Axl has his own Website now

I'd say he's lazy and also has some serious issues around all sorts of things, that have probably led to that laziness. 

He seems happier though, and I can't begrudge the guy that. I just selfishly want new music, but he's not prepared/willing/able to do that.....but that is what it is. A shame and a waste but his decision. 

• Like 2

Maybe Axl is like the Student who has a photographic memory, who can study ONCE and get an A+ while other students study for DAYS, and only get a C? 🤔 I don't know if I'm using the right analogy? 🤔

4 hours ago, Towelie said:

What irks me about Axl's lack of productivity is that GNR are my favourite band, bar none, and yet I never listen to them anymore. And I'm sure I'm not alone with that. 

No band will ever move me the way GNR did and I cherish all four of their proper albums, but it's just such slim pickings. There are bands I don't like anywhere near as much as GNR that I listen to far more regularly, simply because they have a wealth of material to discover.

It's a shame. I'd love to look forward to new releases from my favourite band, but life's a shit and rarely gives you what you want.

Same. There's only so much you can actually listen to such a small catalogue of work, after so many years. My listens to GNR are few and far between now because of that, and yeah, it is a real shame. I listen to bands I like a lot less than GNR a lot more. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Same. There's only so much you can actually listen to such a small catalogue of work, after so many years. My listens to GNR are few and far between now because of that, and yeah, it is a real shame. I listen to bands I like a lot less than GNR a lot more. 

Believe it or not, some Fans actually said they think that Guns N'Roses should have stopped after making Appetite For Destruction album and been a one album band. 😵‍💫 I said something like,"If they had stopped afterwards making Appetite For Destruction album, we wouldn't have IRS, Patience , November Rain, Coma, or Estranged. The Fans replied something like,"I don't like any of those five songs you mentioned, so that would have been fine with me." 😵‍💫

I mean, there’re still people out there who consider GNR a One Album Wonder. Somebody might say this is their opinion but to me they’re simply wrong. You can’t be a that if you have the UYI LPs in your discography.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Just look at the GH album. 14 tracks and only three from AFD.

YIKES. Only FOURTEEN TRACKS on the official Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits album? 🥶😵‍💫 A Fan made their own Greatest Hits album video and it had like 30 hits on there. 💡🤔

18 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Sure, if you ignore the evidence that he was diagnosed bipolar by a doctor. Or are we "ignorant to that fact"?

I know a lot of bipolar people. They don't just not turn up to work for 4 years. Or they don't turn up for the really fun attention part of the job and not the hard graft bit, such as rehearsal, practice and promotion. Bipolar would be an excuse then. But it seems to be very selective. All the things no one really wants to do but has to do, axl won't do. Was he diagnosed with selective bipolar? 

He can be lazy, which he clearly is and still do something he loves occasionally that is hard work, like a long show.  The lazy part is the being unrehearsed. Not many people in the world would deny axl is professionally lazy. It's not even a mud slinging thing, he just is. Not sure why 2/3 people here are insistent he isn't. peculiar. 

All the wild crazy theories out there about the band, this is one of the very few things we can be factual about. And still people won;t have it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

I wouldn't call someone who hitchhikers from Indiana,  to Los Angeles for the sole purpose of being a Rock Star "Lazy".

He already had created  'November Rain' and many other songs when he got off the bus.

Somewhere along the way he reached his breaking point.  The pain vs reward threshold for working on, and releasing new music becane diminishing returns,  in his mind,  especially since his body could no longer keep up with the music,  physically  

Lol he did that in like 1982 :facepalm: what's that gotta do with now? this has to be one of the silliest points ever made :lol: 

You can be one thing in one decade, and a completely different thing in another. When i was 20 i could run 10 miles in an hour. I'm now in my 30s and it'd probably take me 2 hours! No relevance. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because his behavior is better explained by pointing to his insecurities, long periods of depressions, manic periods, and a possible belief that rehearsals do more bad than good. Furthermore, there is nothing lazy about doing 3 hour shows when a lot less would be enough, and stepping in for AC/DC, especially considering Axl's stage fright. And finally, if he was truly lazy and that was a distinct part of his personality which shaped his behavior, that would have been pointed out by people around him, especially when people were attacking him in the media. He has been called all kinds of things, but as far as I can recall, never lazy by anyone he has feuded with. On the contrary, people - including Dizzy, Bumblefoot, Dj, Angus Young and Alan Niven - have made a point about telling about how hard he works.

To me it is clear that people who simplify this to Axl being "lazy" are themselves being intellectual lazy. They are either unable or unwilling to accept a much more complex explanation for what they observe. Which is human nature - we simply things so we don't have to deal with complexities that are beyond us, it's a coping mechanism for simpletons to navigate in a world that is too complex.

