Axl has his own Website now

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't and I explained why I can’t say that for sure. Now you can try to explain why you think he is lazy and not just suffering from insecurity and bipolar disorder. I would very much appreciate some nuanced and reflective thoughts from youy, if you have any. 

Furthermore, I think if Axl was lazy then people who knew him would have made a point about this. I can’t remember anyone who was in a conflict with him, including Slash, Steven, Matt and Duff, ever referring to him as lazy. And they probably would have when the critisized him. They called him crazy and a dictator and much else, but never lazy. That's quite telling. 

Also, Axl goes way beyond on the live shows, a lazy person would do the bare minimum. 

So in short, his lack of productivity is likely mainly caused by other issues than laziness. 

Axl likes live shows coz he loves being a rockstar. sure he likes it when it suits him, but the constant inviting of celebrities backstage, the parties, the demands etc etc. He loves the adulation too, and who could blame him. he doesn't even rehearse for it, so though you say he goes way beyond, actually he's putting in the bare minimum. He doesn't soundcheck, he barely rehearses, he doesnt do any interviews, no meet and greets no advertising or promotion for the shows. he literally flies in on a helicopter 5 minutes before the gig, plays it, then either mingles with celebs or immediately flies off again. 

The hard work is the constant rehearsing the same old shit, the daily interviews to promote in every area, the fan meet and greets, the writing recording promoting new music and going through the treadmill that literally every band does, no matter there size. he doesn't do that. You might argue he doesnt have to. judging by his inconsistent performances, the lack of new music and the dwindling ticket sales, I'd argue he does if he wants to be the best he can be. But he's decided he can get away with not doing that. That is also known as laziness. Of course you will undoubtedly blindly stick up for Axl. but can you name a musician that does less than him? I don't mean retired, or semi active. I mean artists that tour, and also promise new music? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't and I explained why I can’t say that for sure. Now you can try to explain why you think he is lazy and not just suffering from insecurity and bipolar disorder. I would very much appreciate some nuanced and reflective thoughts from youy, if you have any. 

Furthermore, I think if Axl was lazy then people who knew him would have made a point about this. I can’t remember anyone who was in a conflict with him, including Slash, Steven, Matt and Duff, ever referring to him as lazy. And they probably would have when the critisized him. They called him crazy and a dictator and much else, but never lazy. That's quite telling. 

Also, Axl goes way beyond on the live shows, a lazy person would do the bare minimum. 

So in short, his lack of productivity is likely mainly caused by other issues than laziness. 

Some people just look for any excuse to call others "lazy". Never understood that attitude but it probably comes from insecurity.

He did a lot of rehearsal and some promotional material for ACDC, but I guess he was working for them at the time and could take their instructions. With his mental health issues and being the 'leader' of the band as well as the one responsible for any critical feedback.(Noone will blame Fernando or Dizzy Reed if they don't like The General.) He probably feels too insecure or wants some negative feedback. 

20 minutes ago, siraddam said:

He did a lot of rehearsal and some promotional material for ACDC, but I guess he was working for them at the time and could take their instructions. With his mental health issues and being the 'leader' of the band as well as the one responsible for any critical feedback.(Noone will blame Fernando or Dizzy Reed if they don't like The General.) He probably feels too insecure or wants some negative feedback. 

Yep, Axl gets a LOT of the blame and flack for things going wrong with Guns N'Roses and I'm sure that makes him feel underappreciated, attacked , and insecure. Getting the blame and not a lot of praise. 😵‍💫

Edited by Karice

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It is not "sticking up" for Axl to argue that the reasons for his poor productivity is not laziness but crippling insecurity and mental issues. 😄 Arguing that it is just a case of good old laziness is much more complimentary to him and much less of a damning description than what I provide. But hey, I wouldn't expect you to get that, either. 

So you are saying that it's more complimentary to be lazy than to have mental health issues? That's so out of touch with reality and offensive, but hey I wouldn't expect you to get that either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Karice said:

Yep, Axl gets a LOT of the blame and flack for things going wrong with Guns N'Roses and I'm sure that makes him feel underappreciated, attacked , and insecure. Getting the blame and not a lot of praise. 😵‍💫

He gets the blame because its nearly always his fault. 

13 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Some people just look for any excuse to call others "lazy". Never understood that attitude but it probably comes from insecurity.

