Axl has his own Website now

4 minutes ago, username said:

Look, this is a pretty pointless argument. In the 20+ years of having to deal with Team Brazil the one thing we've all learned is that they will always do the dumbest, most senseless, most idiotic, most unprofessional thing possible. That's just a fact of life for us as fans that we sadly have to live with. 

At least Axl seems genuinely happy with Team Brazil! 😀💡 

3 hours ago, username said:

I'm assuming that's because they're a total bunch of yes-men. And possibly drugs. 

When you're employee always are "yes-men", Lebeis o someone else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Wait....what? People don't know Slash? He is as crossover a guitarist as there's perhaps every been....dude just infiltrated the Oscars the other week and next he's vlogging with Skateboarders or slipping into Demi's DM's....

There are people who aren’t interested in rock music or in pop culture in general. They don’t know who Slash is. They don’t know Axl either. They might have heard of GNR but there are even a lot of people who don’t even know the band. 

I think for a rock guitarist there aren’t many out there more famous than Slash. The top hat, sunglasses, curly hair and the cigarette is a trademark. It’s what people think of first, when they think of the typical rock star. I’d say back in the day Axl Rose was the most known member of GNR. Now it’s Slash. Easily. But yeah, not everybody is into this kind of music.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Is it weird that I think this is some of the most exciting news in a while?

It is weird because so far this website means nothing. It contains no information at all to get excited about, not even a hint when/ if such information will ever come.

Plus, we're talking about Axl Rose here. :D

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ratam said:

When you're employee always are "yes-men", Lebeis o someone else.

Not really. Advisors, lawyers and professional managers must not be "yes-man" by definition.

Even your driver or bodyguard shouldn't always be a yes-man if you know what I mean.

Architects, structural engineers, pilots, accountants, and the list goes on and on.

In fact, only parasites are yes-man.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 4

On 4/21/2024 at 7:37 PM, themadcaplaughs said:

Ok. It seems like you're taking my talking in broad strokes and trying to make it sound like seem like I spoke in definites. If you're going to say something like "most non-GNR fans don't know who Slash and Axl Rose are", it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to say that "most non-Pink Floyd fans don't know who David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Nick Mason, and Rick Wright are". Also, why are you bringing up Oasis? I do not claim to know much about them (I think they are one of the most wildly overhyped bands of all time), but to my knowldge, they were never in a situation where they were releasing music or touring without one of their two most famous members. 

Regarding "nu-GNR", it kind of only furthers my own point that people see Slash as one of the faces of Guns N' Roses. Look at the history of "nuGNR" in thier home country; they struggled to cosnsitently sell arenas. Their two big arena tours in North America (2002/2011) largley struggled to get anywhere close to fillung arenas. I'm not going to say there weren't certain markets where they did well (MSG in 2002 being a notable example of an arena show that went well), but when they played full tours, they struggled to even sell 1/3 of the tickets at some venues. They really forwent even playing a true "full" North American tour in 2006. By the final year of "nuGNR" (2014), the band was for all purposes really a band that could fill large theaters and the occasional festival in the United States. Yes, there were always going to be ticket sales from: (i) hard core fans and (ii) general audience who would see GN'R under any configuration just to hear Axl sing the songs, but in terms of ticket sales, they weren't close to the classic lineup in the 1990s. The second Slash and Duff stepped back in, the band immediately went back to playing stadiums and the band's press coverage for their shows was immediately expanded. 

Smashing Pumpkins, in my opinion, represents the closest analogy to "nuGNR" in terms of how things played out. You had a classic band lineup whose image was a huge part of the band's popularity in addition to its music. When the band came back in 2007 with only two member of the band's most well-known lineup, the band managed to get some early buzz based off the name recognition, but were playing smaller and smaller venues with less fully-attended shows. The trend only continued when Billy Corgan continued the band with him as the sole member of the classic lineup. The second the Jimmy Chamberlin and James Iha returned to the band in 2018, there was substantially more interest in the band then there had been in the previous decade. 

