How do you cook steak?

wasted

Mate, its either fuckin cooked or its not, whats this fuckin rare medium rare bollocks, you mop your steak up in blood and im the fuckin animal? :lol:

top debate poster of 2015

real talk though, medium rare, seared before grilling to seal juices in. anything past medium is ruined.
Edited by bacardimayne

I'm extra cautious, cooking it completely so I do not find myself with worms coming out of my rectum.

That's the thing, I don't know about UK standards for pork, but the US standards have all but eliminated Trichinae. It also dies at in the 130's, as long as it is held for a couple minutes. 160 kills it instantly, that's why the FDA adopted that temperature. There is no risk cooking pork to 145, and you don't have to put up with an inferior cooked cut of meat.

Axlisold is correct as here in America pork is raised so trichinosis is not longer a worry. That being said I cook my pork so that there is just a hint of pink left and I mean you can barely notice it. They have breed U.S. pork to be so lean now that if you cook it any longer it gets dry as shit and hard to swallow........

One think I do not do with pork is salt it before I grille it as it comes out too salty IMHO

that is how i cook my pork as well.

• Like 1

Kind of over cooked it. But the oil tasted better than butter. I used to dry fry it and it would bend up like a banana.

Maybe I'll just go to Morton's next time.

Some just aint built for all that Keith Floyd mularkey :lol: I wish i knew Dies', he sounds like he knows his way around a bit of meat, if you get my meaning, all that bernaise sauce game'd go down a treat after a skinful eh?

Food dont taste as good if you cook it yourself, i find.

Edited by Len B'stard

I had 5 steaks. i cooked 2 but i forgot to freeze the other 3. So Ive got 3 more I have to eat. Do over!

So 2 more tonight. Some sort of tortilla wrap with refried beans.

Then tomorrow morning I'll have a steak for breakfast with eggs. Then the steak ordeal will be over.

Cor - steak. My favoured 'death row, last meal' food. Not that I'm in prison or anything.

Should be fine with the extra virgin olive oil. And it's better, mostly, if you get it from a proper butcher and not the supermarket.

Too late for that mate he's fucked it up.

Haha. There's always another chance.

Sometimes I mess it up and the steak is watery and horrible and other times it's perfect. Not quite sure why. Maybe the quality of the meat or variance of my 'skills'

I had 5 steaks. i cooked 2 but i forgot to freeze the other 3. So Ive got 3 more I have to eat. Do over!

So 2 more tonight. Some sort of tortilla wrap with refried beans.

Then tomorrow morning I'll have a steak for breakfast with eggs. Then the steak ordeal will be over.

Meat monster! You might turn into the Mickey Rourke character in The Wrestler.

The great thing about steak is you can cook it numerous different ways. Super simple with salt/pepper and a little oil. Or spend an hour making and reducing a marinade that you eventually cool it in. Or grill or broil. I probably have 20 different ways. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

But agree with Len. People who like the blood dripping out of their steak are savages.

Steak-room temperature-season-pan-medium high-olive oil in pan till smoke-steak in pan-three minutes per side-add some fresh thyme while cooking-flip-add butter yeah-baste-remove-serve-done

Why does your post look like Lark Voorhies' book?

Haha.......

I actually played the role Of Gordon Ramsay on this one.

Fucking delicious.