Axl has his own Website now

17 hours ago, Ratam said:

I think if Axl write now his autobiography and relate "his" true he would put in risk  his  relationship with Slash again. Just my feel

And hasn't Slash already put his relationship with Axl at risk by recording a blues album with many different vocalists?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Instead of a BOOK, wouldn't say a 3 hour TV  Interview where Axl tells all the  major details of his life be more realistic in 2024? 💡 Books aren't really the hot commodity they were say when Axl was around 32. In 1994, Books were highly popular. In 2024, Books have been declining in popularity for a VERY long time. Scream 4 even said,"No one reads anymore!" And Scream 4 was filmed in 2010 and released in 2014,  9 and 10 years ago. 💡 I could see a three hour TV Interview going REALLY well for Axl, a BOOK, I don't see going over all that well in 2024. 💡

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

Instead of a BOOK, wouldn't say a 3 hour TV  Interview where Axl tells all the  major details of his life be more realistic in 2024? 💡 Books aren't really the hot commodity they were say when Axl was around 32. In 1994, Books were highly popular. In 2024, Books have been declining in popularity for a VERY long time. Scream 4 even said,"No one reads anymore!" And Scream 4 was filmed in 2010 and released in 2014,  9 and 10 years ago. 💡 I could see a three hour TV Interview going REALLY well for Axl, a BOOK, I don't see going over all that well in 2024. 💡

Make it a 10 hour interview

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Karice said:

Tv is probably declining in popularity more. What would be great is if he just did a podcast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

Make it a 10 hour interview

Interestingly enough, Axl spent roughly 10 hours in Jail for inadvertently inciting the infamous Riverport Concert Riot. 💡😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

It's a good point that one - would any of us be absolutely devastated if they announced they had split tomorrow? 

They've done the big tour, we've all seen it (a lot have seen it multiple times) and barring small upticks (I thought the last run was way better than the 2022 one, which was pretty crappy) it probably is going to be diminishing returns from here on. 

Sure a lot of people will always take the opportunity to go and see them when they come nearby.....but would anyone be absolutely devastated at this stage? If there's no progress on new music it would seem to me splitting wouldn't make a massive amount of difference to a lot of people. 

I didn't even go last time they were around.

My last concert was BlackBerry Smoke at Tivoli Utrecht. Smaller venue, cheaper tickets and better suited music for my aging ears.

Without new music I'm pretty much done GNR-wise. I just come here still hoping for a surprise.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 3

Nah, I believe shit is coming, it's just that Axl's sense of time is from a different solar system, apparently. I wonder what in the flying fuck he's doing when he's home for a year or so. Fucks (Beta-approved) groupies, feeds his animals, parties, polishes Eye On You for the 57th time, tosses used band-aids over the fence instead of wine bottles? God knows. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Lio said:

A book is forever, a podcast or tv show is not. 

An autobiography would be for the fans who would gladly invest some time into reading it, instead of having a podcast on in the background or watching a tv show after work. Some things are worth your time.

I would be devastated if they split tomorrow. Well, maybe devastated is a strong word, but I would be very sad at least. I still enjoy the shows, as do many, many people.

I don't mean a one off podcast where he is a guest for an hour or so. I mean a situation where he has a recurring podcast, some episodes just him others with guests. An episode with Izzy ect. That would be very interesting although a book would last forever I get what you mean. 

• Like 1

I would be upset if they broke up again, I haven't had the chance to see them in concert yet and I finally have a vehicle and the money to go when they start touring again, so don't you all put that bad juju out there just yet! They can break up after I see them if they want lol, I maybe in the minority here, but I'd rather take a book over any interview. Axl doesn't do well in interviews, it wouldn't matter to me how long or how long winded the book would be, it would be read within a day 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would be disappointed. I broke my foot three days before the GNR show at MetLife. I didn't have the chance to see them last year. Additionally, seeing GNR  is my enjoyment. When you work for a high pressure company and have to deal with  some other stress,  you want to do things that bring you enjoyment. Eventually GNR will cease to exist.