This entire post is a REALLY good point! 🤔💡😀 Worthy of the highest MyGNR Emoji reaction, the dolphin. 🐬

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because his behavior is better explained by pointing to his insecurities, long periods of depressions, manic periods, and a possible belief that rehearsals do more bad than good. Furthermore, there is nothing lazy about doing 3 hour shows when a lot less would be enough, and stepping in for AC/DC, especially considering Axl's stage fright. And finally, if he was truly lazy and that was a distinct part of his personality which shaped his behavior, that would have been pointed out by people around him, especially when people were attacking him in the media. He has been called all kinds of things, but as far as I can recall, never lazy by anyone he has feuded with. On the contrary, people - including Dizzy, Bumblefoot, Dj, Angus Young and Alan Niven - have made a point about telling about how hard he works.

To me it is clear that people who simplify this to Axl being "lazy" are themselves being intellectual lazy. They are either unable or unwilling to accept a much more complex explanation for what they observe. Which is human nature - we simply things so we don't have to deal with complexities that are beyond us, it's a coping mechanism for simpletons to navigate in a world that is too complex.

Axl beating stage fright is the equivalent of an obese guy beating anorexia.

He can have other issues, but that doesnt excuse his laziness. Finding a million different reasons to help you avoid the obvious one won't make any difference. he can be lazy and bipolar. he can be lazy and have other issues. doing things he enjoys does not mean he isnt lazy. It's not simplistic. It just is. He can also sporadically putting moments of hard graft and effort. but we are generalising over 30 years. and over those 30 years, he has been professionally lazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Axl beating stage fright is the equivalent of an obese guy beating anorexia.

He can have other issues, but that doesnt excuse his laziness. Finding a million different reasons to help you avoid the obvious one won't make any difference. he can be lazy and bipolar. he can be lazy and have other issues. doing things he enjoys does not mean he isnt lazy. It's not simplistic. It just is. He can also sporadically putting moments of hard graft and effort. but we are generalising over 30 years. and over those 30 years, he has been professionally lazy. 

No need to argue anymore, apparently the salient point is over everyone’s head. :lol:

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You’re precious 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure if Axl is lazy or not, he's slow to do anything productive. He's not grabbing life by the balls from what I see. He is a peculiar, unique character and I can't imagine anyone else wanting to try and manage him. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm not sure if Axl is lazy or not, he's slow to do anything productive. He's not grabbing life by the balls from what I see. He is a peculiar, unique character and I can't imagine anyone else wanting to try and manage him. 

Uh, Fernie manages Axl...💡😏😜😀😉🤭

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

No, they shouldn’t have stopped after AfD. As iconic as that album is, it was the UYI tour that catapulted them to the top of the rock world back then. With Appetite only, I’m not saying they would have been forgotten, but they wouldn’t have been anywhere near the position they finally achieved. 
What they should have done is settling the differences after a few years, stop bickering like kids, and reunite no later than in 2006 (or even 2002, as long as Axl wouldn’t have had that voice). Instead of that, they wasted another decade. And tempus fugit

Imagine if CD was released in 2001, they toured it from 2002-2004 and then reunited for an album in 2006 with Axl's vocal resurgence that year and Slash's riffs that ended up on his solo album.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Lol he did that in like 1982 :facepalm: what's that gotta do with now? this has to be one of the silliest points ever made :lol: 

You can be one thing in one decade, and a completely different thing in another. When i was 20 i could run 10 miles in an hour. I'm now in my 30s and it'd probably take me 2 hours! No relevance. 

Please share what you created that was among the top in your industry?

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am the laziest guy I know and still go to work every day, always on time. That’s no evidence. Axl being three ours+ on stage or we working months on selected peaces of music doesn’t mean that he’s not lazy.

Of course we don’t know him and do not know the true reasons why he decides to release music that seldom. I have no idea if he’s writing a shit load of new music, books or film scores in Malibu. But as long as he doesn’t release shit it’s totally ok to go with the obvious. No need to overanalyse things when someone calling Axl lazy when talking about to releasing music. It’s rather strange to tele diagnosis his mental health without knowing at what stage it is or what medication he’s taking. You just don’t know that shit but stubbornly defending Axl like you always do. It’s Axl, so you seemingly have to 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I am the laziest guy I know and still go to work every day, always on time. That’s no evidence. Axl being three ours+ on stage or we working months on selected peaces of music doesn’t mean that he’s not lazy.

Of course we don’t know him and do not know the true reasons why he decides to release music that seldom. I have no idea if he’s writing a shit load of new music, books or film scores in Malibu. But as long as he doesn’t release shit it’s totally ok to go with the obvious. No need to overanalyse things when someone calling Axl lazy when talking about to releasing music. It’s rather strange to tele diagnosis his mental health without knowing at what stage it is or what medication he’s taking. You just don’t know that shit but stubbornly defending Axl like you always do. It’s Axl, so you seemingly have to 😂

How is it defending Axl to point out that his lack of productivity is better explained by pointing to other mental quirks than laziness, like debilitating insecurity and polar disorder? :lol: 

It is not "overanalyzing" to take everything we know into consideration and providing a nuanced and more fitting explanation than oversimplifying because the alternative is too challenging. The latter is for simpletons who can't deal with the complexity of human nature.