2 hours ago, cineater said:

"There are times when you offend me
And I do the same to you
If we can't or won't forget it
I guess we could be through"

Ah, good ole Jerry 

4 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

this was actually convincing I thought it was real

I thought it was convincing too until the very end where "Axl," said the highly unprofessional thing about the vote and bragged about special edition bandaids coming out in 2028. 🤔💡🤭😀🤣 Rind had me in  the first three quarters, not going to lie. 🤣🤭💡🤔😀

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Does anyone know what TF that means? Or who it's directed at?

think it means to work at something until you achieve the desired goal & it was directed at slash. It goes in line w Axl’s later comments saying slash didn’t wanna “work that hard” hes basically saying that thx to slash being lazy and unwilling to work here we are

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

think it means to work at something until you achieve the desired goal & it was directed at slash. It goes in line w Axl’s later comments saying slash didn’t wanna “work that hard” hes basically saying that thx to slash being lazy and unwilling to work here we are

That is ironic since Axl has Essentially been called some round about form of "lazy " by almost everyone he's worked with and ESPECIALLY during the Chinese Democracy sessions.

How many times have we heard the following:

We rarely saw Axl.

I have no clue if he actually wrote lyrics or recorded vocals for the songs that were basically complete, musically?

And then there were the numerous band members,  who presented song ideas to Axl, only to have him respond 'I have no interest in putting effort Into this"

Plus, the 4 new singles are far from polished woekd

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

That’s ridiculous 😂😂

Axl’s saying to Slash he’s lazy and doesn’t work that hard. Axl saying that to Slash 😂😂😂

Axl: “Hey Slash, we both know there’s no new music because you’re lazy and unwilling to work”

Please don’t tell me you believe this shit yourself, do you? :rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

We feel generally speaking that despite the best efforts & F'N attempts from those who would wish to position themselves as shall we call them ..... "insiders" That "digs" or otherwise negative assessments on the character of either myself, Guns (as an entity either in part or whole) serve only in the long run & the F'N short run as well in all honesty to be nothing more than an attempt to "sap" or "cloak" the energies of all involved..... At the expense of both myself......and you the fans....

I say fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sat down..........

Idea's on my (our) website were shared back N' forth N' by both myself &  ""Interested parties" in a 3 hour meeting some years ago.... Fernando took the ball & walked very slowly with it, passing it to a dedicated team who understand the cutting edge of the "world wide Webs" Fernando had wanted (to his credit) to be part of the website (designed to promote a sense of progressive healing & serenity) however his computer, phone, wifi roota, & F'N otherwise assorted electrical paraphernalia's were taken away by the F'N PO PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We feel the book will happen at a time best in the interests of both myself, Guns, NuGuns, management, Previous management, Bookshops, online retailers, Print setters, & cover artist A, Cover artist B, Cover artist C, Best Buy, Wallmart  ect, ect. As soon as all those assorted parties fall into place and shall we say otherwize "click" You will see it...

PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW M'F'N' VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

PS....Check NIGHTRAIN FOR LTD EDITION GN'F'N'R PLASTERS/ & OTHEWIZE ASSORTED BANDAIDS COMING SOON IN 2028

Divine intervention 

• Like 1

Slash doesn't seem to like to work at it until he gets a perfect take. listening to his solo albums you can hear it, like "4" for example or how he said he wanted to kill the producer of World On Fire cause he made him do too many takes of a guitar solo or whatever. that is just not his approach, which is fine. it's his choice.

Chinese Democracy sounds like someone or a group of people dove in and found the monkey imo. I think after UYI Axl wanted to labor over it until he had something special and fresh which said something new musically and Slash just wanted more to get on with it so Axl called Slash lazy as in he wasn't willing to make the effort until they had the right material, but their relationship at that time was all fucked up anyway so even if Slash had the ability to make it happen and I believe he totally did like Axl said, maybe Slash wasn't interested in going into that process with Axl cause it wasn't fun for him anymore and Axl was problematic back then as well.

18 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

But he says the band split due to "overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude", not due to a lack of it. Unless he's being sarcastic, I guess?

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That’s ridiculous 😂😂

Axl’s saying to Slash he’s lazy and doesn’t work that hard. Axl saying that to Slash 😂😂😂

Axl: “Hey Slash, we both know there’s no new music because you’re lazy and unwilling to work”

Please don’t tell me you believe this shit yourself, do you? :rofl-lol:

I think Slash has admitted he was mentally checked out from like early 1995 onward. But Slash was showing up to rehearsals, at least. Axl wasn't. Kinda hard to "find the monkey" if you never show up to the jungle, Axl...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

But he says the band split due to "overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude", not due to a lack of it. Unless he's being sarcastic, I guess?