Why would any fan want to rush the inevitable? Go to the concert and enjoy the music. There will come a day where either you or GNR will not be able to do so. 

Wow- that is shitty. Sorry to hear that! 

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Tbh would it matter if they split? they've been reunited 8 years and probably played the biggest longest reunion tour of any big band reunion in history. We've all seen the shows, multiple times, they've played pretty much everything they can. There's been some great shows, but steadily they have been getting worse. The stage show is now non existent. If the GnR reunion was a tv series, it would be cancelled now after 8 season with all story arcs told.

I agree, they've jumped the dolphin shark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:37 PM, Blackstar said:

There's absolutely nothing suggesting it's about an autobiography, since it turned out that the book related site the (fake) quote is from is irrelevant and a scam.

But even if it's just about merch, I think it's positive that he's finally doing something under his own name.

i think it's positive news too. Besides, it's good that Axl posted current photos of what he looks like now. Contrary to appearances, this is also very important.

• Like 4

On 4/19/2024 at 5:55 PM, themadcaplaughs said:

This. Also, we know that Axl's writing tends to not follow the most conventional methods and be more impressionistic. If the book is what Axl is really doing, I imagine it would be more of Axl reflecting on major events in his life (particularly his childhood and early adulthood) and discussing how those affected him as a person, artist, and songwriter/lyricist. Of course, I'm sure there will be portions about his experience with Guns N' Roses, but I imagine it would be less like Slash, Duff, Steven, or Matt's books which are laid out as "here are the big events during the band's run with my thoughts on them." 

Also, Axl seems at a relatively peaceful place even compared to where he was at the end of the run of "nuGNR". Obviously, he has mended fences with Duff, Slash and (to a degree) Steven. He seems to be in an amicable place with Erin Everly. Given this and Axl's generally private nature, I do not imagine this will be a book like Matt's (or at least the one that leaked) where the intention seems to be "settling the score" on decades old feuds. Again, we likely have a manuscript to that effect in the "vault", but there'd be no issue in releasing that now given that many of the issues seem to have been resolved.  

I would really like it to be a book. Would this jeopardize his relationship with Slash? I do not think so. these are grown men. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that slash and the rest would have read his book before its release. Plus, let's not forget about the things and nastiness that slash wrote about Axl in his book. each of them has their own point of view. If Duff and Slash wrote their feelings and memories in their books, then Axl can too, whether anyone likes it or not. Axl may have his own world and we often don't understand it, like many people we meet in life, but it would be nice to get to know his world and point of view at least a little.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wow- that is shitty. Sorry to hear that! 

Thanks! It was a freak accident as well. That day and the following days after that, I wondered if I was able to walk again or even how I would walk considering I had previous surgeries as a kid to correct club feet.  I'm fully recovered now. 

This is why I keep saying whenever you, JimiRose, or someone  says that GNR should not keep touring. You never know what can  happen in your own life. I never expected that I would have gotten into an accident that would sideline me from work for 4.5 months. I never expected to miss a concert seeing my all-time favorite band nor missing out on social events such as two women being interested in me.  It happened and now I have to move forward. Additionally, one day GNR will stop touring either by their own accord or something will happen health wise to them. Why rush the inevitable?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Thanks! It was a freak accident as well. That day and the following days after that, I wondered if I was able to walk again or even how I would walk considering I had previous surgeries as a kid to correct club feet.  I'm fully recovered now. 

This is why I keep saying whenever you, JimiRose, or someone  says that GNR should not keep touring. You never know what can  happen in your own life. I never expected that I would have gotten into an accident that would sideline me from work for 4.5 months. I never expected to miss a concert seeing my all-time favorite band nor missing out on social events such as two women being interested in me.  It happened and now I have to move forward. Additionally, one day GNR will stop touring either by their own accord or something will happen health wise to them. Why rush the inevitable?  

I don't really mean they SHOULD stop touring, as people clearly enjoy it, as did I on the last leg.....just if they did, it wouldn't matter like it would have mattered a few years ago. 

It would feel a lot more 'right' for them to split now than probably at any time in their history in my view. If there's no forward motion of course. 

• Like 1