Or we just look at the evidence before our eyes and decide that 2+2 makes 4 in this case. Axl is beyond question Lazy. It is ignorant of the facts to suggest otherwise. Citing 2/3 examples over a 30 year period of him not being lazy does not mean he isn't lazy. You take it as a whole, and on the whole he has been incredibly lazy professionally. He can still be successful, despite being lazy. As he has proven. 

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

As for your argument that Axl refraining from media and publicity because he is "lazy", I would counter that it is better explained by him being a very private person who feel that the press has been out to get him. We know that is the case. 

ah yes, that press that have hounded him despite not giving a damn about him for nearly 30 years. Not really up on your popular culture. One could argue Axl seeks attention by constantly hanging out with flavour of the month celebrities. He just happened to be caught at restaurants and hotels with Lana del ray at the peak of her fame? Then there was pink, then carrie underwood... gearing up for that taylor swift duet next!

So why does he refrain from rehearsing? Is that Mental Health or he's a bit shy? can't be laziness. Not Uncle Ax'

Edited by JimiRose

On 4/28/2024 at 2:04 PM, SoulMonster said:

So we'll just ignore them comments from those you mentioned that he never turned up to rehearsal. We'll then also ignore the fact that producers of CD said he just wouldn't turn up for months, despite it all being paid for and people being there waiting. We'll then ignore josh freese, stinson etc who all said they'd record all these songs, without axl and then never even know if he even wrote lyrics to them. we'll also ignore bumblefoot and stinson who said he never rehearsed, even openly slating him on stage at rock in rio for it. We'll then look at the promotion for CD, the songs released since CD, the music videos. Oh but he rehearsed for ACDC? well done axl! Even a lazy person can occasionally make some effort. Just because  every few years he does a few weeks of hard work does not mean he isn't lazy overall. They never said the word lazy no. They also never said the word cunt. I don't believe they ever used the word dictator either. But we can use our brains and interpret what is said and the actions, then read between the lines. 

Your constant defending of Axl is beyond parody. Jarmo esque. Why are you offended by people calling axl lazy? especially when all the evidence points to it being true? You can scatter me occasions over a 30 year period where he has done some hard graft. No one is permanently lazy obviously! But professionally speaking, axl is fucking lazy. 

"lazy"? he co-wrote and sing on around 90 songs, and the guy is touring almost non stop since his 20's, that's not what I call lazy.

and it's only the part of the job we can see, obviously, I'm not talking about legal shit, promoting & strategy shit (it's not because
you don't go to the medias yourself than you don't decide/elaborate/create events), dealing with producers, record companies,
other members...you can't have a worldwide known rock band if you're "lazy".

could he be more productive on the songwriting department? hell yes, for what we know because we only can judge on what's released and we don't know shit about the real situation of what was recorded to this day. 

but I won't call someone who made it with that kind of magnitude, "lazy".

Edited by DeNfr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

So you are saying that it's more complimentary to be lazy than to have mental health issues? That's so out of touch with reality and offensive, but hey I wouldn't expect you to get that either. 

I was specifically referring to Axl's mental health which includes his bipolar disorder which has led to periods of severe depression and possible the reason behind at least one suicide attempt. So yes, that is worse than "just" being lazy ;) 

• Like 1

ah yes, that press that have hounded him despite not giving a damn about him for nearly 30 years. Not really up on your popular culture. One could argue Axl seeks attention by constantly hanging out with flavour of the month celebrities. He just happened to be caught at restaurants and hotels with Lana del ray at the peak of her fame? Then there was pink, then carrie underwood... gearing up for that taylor swift duet next!

So why does he refrain from rehearsing? Is that Mental Health or he's a bit shy? can't be laziness. Not Uncle Ax'

Yes, you could argue that Axl "seeks attention" and I will then laugh :lol: 

As for why he doesn't rehearse regularly with the band: I don't know. It can be laziness, of course, but I think it more comes down to him not seeing a need for it and also being wary of blowing out his voice. He did rehearse with AC/DC, likely because he there saw a need since they hadn't played together before and he had to practice with the band before going live..

Again, the reasons why I don't think Axl is lazy is simply because I think there are better explanations for his behavior and because if he was lazy other then people who actually know him would likely have referred to him as "lazy" at some point. 

