Axl has his own Website now

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This reminded me of a tweet from the - now inactive - profile of one of Axl's cats (and many fans believed that it was Axl himself, which is likely):

I never saw anything on that profile to make me think it was operated by Axl himself. Every picture etc. had already circulated elsewhere. To be fair, I didn't read everything, because after reading some of it I figured it was fake/fan-operated, so maybe I missed something?

22 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I never saw anything on that profile to make me think it was operated by Axl himself. Every picture etc. had already circulated elsewhere. To be fair, I didn't read everything, because after reading some of it I figured it was fake/fan-operated, so maybe I missed something?

Some of the posts were very reminiscent of Axl's sense of humour. Although I guess it's fairly easy to emulate Axl's typing style on twitter, I don't think it's that easy to mimic his sense of humour. And then there were some links and reposts that fell into Axl's interests, e.g. a performance by a pianist from 1962. The account is also being followed by Dizzy's ex-wife Lisa, who has been close to Axl.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

2011 rock in rio

is your memory fuzzy? they didn't openly slate him on stage, it was quite the opposite. Axl said that he didn't want to be there and was obviously upset about his weak vocals and mistakes and Tommy told him that he didn't sing for a year before that show to comfort him.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

is your memory fuzzy? they didn't openly slate him on stage, it was quite the opposite. Axl said that he didn't want to be there and was obviously upset about his weak vocals and mistakes and Tommy told him that he didn't sing for a year before that show to comfort him.

:facepalm: going to assume english isn't your first language. 

he slated him sarcastically saying thats what happens when you dont rehearse for a year. I don't know if english is your first language or you may suffer from autism or something that means you take things literally rather than as attended, but i assure you, it was not to comfort him. it was him letting off steam and letting axl know how pissed off he was

• GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I found a previous discussion about the cat accounts. Apparently they were run by Randy Lahey from gnfnrs forum.

Yeah, I remember that but never saw any confirmation other that that claim.

21 hours ago, JimiRose said:

2011 rock in rio

At what part in the show?

9 hours ago, JimiRose said:

don't know if english is your first language or you may suffer from autism or something that means you take things literally rather than as attended

... Jesus Christ, man.

*intended*

I love when the people who yell "Speak English!" make elementary grammatical errors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

he slated him sarcastically saying thats what happens when you dont rehearse for a year. I don't know if english is your first language or you may suffer from autism or something that means you take things literally rather than as attended, but i assure you, it was not to comfort him. it was him letting off steam and letting axl know how pissed off he was

your language skills as a British guy with English as his first language are not exactly good enough to criticize others are they?

I think your original post highlighted the critic more instead of actually focusing on the reason it happened which was, as I said, to comfort Axl.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I remember that but never saw any confirmation other that that claim.

I don't have Twitter, so I've never followed this closely, but I have it on good authority (:P) that one of the cat accounts was indeed run by Randy Lahey and the other by SLAA. As far as I know, it was something they had fun with ages ago though, so I don't know if we're still talking about the same accounts from way back? As I said, I don't have Twitter or X, so can't check.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I don't have Twitter, so I've never followed this closely, but I have it on good authority (:P) that one of the cat accounts was indeed run by Randy Lahey and the other by SLAA. As far as I know, it was something they had fun with ages ago though, so I don't know if we're still talking about the same accounts from way back? As I said, I don't have Twitter or X, so can't check.

They started in 2011. The Dexter one posted until 2020 and the Dijon one (that looked clearly it was a fan account) until 2016.

Posted (edited)

I posted on the unofficial social media discussion thread a massive list of who that Dexter account follows,

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952sb4kyfknvj24wi2nsu

Never thought I'd be asking myself the question "Could Axl secretly be Belieber"?

If anyone wants to believe the cat account is Axl, you will also have to consider the possibility that "Axl" is a Belieber since he follows Justin Bieber. Or some trolls pretending to be Axl's cat thought it'd be funny to make Axl's cat a Belieber.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I posted on the unofficial social media discussion thread a massive list of who that Dexter account follows,

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952sb4kyfknvj24wi2nsu

Never thought I'd be asking myself the question "Could Axl secretly be Belieber"?

If anyone wants to believe the cat account is Axl, you will also have to consider the possibility that "Axl" is a Belieber since he follows Justin Bieber. Or some trolls pretending to be Axl's cat thought it'd be funny to make Axl's cat a Belieber.

I was wondering why you were linking to Justin Bieber videos in a Axl Thread and then I saw the explanation and it all made sense. I wonder if Axl and Justin will ever collaborate together (This is a random thought that popped into my head like two seconds ago, 😜🤔💡)

41 minutes ago, Karice said:

I was wondering why you were linking to Justin Bieber videos in a Axl Thread and then I saw the explanation and it all made sense. I wonder if Axl and Justin will ever collaborate together (This is a random thought that popped into my head like two seconds ago, 😜🤔💡)

Bieber is a Guns N Roses fan, so if Axl ever wanted to switch it up and do a pop song, and wanted to hang out with a younger person in the music industry, then (apart from the fact it's been ages since Axl recorded and released anything) it's not impossible.

https://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/metallica-the-beatles-guns-n-roses-music/

celebrities-wearing-gnr-t-shirts-v0-1iez

But that's only if Axl actually likes Bieber and thinks he has something he wants to contribute to Bieber's music.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Bieber is a Guns N Roses fan, so if Axl ever wanted to switch it up and do a pop song, and wanted to hang out with a younger person in the music industry, then (apart from the fact it's been ages since Axl recorded and released anything) it's not impossible.

https://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/metallica-the-beatles-guns-n-roses-music/

celebrities-wearing-gnr-t-shirts-v0-1iez

But that's only if Axl actually likes Bieber and thinks he has something he wants to contribute to Bieber's music.

I REALLY hate to say this, but Justin looks like a junkie in that picture. 😵‍💫

18 hours ago, JimiRose said:

You might want to watch the video again. The audio is muffled, but I believe Tommy is saying something along the lines of "I'm having a great time and it sounds good considering we haven't seen each other in a year." He was trying to encourage Axl. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

your language skills as a British guy with English as his first language are not exactly good enough to criticize others are they?

I think your original post highlighted the critic more instead of actually focusing on the reason it happened which was, as I said, to comfort Axl.

I are sure you language skills is much better that my skills :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I are sure you language skills is much better that my skills :D

thanks, that's nice of you to say. btw, sometimes, some limitations lead to a more fun style of expression like how you express yourself in your posts for example. :heart:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I love your posts, your ability to laugh at yourself means more than any grammar mistakes. 

You are awesome :hug:

Awww!!  Same to you :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1