Axl has his own Website now

56 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Most useless "News" section in the history of the internet ???

Yep! The world throws out a single breadcrumb about something/anything that could possibly be GNR related, on a very minor scale, and this site creates 500 pages to discuss.

Remember the Spotify "algorithms" and the album that HAD to be right around the corner ?

Now, we have an Axl Rose poorly constructed website, that could be real...or fake, and we are thinking its a lead to a solo album or an autobiography!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Yep! The world throws out a single breadcrumb about something/anything that could possibly be GNR related, on a very minor scale, and this site creates 500 pages to discuss.

Remember the Spotify "algorithms" and the album that HAD to be right around the corner ?

Now, we have an Axl Rose poorly constructed website, that could be real...or fake, and we are thinking its a lead to a solo album or an autobiography!

Whatever its purpose is, the website is not fake. It's real, and it's been launched and is operated by Live Nation, so naturally there's been speculation about what that may mean.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Interestingly, someone noticed this site before us in late March, and tried (and failed, the archiving website  couldn't get the page) at archiving it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240000000000*/www.officialaxlrose.com/

Yeah, I saw that.

Also when the homepage comes up in google search, it has the introduction from the wikipedia article on Axl (so it seems that the developers originally used wikipedia as a source).

Edited by Blackstar

9 hours ago, Barlog said:

solo album confirmed

I thought this, but the rational angel on my shoulder reminded him not to expect any music. However, the wishful thinking child in me would love more bucket/Axl tunes...... Are they mates? Did bucket leave on good terms? 

Edited by jimisbatman

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Of course it's official. It's unmistakable amateurish with lower case "rose" and one-sided quotation mark:

image.png.a3eea44df27c8d006854b22cdf813429.png

Yeah, the copy on the website is utter shit, lol. 

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Of course it's official. It's unmistakable amateurish with lower case "rose" and one-sided quotation mark:

image.png.a3eea44df27c8d006854b22cdf813429.png

Yeah, the copy on the website is utter shit, lol. 

• Like 1

I always thought it would have made more sense to release his solo stuff as a solo artist so hopefully this is him doing that.

Get rid of all that Chinese stuff and do a Guns album with Guns

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I always thought it would have made more sense to release his solo stuff as a solo artist so hopefully this is him doing that.

Get rid of all that Chinese stuff and do a Guns album with Guns

"all that Chinese stuff" is probably the most you're going to get from Gn'R if we're not talking years from now, and I highly doubt that Axl is suddenly going to release all that Chinese stuff under his own name after releasing 4 Chinese singles under the Gn'R name with Slash and Duff.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

"all that Chinese stuff" is probably the most you're going to get from Gn'R if we're not talking years from now, and I highly doubt that Axl is suddenly going to release all that Chinese stuff under his own name after releasing 4 Chinese singles under the Gn'R name with Slash and Duff.

You’re probably right. But CD was supposedly a trilogy and Slash gave the impression that they only reworked like 6 songs. 

Maybe Axl can see that those songs are not going down well with Guns fans so might release other stuff separately. 

Probably the most likely scenario is that nothing at all happens until a new tour is announced :lol:

31 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

You thinking about that Elvis Prestley song he made a cover of and that track about the devil that he did all on his own? Because that Chinese Democracy material was not solo songs but collaborative efforts. 

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

You’re probably right. But CD was supposedly a trilogy and Slash gave the impression that they only reworked like 6 songs. 

Maybe Axl can see that those songs are not going down well with Guns fans so might release other stuff separately. 

Probably the most likely scenario is that nothing at all happens until a new tour is announced :lol:

do you think Axl chose to release Absurd as the first single of the current lineup cause the top priority in his mind was how the material was going to be accepted by Gn'R fans? or did he do that more for himself?

my guess is that maybe it's nice for him when some fans enjoy what he chooses to release, but that it's more about finishing what he started and then maybe he'll move on from it after all the old Chinese tunes that he wants to release are out there, officially.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

do you think Axl chose to release Absurd as the first single of the current lineup cause the top priority in his mind was how the material was going to be accepted by Gn'R fans? or did he do that more for himself?

my guess is that maybe it's nice for him when some fans enjoy what he chooses to release, but that it's more about finishing what he started and then maybe he'll move on from it after all the old Chinese tunes that he wants to release are out there, officially.

