would knowing who that guy is be the Gn'R nerd equivalent of us knowing who Beta, Fernando etc are?

4 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I like LAG but I definitely couldn't name any of their crew. Would knowing who that guy is be the Gn'R nerd equivalent of us knowing who Beta, Fernando etc are?

I've met him before and we have mutual acquaintances, that's how I know who he is. I'm not a L.A. Guns superfan otherwise. 

• Like 1