Regarding the music buisness aspect, it's a known fact that music had been in a downward trajectory beginning around the year 2000 due to music piracy. If we go by the rumor that Axl wanted to release a follow-up to Chinese Democracy in 2010/11, that would have really corresponded to the time in the music business when revenue was at an all time low. Admittedly, the music business being at an all time low is much more income than we could ever imagine, but there was still a general feeling that the music industry was decimated and would not take unnecessary risks: particualrly one like releasing another album by "nu-GNR" when the previous one was met with lukwarm sales. It really was not until 2014 that most people see streaming as moving the music buisness regaining much of its income. 

If you do not think the rumor of "CD2" is true, that's totally fine. But that does mean you have to ignore what objectively true facts regarding the status of Guns N' Roses as certain times. I've found that most people who shoot down this rumor do not do so based on objective facts or statements (like Fernando's comments @Blackstar provided), but simply because they do not like admitting that, based purely on ticket sales and album sales, "nuGNR" was, at best, an experiment with mixed results if not a failure (which, of course is not to downplay it's artistic merit; I love all eras of the band). 

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f

I wasn't commenting on CD2 at all, nor am I suggesting NuGNR was a success...

21 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Wait....what? People don't know Slash? He is as crossover a guitarist as there's perhaps every been....dude just infiltrated the Oscars the other week and next he's vlogging with Skateboarders or slipping into Demi's DM's....

I know it's hard to divorce ourselves from being rock fans, but yes, despite breaking into the mainstream from time to time, he is not a household name. Could you name everyone else who was on the Oscars this year? Or last year? To most non-rock fans, he was just some guitarist, one of the long list of people involved in the show at some point. Wolfgang Van Halen was on the Oscars, too. I'd imagine most young people had no clue who he was despite him being on a mainstream platform.

Put it this way, I'm working with a singer who is a metalhead and she didn't know who Slash was. There were better odds already being into a related genre, and yet, nope.

11 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I know it's hard to divorce ourselves from being rock fans, but yes, despite breaking into the mainstream from time to time, he is not a household name. Could you name everyone else who was on the Oscars this year? Or last year? To most non-rock fans, he was just some guitarist, one of the long list of people involved in the show at some point. Wolfgang Van Halen was on the Oscars, too. I'd imagine most young people had no clue who he was despite him being on a mainstream platform.

Put it this way, I'm working with a singer who is a metalhead and she didn't know who Slash was. There were better odds already being into a related genre, and yet, nope.

You can't be a "metalhead" and not know about Slash, this is just ridiculous. XD

About Axl having,"Yes men," I started a thread asking something like, "If you were hired as Guns N'Roses new Manager, how would you help out Guns N'Roses?" A Poster responded something like "I would say yes to every single thing Axl suggested." I, Karice responded something like "Saying yes to EVERY single thing Axl suggests might be a bad idea. If Axl suggests he shave his head bald and dye it neon blue and you say "yes," to that, and he does it, YOU would get the blame for saying, "yes,"  to his RIDICULOUS suggestion. IIRC, the Poster responded something like,"You have a good point, Karice." 💡

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Maybe some don't know the name but show the image and i'd wage that 7/10 know that top hatter!! 🎩

18 hours ago, username said:

I'm assuming that's because they're a total bunch of yes-men. And possibly drugs. 

When Beta threatened to leave, Axl should have told her to not let the door hit her ass on the way out.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:33 AM, Blackstar said:

The conclusion of the discussion about this quote on the previous pages is that it's most likely fake, taken from an AI generated "book" site/app (and whoever is working on setting up the Axl website just found it by googling).

I guess that in the case of an autobiography this would be taken into consideration, and the release date of the book would be set after the lawsuit issue would be resolved.

Totally agree on the second quote.