Spot on. 

30 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Or maybe he was actually testing the waters with Silk Worms, yes, it’s possible. Could have been a whim. Could have been a bet. Could have been incited by the other guys (unlikely, though). Could have been a number of things. (He also mentioned on the stage some joke that people don’t get regarding this song; I think someone here commented on that, but I’ve probably forgotten what it was about... granted it was ever explained at all.) 

I wouldn’t mind him releasing a large number of CD2 tunes as part of the new album, as long as there are at least a few new/Slash/90s songs. But it's still not hard to understand that to many people – and especially the casuals, who are the ones filling the stadiums after all – Axl’s NuGNR (CD) era was indeed just a solo effort, regardless of the fact he always kept the band’s name. And so I see why some folks would want him to get the CD2 stuff out of his system first and then release a brand new album made by the original three and containing their own songs, even if from the 90s. It's not rocket science and most bands would do it this way. We're just so immersed in this band fandom that we've sort of gotten used to thinking that everything is impossible. Anyway... it probably won’t happen like this, but it’s a valid point of view nonetheless. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Or maybe he was actually testing the waters with Silk Worms, yes, it’s possible. Could have been a whim. Could have been a bet. Could have been incited by the other guys (unlikely, though). Could have been a number of things. (He also mentioned on the stage some joke that people don’t get regarding this song; I think someone here commented on that, but I’ve probably forgotten what it was about... granted it was ever explained at all.) 

I wouldn’t mind him releasing a large number of CD2 tunes as part of the new album, as long as there are at least a few new/Slash/90s songs. But it's still not hard to understand that to many people – and especially the casuals, who are the ones filling the stadiums after all – Axl’s NuGNR (CD) era was indeed just a solo effort, regardless of the fact he always kept the band’s name. And so I see why some folks would want him to get the CD2 stuff out of his system first and then release a brand new album made by the original three and containing their own songs, even if from the 90s. It's not rocket science and most bands would do it this way. We're just so immersed in this band fandom that we've sort of gotten used to thinking that everything is impossible. Anyway... it probably won’t happen like this, but it’s a valid point of view nonetheless. 

but he said he wanted to release Absurd back in 2013 if I'm not mistaken

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but he said he wanted to release Absurd back in 2013 if I'm not mistaken

Possible. But that would have been CD2, the NuGuns era. It's different now, isn't it. Anyway, I don't think it changes anything about what I wrote below that. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Possible. But that would have been CD2, the NuGuns era. It's different now, isn't it. Anyway, I don't think it changes anything about what I wrote below that. 

yes, very good. all opinions are valid. I never thought otherwise or tried to present my opinions as fact. must we go through this shit everytime we're trying to discuss Gn'R? you seem to have a need to repeat how it's not black and white, how it's open to speculation, etc. I realize that.

and also, btw, I don't consider Chinese Democracy to be a Gn'R album, but everything that you've said in your post doesn't change what I said in my original post in this thread about why I think that Axl is releasing his Chinese material. mostly for himself, mostly to finish what he started.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yes, very good. all opinions are valid. I never thought otherwise or tried to present my opinions as fact. must we go through this shit everytime we're trying to discuss Gn'R? you seem to have a need to repeat how it's not black and white, how it's open to speculation, etc. I realize that.

and also, btw, I don't consider Chinese Democracy to be a Gn'R album, but everything that you've said in your post doesn't change what I said in my original post in this thread about why I think that Axl is releasing his Chinese material. mostly for himself, mostly to finish what he started.

