Axl has his own Website now

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Why would he release more albums if it doesn't benefit him in any way? It would not change his career in a significant way. It would not make him happier (it probably would make him unhappy tbh, judging by his reaction to being forced to release CD).It also would not make him money. Therefore, it is not logical for him to pursue music right now from a basic cost-benefit standpoint. At his age the only reason the continue with music is if he has a passion for that specifically... But does he have a passion for it anymore?

Just because Axl isn't living his life the way random strangers want him to live it, doesn't mean he's lazy or mentally ill. He told people in his last interview years ago that he did not intend to put out music soon. What doesn't compute? 

I also heard that Chinese Democracy was "Ripped out of Axl's hands against his will," by the Record Label! 🥶💡🤔😵‍💫 He apparently felt that Chinese Democracy was not ready to be released yet and the Record Label was like," You've kept the Fans waiting far too long, you've been working on Chinese Democracy for NINE YEARS, it's time for it to be released and took it from him literally and figuratively! 😵‍💫🤔💡🥶

Edited by Karice

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess he means this video from 2012 that surfaced in 2020. But it's not really clear what Axl says (1:16 min mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfPq9BR76pY

Yep that's the one. I thought there was another incident too, but absolutely can't remember when/where. 

This was definitely the one I meant though. It's either 'wife' or 'life', and the latter doesn't make much sense.....strange. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Karice said:

I also heard that Chinese Democracy was "Ripped out of Axl's hands against his will," by the Record Label! 🥶💡🤔😵‍💫 He apparently felt that Chinese Democracy was not ready to be released yet and the Record Label was like," You've kept the Fans waiting far too long, you've been working on Chinese Democracy for NINE YEARS, it's time for it to be released and took it from him literally and figuratively! 😵‍💫🤔💡🥶

Exactly. He didn't want to release it. When he was forced to, it had a big mental and physical fallout for him. Compare Axl in 2006 to Axl in 2010, the next time he toured after ChiDem released. He was more lethargic, he was less willing to interact with the press/public, he was physically unhealthier, and he would later go on to describe those post-release years as the most miserable of his life. 

Why on earth would he volunteer himself for that again? 

Edited by meadsoap

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yep that's the one. I thought there was another incident too, but absolutely can't remember when/where. 

This was definitely the one I meant though. It's either 'wife' or 'life', and the latter doesn't make much sense.....strange. 

Is it strange if he refers to Beta as his wife? Maybe they are more than just friends. Not saying he did, or that they are, but it would make a lots of sense.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Has he? Not being snarky here just can't remember it and I haven't come further than 2019 in my research,

And I am sorry too, I can't reduce a complex argument to just a few lines which are processable by you.

The only one who tries to make anything complex around here is you. You act like you’re Axl’s point man and number one defender. It’s pathetic and no, no one thinks you’re smarter than anyone else just because you seem to have the time to write essays about a man you’ve never met 

• Confused 1

Just now, DTV88 said:

The only one who tries to make anything complex around here is you. You act like you’re Axl’s point man and number one defender. It’s pathetic and no, no one thinks you’re smarter than anyone else just because you seem to have the time to write essays about a man you’ve never met 

I was trying to make a somewhat complex argument as brief as possible, yes. Was there any confusion about this? I could argue why simplifying to the point where something fits into a very small mind can result in nuances and important details being lost. I do get that it is much easier to deal with concepts that can be described in short sentences, sure, but the world we live in isn't always so simple and black and white. 

It is funny how I come across as defending Axl :lol: I think it says a lot more about you than of me, actually. "Hey, this guys doesn't agree that Axl is lazy but says that he is insecure and suffering from mental disorders instead - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!", "Hey, this guy doesn't agree that Team Brazil is completely incompetent - he is DEFENDING Axl!!" "This guy doesn't get all angry and whiny when the band doesn't release music - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!" and "This guy says that Axl doesn't owe us anything - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!" That's basically it. Some people can't deal with someone disagreeing with them and instead of actually debating the issue they try to deflect by claiming I am defending Axl - as if I could care less about how I appear. I only care about my arguments, everything else is noise from people who tapped out of the discussion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was trying to make a somewhat complex argument as brief as possible, yes. Was there any confusion about this? I could argue why simplifying to the point where something fits into a very small mind can result in nuances and important details being lost. I do get that it is much easier to deal with concepts that can be described in short sentences, sure, but the world we live in isn't always so simple and black and white. 