I don't follow the first one though. In what world would Axl or his management allow an AI quote on his behalf? I completely agree it looks like the sort of thing a machine would come up with, but the link to the website is now in his Twitter bio. Surely that required some quality control on his behalf?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Totally agree on the second quote.

I don't follow the first one though. In what world would Axl or his management allow an AI quote on his behalf? I completely agree it looks like the sort of thing a machine would come up with, but the link to the website is now in his Twitter bio. Surely that required some quality control on his behalf?

The only explanations is that either the quote is not AI, or..that he has never actually visited his website to check it out and just added the link to his bio:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The only explanations is that either the quote is not AI, or..that he has never actually visited his website to check it out and just added the link to his bio:lol:

Seems like Axl doesn't care at all about anything anymore. I mean, The General plus that video...the merch...this website with that bizarre quote...:/

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Not really. Advisors, lawyers and professional managers must not be "yes-man" by definition.

Even your driver or bodyguard shouldn't always be a yes-man if you know what I mean.

Architects, structural engineers, pilots, accountants, and the list goes on and on.

In fact, only parasites are yes-man.

This.

You usually hire people, because you need someone to do things that you can't or don't know about. People that know what they are doing and are able to tell you when something is not feasible/reasonable/cost-effective etc.

If you want to succeed, hiring yes-men is the dumbest thing you can do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

This.

You usually hire people, because you need someone to do things that you can't or don't know about. People that know what they are doing and are able to tell you when something is not feasible/reasonable/cost-effective etc.

If you want to succeed, hiring yes-men is the dumbest thing you can do.

if an employee says "no" to me or doesn't do what I need him to do as boss, should I give him a raise? after you succeed you sometimes need a guy or a group of people to take care of shit you don't want to do/don't want to even think about.

time is money and maybe Axl wants to use his to take extended naps for example cause he can afford it. it's not dumb if you require it to live more how you want to live as an eccentric rich guy. Axl seems to have found the formula that works for him after trying a lot of outside managers. if using people he trusts is a priority, people who know him or what he needs, that is not dumb, it;s logical. 

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

You usually hire people, because you need someone to do things that you can't or don't know about.

Yes, but not usually to question your strategic decisions. Like, you trust your driver to find the best route to the airport, and if you suggest a route and he tells you, "No, this way is better," than you trust that judgement because he's the expert, but you won't accept him to interfere with other parts of your business/operations. You hire management to realize your plans, not to tell you what the plans are supposed to be or to tell you how to get to the airport. You hire video creators to make you a video based on your vision, not to come up with that vision for you, or to tell you what route to take when driving to the airport. The point is, as a boss you hire people that are better at you at things that needs to be done, but the overall plans and strategy lies with you and your team. And the extent to which you empower your people/employees to make decisions within the limit of your plan/vision/idea, will vary. Sometimes you just give them the rough idea and they sketch out the details, other times you get into the details together with them.

So is the driver a yes man when he drives you to the airport? No, that's his job. He would be a yes man if he took your directions when he knew they were bad. Because it is his job to know the best way and he should speak out when a bad decision is made within his sphere of professionality. 

Is the management team a yes team if them do what Axl tells them to do? No, of course not, that's their job. But most likely they are hired to also provide advice on business decisions, and we must assume Team Brazil, like previous managers, offer Axl advice when they see fit. If hey are supposed to provide advice and they don't, especially if they feel a bad decision is made, then yes, they are yes men. Of course we have no good insight into the decision making processes in GN'R and TB's role, but based on what previous managers have said, and also some hints from TB, it suggests they are providing advice and recommendations, but ultimately it is up to Axl to then decide and they to execute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, but not usually to question your strategic decisions. Like, you trust your driver to find the best route to the airport, and if you suggest a route and he tells you, "No, this way is better," than you trust that judgement because he's the expert, but you won't accept him to interfere with other parts of your business/operations. You hire management to realize your plans, not to tell you what the plans are supposed to be or to tell you how to get to the airport. You hire video creators to make you a video based on your vision, not to come up with that vision for you, or to tell you what route to take when driving to the airport. The point is, as a boss you hire people that are better at you at things that needs to be done, but the overall plans and strategy lies with you and your team. And the extent to which you empower your people/employees to make decisions within the limit of your plan/vision/idea, will vary. Sometimes you just give them the rough idea and they sketch out the details, other times you get into the details together with them.