I think Slash has admitted he was mentally checked out from like early 1995 onward. But Slash was showing up to rehearsals, at least. Axl wasn't. Kinda hard to "find the monkey" if you never show up to the jungle, Axl...

😵‍💫 I deleted the post I made, dee(Supermission Video reference when the Villain said, "dee!" After treating the undercover CEO like trash whereas the Hero treated her well. The undercover CEO fired the Villain for treating her like trash. The Villain pointed at the Hero's head, said "dee!" And then left! 🤣 

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Are you sure you're not confusing Axl with someone else? 😵‍💫🤨💡🤔 I can't see Axl not showing up to rehearsals. 😵‍💫

actually, not showing up to rehearsals is one of Axl's most favorite activities as a musician

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

No one with any knowledge on Slash could accuse him of being lazy. He is a very hard-working musician. Still, during this period in the band's history he did lose interest in GN'R and he did admit to not showing up to rehearsals. Of course not because he was lazy, but simply because he was having such a hard time dealing with the band and especially Axl. 

I don't know if Axl is lazy or not - he certainly has a tendency to overwork on stuff and be erratic. Not exactly a productive musician. And prone to bursts of activity and longer periods of inactivity, I guess. Which is why it was so important that Slash was around when Axl wanted to work. But I don't think anyone can blame Slash for finally giving up and focusing on Snakepit back then. He was worn thin.

As for a comment someone else made about people commenting on Axl not being part of the work on Chinese Democracy. He was more active than some of the musicians realized, or at least what such comments would suggest. It seems like he built a studio in his Malibu home to work on the music and ideas that the rest of the band would turn in. He would then make comments and suggestion, often by phone back to the band (Brain has talked extensively about this). Years went by when the band was just brainstorming ideas. Josh got fed up with this and left. It might have played into Robin and Bucket leaving, too, although they also got some bad experiences from touring. And then Axl would shut down operations from time to time, he was likely fighting with doubt and somewhat crippling insecurity. Then it would start up again, but still just collecting ideas and creating sketches of songs. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

On 4/26/2024 at 4:58 PM, DTV88 said:

How does Axl put out a book that is factual and also doesn’t burn bridges that he has spent so much time and effort rebuilding? I’m sincerely interested in how he would choose his words. Will he temper them to keep peace with the current money making machine that is the three union? Or will he go for broke and lay it all out there like Sorum’s first draft? 

I think you can tell the truth without offending those involved. You dont accuse people of things or judge them for actions, you say 'this is what happened, and this is how it made me feel' - You can't be offended by how someone feels, that's in axls gift. But in reality this will never come out so it's all just speculation

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think you can tell the truth without offending those involved. You dont accuse people of things or judge them for actions, you say 'this is what happened, and this is how it made me feel' - You can't be offended by how someone feels, that's in axls gift. But in reality this will never come out so it's all just speculation

in reality you don't know that

15 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

You do mate, you do. 

No, I don't and I explained why I can’t say that for sure. Now you can try to explain why you think he is lazy and not just suffering from insecurity and bipolar disorder. I would very much appreciate some nuanced and reflective thoughts from youy, if you have any. 

Furthermore, I think if Axl was lazy then people who knew him would have made a point about this. I can’t remember anyone who was in a conflict with him, including Slash, Steven, Matt and Duff, ever referring to him as lazy. And they probably would have when the critisized him. They called him crazy and a dictator and much else, but never lazy. That's quite telling. 

Also, Axl goes way beyond on the live shows, a lazy person would do the bare minimum. 

So in short, his lack of productivity is likely mainly caused by other issues than laziness. 

• Like 2

To me the REAL reason there hasn't been a new Guns N'Roses album in 16 years is because Guns N'Roses are a Nostalgia Act and it's OUR FAULTS. If we boycotted Guns N'Roses, saying something like,"We're not supporting a nostalgia act, Guns N'Roses would have been forced to make new albums. 💡 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

19 minutes ago, Karice said:

To me the REAL reason there hasn't been a new Guns N'Roses album in 16 years is because Guns N'Roses are a Nostalgia Act and it's OUR FAULTS. If we boycotted Guns N'Roses, saying something like,"We're not supporting a nostalgia act, Guns N'Roses would have been forced to make new albums. 💡 

No, it’s because there was never an albums worth of good material to put out. Of the 5 completed songs we have heard, only the unreleased one, Monsters, is actually worthy of the GnR name. Perhaps if Axl wasn’t so lazy with his lyrics :shrugs:

5 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

No, it’s because there was never an albums worth of good material to put out. Of the 5 completed songs we have heard, only the unreleased one, Monsters, is actually worthy of the GnR name. Perhaps if Axl wasn’t so lazy with his lyrics :shrugs:

Perhaps got a lot of praise and Hard School got a lot of praise too. Only Absurd(Although it made a cute MyGNR Emoji)and The General got a lot of flack. I think Eye On You got a lot of praise too.