Axl has his own Website now

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, if you read a bit more you would know more.

Here's Axl himself talking about why he didn't do press and how it had to do with his belief that the press was out to get him and protect Slash: (35) 28. AUGUST 2008-FEBRUARY 2009: CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS RELEASED - Page 2 (a-4-d.com)

And here's about Axl deliberately keeping out of the spotlight and that he did have an aversion to promoting himself: (35) 23. JANUARY 2001-NOVEMBER 2002: RICHARD REPLACES PAUL, TOURING STARTS (a-4-d.com)

The latter point about Axl not having an interest in self-promotion or celebrity status is also exemplified with Sebastian Bach talking about how Axl would paid big money to not be part of celebrity shows on tv, in contrast to Bach.

Ah, I always enjoy giving you some research to do to scratch that pedantic itch! 

Glad you've got him sussed out! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, I always enjoy giving you some research to do to scratch that pedantic itch! 

Glad you've got him sussed out! 

The research is already done.

There are still many, many thing that we don't know about the band or about Axl, but we shouldn't go around being ignorant about the stuff that is well documented.  

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

The research is already done.

There are still many, many thing that we don't know about the band or about Axl, but we shouldn't go around being ignorant about the stuff that is well documented. 

He's an open book, clearly. Just desperate to spill all the juicy details about whatever the fuck he does with his spare time. 

I'm surprised there are any secrets left to reveal given how active he is on social media, shining that bright light into his personal life! 

13 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Didn’t he talk about Slash’s book at the 2016 China Exchange? Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly bc it’s been years but I thought he kinda alluded that he still thought it was B.S. 

Aside from talking about the band breakup, I’d love to read about the following: 

- 2002 tour

- buckethead leaving 

- why the album took so long, why it wasn’t really promoted, etc… 

I feel like the 2000-2010 decade was one of the most interesting chapters of GNR from a business standpoint 

Yes, he was surprisingly open about saying to Slash "these things just aren't true" and Slash agreeing. And this was in June 2016 wasn't it? So I think based on Axls absolute honesty approach, I can see him telling it how it was in any book we possibly get. 

Didn’t he talk about Slash’s book at the 2016 China Exchange? Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly bc it’s been years but I thought he kinda alluded that he still thought it was B.S. 

Aside from talking about the band breakup, I’d love to read about the following: 

- 2002 tour

- buckethead leaving 

I feel like the 2000-2010 decade was one of the most interesting chapters of GNR from a business standpoint 

Yes, he was surprisingly open about saying to Slash "these things just aren't true" and Slash agreeing. And this was in June 2016 wasn't it? So I think based on Axls absolute honesty approach, I can see him telling it how it was in any book we possibly get. 

- 2002 tour

- buckethead leaving 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lethalis said:

I don't think we'll see Bucket back ever.

*If* (big if) Axl would release solo stuff, we might see Richard Fortus on it though. Or - and people are gonna hate this - DJ Ashba :rofl-lol:

I’d like to see Tommy back in there but he’s likely too cool for it. DJ would be cool, they could make a super DEMENTED^TM record together. He honestly would’ve fit the vibe for The General.  I have a feeling that he’s probably not as bad as people say he is- it’s hard to sound great when everyone knows that every solo you’re playing is either from Slash or Robin Finck (who’s style is even harder to replicate). 

Anyways didn’t axl come on here like 15 years ago and say that a solo album would likely be movie score type music rather than rock? 

27 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I’d like to see Tommy back in there but he’s likely too cool for it. DJ would be cool, they could make a super DEMENTED^TM record together. He honestly would’ve fit the vibe for The General.  I have a feeling that he’s probably not as bad as people say he is- it’s hard to sound great when everyone knows that every solo you’re playing is either from Slash or Robin Finck (who’s style is even harder to replicate). 

Anyways didn’t axl come on here like 15 years ago and say that a solo album would likely be movie score type music rather than rock? 

Axl? 🤨 Don't you mean "Dexter?" 😉🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If (and big if) it's an autobiography, that would be something i'd love to read, but I'm not sure how 'open' it would be, given Axl's desire for privacy. 

I can imagine it might be one of those ones where you don't really feel you know much more about the person after you've finished it.

I can't see him suddenly opening up on a massive scale. 

I could see the opposite and him being very open. This is a man who’s had so many battles with the press/magazines telling lies… it’s his opportunity to set the record straight on anything and everything 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I don't think Axl needs any help from AI technology for vocals in the studio. As many have written here, singing in the studio and at shows are completely different things. He can still use a rasp in concerts, from time to time, but in the studio, he has more time to rest, and because of that he can use it constantly. Rock the Rock is the most recent example of Axl being able to use rasp(vocals) in the studio, i hope we will soon hear that song he sang for Michael Schenker and find out if things have changed.