Well if I repeat that things are not black-or-white, as you say, then that’s because I often generally see black-or-white approaches here. Otherwise, I don’t know what you mean by "going through this shit". @jacdaniel had a good point, that’s all I’m saying. Or am I not allowed to react?
Yes, your guess is as good as anyone else’s, and vice versa. And since nothing is black-or-white (really, again!?), Axl definitely might be releasing these demos to finish something, but on the other hand has to think of the fans as well (again, the majority of which want to hear some more classic GNR/Slash-based tunes and not stuff like The General). 
We’re just talking here, man. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Well if I repeat that things are not black-or-white, as you say, then that’s because I often generally see black-or-white approaches here. Otherwise, I don’t know what you mean by "going through this shit". @jacdaniel had a good point, that’s all I’m saying. Or am I not allowed to react?
Yes, your guess is as good as anyone else’s, and vice versa. And since nothing is black-or-white (really, again!?), Axl definitely might be releasing these demos to finish something, but on the other hand has to think of the fans as well (again, the majority of which want to hear some more classic GNR/Slash-based tunes and not stuff like The General). 
We’re just talking here, man. 

even when you use the word "definitely" you follow it with the word "might". are you aware that you invest a lot of words and time in making sure that everyone knows that it's open ended, opinion based, etc? did I say that @jacdaniel didn't have a good point? I was just sharing my thoughts about how I see it. I hope that's ok.

I don't care much about what the majority wants. I try to see it for what it is, not what I want it to be. I think that beggars can't be choosers anyway. I believe that everything we get from now on is a bonus,

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

even when you use the word "definitely" you follow it with the word "might". are you aware that you invest a lot of words and time in making sure that everyone knows that it's open ended, opinion based, etc? did I say that @jacdaniel didn't have a good point? I was just sharing my thoughts about how I see it. I hope that's ok.

I don't care much about what the majority wants. I try to see it for what it is, not what I want it to be. I think that beggars can't be choosers anyway. I believe that everything we get from now on is a bonus,

Dude, I really don’t know with you. You reacted to something, offering your point of view. I reacted to something, offering mine. You take it weirdly and get all defensive. You say "I was just sharing my thoughts" – well, what do you think I was doing? It seems to me you take the conversations here very personally, or at least a bit too seriously. Or do you expect just to post things with people either constantly agreeing with you or otherwise not reacting at all? 
As for the majority of the fans, I was just describing what could be logically expected and what Axl certainly can’t not take into consideration, that's all. There’s nothing wrong with speculations etc. 
Anyway, take it easy, gotta go. 

• Confused 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Dude, I really don’t know with you. You reacted to something, offering your point of view. I reacted to something, offering mine. You take it weirdly and get all defensive. You say "I was just sharing my thoughts" – well, what do you think I was doing? It seems to me you take the conversations here very personally, or at least a bit too seriously. Or do you expect just to post things with people either constantly agreeing with you or otherwise not reacting at all? 
As for the majority of the fans, I was just describing what could be logically expected and what Axl certainly can’t not take into consideration, that's all. There’s nothing wrong with speculations etc. 
Anyway, take it easy, gotta go. 

what is there to take personally here? everytime someone disagrees with you, you take it very poorly and you end the discussion. I suggest you take a look at the loop you're in instead of projecting whatever it is going on with you on me, as I'm simply doing what I've always done around here, trying to discuss Gn'R here with other people without it being silly like you, yet again, explaining to everyone how we should always leave room for interpretation and respect each others opinion. I feel like instead of focusing on the topic at hand, you just keep repeating yourself so thought I should let you know so maybe you'll see that I'm already aware of that.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

You thinking about that Elvis Prestley song he made a cover of and that track about the devil that he did all on his own? Because that Chinese Democracy material was not solo songs but collaborative efforts. 

Slash released a solo album that was largely collaborative efforts. But it was all his material and ideas which is why it’s classified as solo. 

CD era is the same. It’s almost all Axls stuff with other people just adding parts. 

Even with Slash in Guns, I still consider that Axls solo stuff

I think it would be really cool if he released a bunch of that stuff as a solo artist. And hopefully one day they get together and make something together as Guns N Roses. 

22 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Slash released a solo album that was largely collaborative efforts. But it was all his material and ideas which is why it’s classified as solo. 

CD era is the same.

But it wasn't "all his material and ideas". Brain and Josh and Robin and Dizzy and Bucket, etc, came up with a lot of those ideas. Just compare Sorry from Village Leaks to the final version or Shackler's. They were the same songs before Axl had any input (as far as we know). If Axl had written then songs with input from session musicians, then yes, it would be a solo effort. But this was the case of band members all bringing in ideas for songs in a collaborative environment. And yes, Axl eventually had the final say, but that is also not that different from many other bands.

• Like 3