So is the driver a yes man when he drives you to the airport? No, that's his job. He would be a yes man if he took your directions when he knew they were bad. Because it is his job to know the best way and he should speak out when a bad decision is made within his sphere of professionality. 

Is the management team a yes team if them do what Axl tells them to do? No, of course not, that's their job. But most likely they are hired to also provide advice on business decisions, and we must assume Team Brazil, like previous managers, offer Axl advice when they see fit. If hey are supposed to provide advice and they don't, especially if they feel a bad decision is made, then yes, they are yes men. Of course we have no good insight into the decision making processes in GN'R and TB's role, but based on what previous managers have said, and also some hints from TB, it suggests they are providing advice and recommendations, but ultimately it is up to Axl to then decide and they to execute. 

I think people don't understand what TB do. Its very clear on the bands website, TB manage the business affairs of Guns N Roses and one would presume Axl Rose. 

For what ever reason people seem to think TB do everything. TB have never stated publicly, that they are a record label, booking agent, concert promotor, an A & R representative, video production company, legal representatives etc.

From the outside, it' seems Axl has a lot of trust and faith in the Lebeis family and they offer him stability and loyalty within his own personal space. 

I think Vanessa plays a bigger part in Axl's day to day decision making, but flys under the radar compared to others in that family. 

That's understandable given members of the family have been involved in Axl's life for many years. 

The group that Axl has around him, seems to be working for Axl as he is clearly a very different person today, then 20 years ago, including being a much happier person in life.

It's clear Axl himself with the help of those around him has exercised some demons from his past. I would suggest if members of the Lebeis family have been involved in that, then they have done their jobs as managers... 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I think people don't understand what TB do. Its very clear on the bands website, TB manage the business affairs of Guns N Roses and one would presume Axl Rose. 

For what ever reason people seem to think TB do everything. TB have never stated publicly, that they are a record label, booking agent, concert promotor, an A & R representative, video production company, legal representatives etc.

From the outside, it' seems Axl has a lot of trust and faith in the Lebeis family and they offer him stability and loyalty within his own personal space. 

I think Vanessa plays a bigger part in Axl's day to day decision making, but flys under the radar compared to others in that family. 

That's understandable given members of the family have been involved in Axl's life for many years. 

The group that Axl has around him, seems to be working for Axl as he is clearly a very different person today, then 20 years ago, including being a much happier person in life.

It's clear Axl himself with the help of those around him has exercised some demons from his past. I would suggest if members of the Lebeis family have been involved in that, then they have done their jobs as managers... 

People think that the management's role is to force a release out from the artist. Even though Axl struggled a lot with CD, it wouldn't come out if didn't want to. It's the same thing now: the band is not releasing new music because Axl didn't want to work on it before. 

We don't even know if he's working on it right now, although it's very likely that home demos or even previous years recordings could be worked on (individually). It seems like everyone in the band but Axl would be more than ok to get together and write and release new things. Still, people think it's TB's job to force him to move on. He's not a baby.

• Like 4

I’m as sceptical about a new album as it gets but I think after they released the leftovers and are still going to release another pair of them and considering everybody is busy… everybody except of uncle Axl, it would be only logical if they had given Axl material to work on while they’re on tour. I think it’s a possibility that that’s what they have decided to do when they took a break for 2024. Slash and Duff doing solo stuff while Axl writing and recording new vocals. 

But because it’s the most logical thing, it simply won’t happen. You have to be a pessimist as a GNR fan. Otherwise you will be disappointed. That’s a principle I guess.

• GNFNR 1