I agree, I don't think he's unable to give grit in the studio it's just live when he's caught out, and even then he has good days and bad where he can deliver 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

he did call the UYI videos cheesy or something to that effect in the Trunk interview back in 06. So by then he’d soured on that era and its trappings presumably.

my question is, now that slash and duff are back, how honest would he be about the breakup? would he be blunt and tell it how it went down as he saw it or whitewash it cause he doesn’t wanna piss off Slash?

Axl may clarify some things that he views differently now than he did 30 years ago. 

I mean, I’m 42 now and cringe when I think about some shit I did 20 years ago. Best forgotten… lol

slash and Axl had a lot of outsiders and yes men in their ears back then, that combined with alcohol and drugs was always a recipe for disaster. But with age comes wisdom. I’d assume there were a lot of misunderstandings back in the early 90s related to how the breakup went down and it took the pair of them to be sober and honest to see each others point of view and his book may reflect that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

I think if Axl write now his autobiography and relate "his" true he would put in risk  his  relationship with Slash again. Just my feel

Remember he spoke about this and said how he needs to think about how to tell his version of events while not rocking the boat too much. 

End of the day Duff and Slash have to be reasonable, they both wrote their books and there's things in there that Axl strongly disagrees with yet he has put that aside to play again... So even if there is some stuff they don't like in his book, they have to suck it up just the same. That stuff is 20+ yrs ago, they should be well past it now. I imagine Axl releasing a book would be more to have his version of the story out so the public could make up their minds. I just don't think it matters that much to people anymore though. But the break up is still a huge money spinner, one that they've never tackled since the reunion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Remember he spoke about this and said how he needs to think about how to tell his version of events while not rocking the boat too much. 

End of the day Duff and Slash have to be reasonable, they both wrote their books and there's things in there that Axl strongly disagrees with yet he has put that aside to play again... So even if there is some stuff they don't like in his book, they have to suck it up just the same. That stuff is 20+ yrs ago, they should be well past it now. I imagine Axl releasing a book would be more to have his version of the story out so the public could make up their minds. I just don't think it matters that much to people anymore though. But the break up is still a huge money spinner, one that they've never tackled since the reunion.

Right, it is the reason i'm put about Axl "his" true. I guess everyone recall different.

2 hours ago, DeNfr said:

Axl just called me, it's a book about artificial intelligence

Axl called you? 🤣 Reminds me of that Poster who claimed that Darth Vader broke into his house and tried to use The Force on him to force him to join the Dark Side! 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Even still, I have to disagree with the other poster, because it would be literally just re-applying the tone of his own voice, to his own voice. He would still have to sing and record it all. That's not a "robot". Using AUTO TUNE is "a robot", where notes are added and adjusted in a robot way, not reminiscent of how the original vocals were recorded and sung into the mic at all, that shit is WAY more "robot" than adding bits rasp back to the vocals that he himself has to record.

I think I can agree with this. The effects on the vocals in the songs "Absurd" or "The General" during the chorus can be considered more "robotic" than the use of AI technology in the way you suggested.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The label appears to still own the rights to the songs that are on the Chinese Democracy album, whereas the rights to the "NITL" singles are registered with the US Copyright Office as owned by Gundam (the GN'R business entity).

That makes sense.

It all depends on how the deal (or renegotiated deal) was structured.  Labels will often included provisions that allows them to retain recording rights for material recorded paid by them, whether the material gets released or not.

It sounds like the label's mechanical rights to any recordings made during the making of CD are limited to what was released on that album (or, as others have pointed out, were purchased by the band/Axl).  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ratam said:

I think if Axl write now his autobiography and relate "his" true he would put in risk  his  relationship with Slash again. Just my feel

Tbh would it matter if they split? they've been reunited 8 years and probably played the biggest longest reunion tour of any big band reunion in history. We've all seen the shows, multiple times, they've played pretty much everything they can. There's been some great shows, but steadily they have been getting worse. The stage show is now non existent. If the GnR reunion was a tv series, it would be cancelled now after 8 season with all story arcs told.

They haven't written any NEW music as a band, so it's unlikely to expect anything now. I'd rather get the full Axl breakdown on everything that happened between 85-2015 without censor than see a declining similar show. Obv new album trumps all, but not going to happen

• Like 3

13 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I mean, I’m 42 now and cringe when I think about some shit I did 20 years ago. Best forgotten… lol

I bet 20 year old you would also cringe at 42 year old you too :lol: Best to just accept we are all different at different stages of life and to accept the different choices we made. Sometimes you gotta do the stupid things to be able to look back and acknowledge it was stupid. I think it probably took Axl a LOT longer than most to come to these terms but he's probably there today. 

• Like 3