So we'll just ignore them comments from those you mentioned that he never turned up to rehearsal. We'll then also ignore the fact that producers of CD said he just wouldn't turn up for months, despite it all being paid for and people being there waiting. We'll then ignore josh freese, stinson etc who all said they'd record all these songs, without axl and then never even know if he even wrote lyrics to them. we'll also ignore bumblefoot and stinson who said he never rehearsed, even openly slating him on stage at rock in rio for it. We'll then look at the promotion for CD, the songs released since CD, the music videos. Oh but he rehearsed for ACDC? well done axl! Even a lazy person can occasionally make some effort. Just because  every few years he does a few weeks of hard work does not mean he isn't lazy overall. They never said the word lazy no. They also never said the word cunt. I don't believe they ever used the word dictator either. But we can use our brains and interpret what is said and the actions, then read between the lines. 

Your constant defending of Axl is beyond parody. Jarmo esque. Why are you offended by people calling axl lazy? especially when all the evidence points to it being true? You can scatter me occasions over a 30 year period where he has done some hard graft. No one is permanently lazy obviously! But professionally speaking, axl is fucking lazy. 

No, we are not ignoring anything, I have already pointed to better explanations for his long periods of inactivity than "laziness".

When I wrote that they referred to him as a "dictator" you can be 100% sure that is true. You might not agree with my opinions but you should be intelligent enough to know that I know my stuff when it comes to the history of this band ;) 

Again, if you think that I am "defending" Axl by pointing to his debilitating insecurity and mental illness instead of just being "lazy" to explain his behavior over the years, then something is wrong with you.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl is one of the laziest musicians who’s ever lived. He’s basically retired. He gets to just show up for his concerts where he openly admits he doesn’t rehearse the new material, make money and leave. He has not (seriously) written music in over 20 years. I don’t even think it’s a debate. 

Couldn’t agree more 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl is one of the laziest musicians who’s ever lived. He’s basically retired. He gets to just show up for his concerts where he openly admits he doesn’t rehearse the new material, make money and leave. He has not (seriously) written music in over 20 years. I don’t even think it’s a debate. 

Axl has toured a lot and the shows were 3 hours or so, quite long. That must be very hard work...

He is not lazy. The thing is, Axl is a performer and not just a songwriter. What if he had released another 5 albums but would hardly tour them, would he not be lazy?

I'm tired of waiting for new music, but I wouldn't call Axl lazy. He just has different priorities. GNR is a business, they're making money and have toured the world many times.

Is Izzy lazy? He released a lot of music, but nobody knows where he is lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Yes, Axl didn't go to rehearsals most of the time - especially during the CD era he was rarely in the studio with the band - and he seemingly had periods of complete studio inactivity. However, we also know from various accounts that he sometimes worked alone at different hours (mostly at night when there was no one else in the studio).

The NuGnR members not knowing whether Axl had done anything with the songs they had worked on is not evidence for laziness. It just speaks to the fact that most of the time they just were not privy to what Axl was doing (which in turn may say something about the extent NuGnR was a "band"). For example, based only on what various members had said, it looked like Axl had not recorded a line of vocals until mid 2000 at least, and yet he had, as evidenced from the locker leaks.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Or we just look at the evidence before our eyes and decide that 2+2 makes 4 in this case. Axl is beyond question Lazy. It is ignorant of the facts to suggest otherwise.

Sure, if you ignore the evidence that he was diagnosed bipolar by a doctor. Or are we "ignorant to that fact"?

I wouldn't call someone who hitchhikers from Indiana,  to Los Angeles for the sole purpose of being a Rock Star "Lazy".

He already had created  'November Rain' and many other songs when he got off the bus.

Somewhere along the way he reached his breaking point.  The pain vs reward threshold for working on, and releasing new music becane diminishing returns,  in his mind,  especially since his body could no longer keep up with the music,  physically  

It was far less painful to struggle through the songs that made you "Great" then to dig deep down to try to create something, at the level,  and especially with reduced vocal talent and drive to do so.

So...we end up with the stalemate we've had since 2008.

The one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the balls on the guy not appearing to rehearsals with one of his all time favorite artists for such a huge event like the Freddie Mercury tribute, for the band he absolutely adores....

...and then killing it ferociously!

Nah, he's not lazy, he's just - to paraphrase someone who said it to him years ago - he's just always been a prick 😁

• Haha 1