☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

DJ didn't butcher his NR solo.

Mark it down. Nicest thing I'll ever say about him.

You sure? :lol: Listen to that shit again. With headphones now.

Heard it? Pretty bad, yes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll do a full review soon but dear Lord what Ashba has done to SOD is "The Ashba disaster" worthy.

Edited by Bruno P.

DJ didn't butcher his NR solo.

Mark it down. Nicest thing I'll ever say about him.

You sure? :lol: Listen to that shit again. With headphones now.

Heard it? Pretty bad, yes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll do a full review soon but dear Lord what Ashba has done to SOD is "The Ashba disaster" worthy.

I grade him on a curve. :lol:

This was the first FULL concert I've seen since RIR3 and the first full concert I've seen of the "new new" band and to be honest, I felt ill afterwards. So much so, that I'm no longer a fan of the current band at all. I love Axl, I respect Tommy and I think Richard and Ron are nice enough guys but, no...it's just embarrassing. I know some of you love the band, and that's fine, but this thing is flat out embarrassing to everything we all love about the name GNR. It's so fucking sad to see a once mighty unstoppable force relegated to playing Vegas like the last days of Elvis. I mean...GNR...a Vegas act...it makes me feel like puking.

I love the original band and CD is a good album but, it's time to throw in the towel if Axl isn't going to get back together Slash, Izzy and Duff.

Some songs sounds really good to me like Jungle, ISE, and a few others but Axl does sound off at times. Not the worst I have heard but far from the best - I personally would rather watch the live stream of the 2011 LA Forum show because Axl was more on it there

Also as people have already noted DJ is in full glory, especially in the SOD solo lol

Once again, take the test.....

If you're thinking it's sounding good, just play that bitch in front of someone else that's not biased and watch what happens.

It'll bring you back down to earth.

I gotta say, I do think fans are a lot more forgiving than the average Joe would be. I have shown Youtube videos to friends/family in the past who have been quite shocked (and not in a good way) at Axl's live vocals. And some of those videos were 2010.

I don't really care about what the average Joe would think. I used to, but not anymore. The band isn't a popular act anymore, so why would I worry about that?

Having said that, I do think the non-biased people are more willing to forgive stuff like Ashba butchering SOD or Better. The problem now is more on Axl than on the fact that members aren't Slash IMO.

Just picked it up yesterday as I just got home from Europe. Only watched the first half hour or so so far, and not on my main system. I don't have much to say about the performance that hasn't been said yet - some songs sound pretty good, others not so much. Unnecessary filler shots of the Vegas Strip before ISE are unnecessary. My big gripe so far is the video processing - the cross-processing-esque filter they use on some shots (Most of the shots of Frank come to mind, for example) looks horrendous. I have to go back and re-watch it, but is there additional CGI pyro at the beginning of Jungle? :lol: The cinematography is good - I like the angles in use, the pacing of the editing is nice, etc - nicely done Rockfuel :) That said...the images look extremely soft to me. And I'll wait until I get a chance to watch this on my regular system, but most of the shots seem to lack any good amount of detail. The closeups are good, but any of those wide panning shots, the GoPro cams mounted on the ramps (I admit, I do love the placement of these cams...), etc. all look very soft to me. Interested to see how it looks in 3D, I'll have to check it out on my friend's system as I don't have a 3D TV.

OMG ... I just found something funny ... watch this:

Look at Richard Fortus clothes, hat and guitar @ 6m48s .... In the instants before and after that, he's wearing other clothes, no hat and he is using another guitar.

I hope the DVD doesn't have this kind of shit : :lol:
  • Like 3