It is funny how I come across as defending Axl :lol: I think it says a lot more about you than of me, actually. "Hey, this guys doesn't agree that Axl is lazy but says that he is insecure and suffering from mental disorders instead - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!", "Hey, this guy doesn't agree that Team Brazil is completely incompetent - he is DEFENDING Axl!!" "This guy doesn't get all angry and whiny when the band doesn't release music - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!" and "This guy says that Axl doesn't owe us anything - he is DEFENDING Axl!!!" That's basically it. Some people can't deal with someone disagreeing with them and instead of actually debating the issue they try to deflect by claiming I am defending Axl - as if I could care less about how I appear. I only care about my arguments, everything else is noise from people who tapped out of the discussion. 

“Processable by you.” Do you not see how condescending this is? Why you feel the need to argue and act superior, rather than discuss, says a lot about your lack of maturity. And the fact that you are unable to succinctly state any points reflects on your lack of confidence in yourself.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

“Processable by you.” Do you not see how condescending this is? Why you feel the need to argue and act superior, rather than discuss, says a lot about your lack of maturity. And the fact that you are unable to succinctly state any points reflects on your lack of confidence in yourself.

Yes, that is condescending and tit for tat to those who continue to negate my arguments as if I am only defending Axl, misconstrue my argument to me excusing any of Axl's behavior, or claim my arguments are not based on any "knowledge". 

I don't feel a "need" to argue, I just enjoy it. It's kinda what you can expect on a discussion board. 

I try to make a point as succinctly as possible, but I am not always able to and sometimes I choose to write more with the goal that my point becomes clearer. Obviously, if people have a problem digesting a few paragraphs of text then that backfires :lol:

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Is it strange if he refers to Beta as his wife? Maybe they are more than just friends. Not saying he did, or that they are, but it would make a lots of sense.

I'd say referring to people sometimes as your 'mother' and other times as your 'wife' is fairly strange, yes. 

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd say referring to people sometimes as your 'mother' and other times as your 'wife' is fairly strange, yes. 

Perhaps. Obviously, she isn't his mother, but she could be a wife who mothers over him. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Clutching at straws on this one.....

No, no, I am not saying it isn't strange. Just brainstorming explanations. My guess, if he really referred to Beta as his "wife", is that he meant that expression similarly to as he meant it when he referred to her as his mother, not literally but as someone who takes care of him and lives closely with him. 

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

We have heard both Axl and Beta refer to her as mother plenty of times over the years, and only one instance of him referring to her as wife, in a video so muffled that we can't be sure "wife" is what he said. (I hear "Beta is my armor, Beta is my life".)

Either way, Fernando himself said his mother and Axl's relationship isn't romantic, and Beta herself has described their relationship as "mother and son" on at least 3 occasions

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

In the video, Axl is also supposedly talking to a woman he's trying to sleep with, and her cousin is the one who provided the video. Why would he start talking about a wife?

Additionally, the cousin only refers to Beta as Axl's manager in the original article, which would be unlikely if Axl point blank told her that Beta was his "wife".

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

Axl looked fairly drunk in that video.

21 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I would say he's more likely Borderline Personality Disorder.

"Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a mental health condition in which a person has long-term patterns of unstable or explosive emotions. These inner experiences often result in impulsive actions, self-image issues, and chaotic relationships with other people.

Risk factors for BPD include:

Abandonment in childhood or adolescence
Disrupted family life
Poor communication in the family
Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse"

The problem is that having a mental illness makes you a poor judge of whether you are mentally well or not. A fish doesn't know it's in water.

