Axl has his own Website now

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

As far as authorized GN'R books and Axl biographies, we have this:

Shattered Illusion that was worked on in the 90s and intended to be released in 1995. The conflicts between Axl and Slash, and Axl and Robert John, may have caused this to be cancelled. But at the very least, a manuscript for this book exists. 

utenrw10.png

Then in the 2000s, Sebastian Bach would reveal that Axl was working on a book which Axl later clarified was more of a "legal record" of the breakup of the band. Maybe Shattered Illusion morphed into this new book more focused on the collapse of the UYI lineup? Regardless, in 2016, Axl would talk about it being quite likely he would release a book, which sounds more like a biography again, but it was obviously difficult to write about what had happened without opening old wounds:

utenrw10.jpg 

So that's what we have on this matter.

And oh yeah, Axl first mentioned a book in 1988 but said it would take "two or three years" according to an interviewer in Screamer.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I do love that even though Slash was back in the band a minute, Axl called him a liar.

I would love to read his story from his perspective.

I read Slash's book back when it was new, and I saw things in there that were factually inaccurate. Maybe he didn't remember them properly because of his drinking and drugging. I also thought it could have been a better book if Slash had written the words himself instead of using someone (I think it was Anthony Bozza) to transcribe his spoken words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I read Slash's book back when it was new, and I saw things in there that were factually inaccurate. Maybe he didn't remember them properly because of his drinking and drugging. I also thought it could have been a better book if Slash had written the words himself instead of using someone (I think it was Anthony Bozza) to transcribe his spoken words.

Most biographies has gosth writers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Most biographies has gosth writers.

I don't think Axl's will....he'll want it direct from the horses mouth in his own indelible style....I miss his long essays he used to wrire us...was the last one just pre Hall of Fame? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Best Buy is in negotiations to be the exclusive retailer of the book. It will all be previously published information except for 3 chapters. 

Chapter 1:

LIVE!!!! From "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

#1. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses tour.

#2. There will NOT be an official Guns N' Roses website.

#3. There will NOT be any NEW Guns N' Roses videos.

#4. There will NOT be any new Guns N' Roses involved merchandise.

#5. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses Fan Club.

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall
of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Nothing here is Subject To Change
Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION
Of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic"

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Haha 2

On 4/25/2024 at 7:05 AM, SoulMonster said:

As far as authorized GN'R books and Axl biographies, we have this:

Shattered Illusion that was worked on in the 90s and intended to be released in 1995. The budding conflict between Axl and Slash may have caused this to be cancelled. But at the very least, a manuscript for this book exists somewhere, surely. 

utenrw10.png

Then in the 2000s, Sebastian Bach would reveal that Axl was working on a book which Axl later clarified was more of a "legal record" of the breakup of the band. Maybe Shattered Illusion morphed into this new book more focused on the collapse of the UYI lineup? Regardless, in 2016, Axl would talk about it being quite likely he would release a book, which sounds more like a biography again, but it was obviously difficult to write about what had happened without opening old wounds:

utenrw10.jpg 

So that's what we have on this matter.

This lost all credibility in the part where bach says axl 'loves putting out albums. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Could this become the new 'new album thread'? 

Years of cyclical speculation, thoughts, views, rumours and no substance arriving whatsoever?

I do hope so! 

Its already been 9 days and not a single update or website change. looks like it's begun

• Haha 3

On 4/25/2024 at 10:56 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I do love that even though Slash was back in the band a minute, Axl called him a liar.

I would love to read his story from his perspective.

Yeah. And I wonder how much they have really talked since Slash being back in the band.

As for the biography, I guess the time was never right. Same goes for an album. Will it ever be?

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Chapter 1:

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with three original "B" sides.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall
of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

The "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude.... killed me back then and now again.

13 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Chapter 1:

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

c.c. Big FD Ent., Inc.
Michael "Duff" McKagan
Matt Sorum

How does Axl put out a book that is factual and also doesn’t burn bridges that he has spent so much time and effort rebuilding? I’m sincerely interested in how he would choose his words. Will he temper them to keep peace with the current money making machine that is the three union? Or will he go for broke and lay it all out there like Sorum’s first draft? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

How does Axl put out a book that is factual and also doesn’t burn bridges that he has spent so much time and effort rebuilding? I’m sincerely interested in how he would choose his words. Will he temper them to keep peace with the current money making machine that is the three union? Or will he go for broke and lay it all out there like Sorum’s first draft? 

"There are times when you offend me
And I do the same to you
If we can't or won't forget it
I guess we could be through"

• Like 1