This reminded me of a tweet from the - now inactive - profile of one of Axl's cats (and many fans believed that it was Axl himself, which is likely):

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

33 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

In the video, Axl is also supposedly talking to a woman he's trying to sleep with, and her cousin is the one who provided the video. Why would he start talking about a wife?

In the original article, the cousin only refers to Beta as Axl's manager, which would be unlikely if Axl point blank told her that Beta was his "wife".

It was all very strange - he didn't try and sleep with those women at all, but there was some incident with them and Beta as I recall, something like her telling them to go away from him. 

It was all discussed on here at the time, so you could probably still find it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

It was all very strange - he didn't try and sleep with those women at all, but there was some incident with them and Beta as I recall, something like her telling them to go away from him. 

It was all discussed on here at the time, so you could probably still find it. 

You might have overlooked it, but I linked to the discussion in my comment. I know what it said.

And if your going by what the cousin said, Axl and Janaina did have a romantic relationship. That's who he is talking to in the video.

Edited by meadsoap

I've never seen that video before
cool to have real life footage of Axl, even if I don't like the method.

maybe he just said that Beta is managing his life, makes more sense.

does he refers to Doug Goldstein, his ex manager, he said his wife messed with his head and he was in an asylum? 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl looked fairly drunk in that video.

This reminded me of a tweet from the - now inactive - profile of one of Axl's cats (and many fans believed that it was Axl himself, which is likely):

Yes, Axl looked drunk, talking non stop. .😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Why would he release more albums if it doesn't benefit him in any way? It would not change his career in a significant way. It would not make him happier (it probably would make him unhappy tbh, judging by his reaction to being forced to release CD).It also would not make him money. Therefore, it is not logical for him to pursue music right now from a basic cost-benefit standpoint. At his age the only reason the continue with music is if he has a passion for that specifically... But does he have a passion for it anymore?

Just because Axl isn't living his life the way random strangers want him to live it, doesn't mean he's lazy or mentally ill. He told people in his last interview years ago that he did not intend to put out music soon. What doesn't compute? 

For me this quote tells me everything I need to know about Axl's views regarding new music: 

"REVOLVER Congratulations on winning the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award.
AXL ROSE Thank you. It was actually kind of a surprise to me. And I appreciate it and stuff, but personally, I don't feel like I've done enough of anything to have a lifetime achievement award. But that's just me. I know other people were really happy for me about it so that was a good thing. I just feel like, you know, it's been a long, slow process beyond comprehension with Chinese Democracy, but it's still moving forward and there's a lot more that we hope to do"

Clearly he still wants to release new music, but he seems to be a slow songwriter and he's not in any kind of rush to put out music. Personally I would be very surprised if GNR released new music this year. At the same time I would be very surprised if GNR didn't release any new music within the next 5 years. I have a feeling that GNR will keep on releasing new songs at a slow pace. Not every year, but every now and then.

• Like 1

I think Axl probably started calling Beta his mother because that's how other people in the household (Beta's children) were calling her. Kind of like some men start calling their wives "mother" after having children. Maybe it's more prevalent in Indiana than elsewhere. Former vice president Mike Pence, who is from Indiana, has been ridiculed for the same thing. He was quoted asking his wife, "Mother, Mother, who prepared our meal this evening?"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meadsoap said:

You might have overlooked it, but I linked to the discussion in my comment. I know what it said.

And if your going by what the cousin said, Axl and Janaina did have a romantic relationship. That's who he is talking to in the video.

Ah yeah seen it now. I just recall her clarifying at some point that there was no romantic relationship. 

I don't know- the whole thing is fucking weird, with Beta apparently stepping in like that and threatening everyone (if that bit is true). The whole thing seems absolutely bizarre. 

I sometimes wonder if he is indeed married to Beta, perhaps for financial or admin purposes. 

Then I wonder why the fuck i'm remotely interested or care! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1