Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

On 30/03/2016 at 3:36 AM, goneshootin said:

Great forum you guys have here. I'm a huge AC/DC fan (they're my favorite band), and also loved the Axl/Slash/etc GNR albums. AFD is probably my 2nd favorite album ever. I'm actually a bit encouraged by how optimistic some of you are that Axl could pull off the AC/DC tour if the rumors end up being true. As some of you have mentioned, there's a lot of negativity from AC/DC fans about these rumors. I think you have to keep in mind that there are a number of reasons for this, and yes Axl is one of those reasons for many folks, but it is way more than that. Many of us loved Brian Johnson, as a singer and seemingly an all around good guy, and based on the rumors floating online, I think a lot of folks are pissed off and feeling he has been mistreated. That combined with some of the other lineup changes - Malcolm Young retiring and a different drummer - and its starting to feel like a different band to many. I would imagine it is pretty similar to what die-hard GNR fans went through when Slash and Duff moved on and Axl created basically a new band with the same name. 

As far as Axl goes, fair or unfair I think the perception of him from those of us who haven't remained die-hard GNR fans in the post-Illusion era is that he is a bit of a headcase and it is hard to tell what to expect from him, when he will show up or not, etc. I haven't followed the new-GNR enough to know if that is still the case, but obviously it was back in the late 80s/early 90s. If anything, it will certainly be interesting how it plays out if this happens, because Angus tends to be almost militaristic about the AC/DC shows - same set list, same banter, and you can set your watch to when the shows begin and end. 

I know some of you have tried to visit the AC/DC forum, which appears to be temporarily closed, so I tried summarizing the common thoughts from hundreds of postings over there on the topic. 

In any case, I hope the GNR reunion shows go well regardless of what else Axl does in his spare time, and hoping to see them when they hit NYC. 

Welcome!

Believe it or not, I started out here as a refugee from the official AC/DC forum over a decade ago. There are a few of us here! ;) 

Have there actually been any developments on this?

Even at the time of it leaking it seemed like a headline-grabber, a lot like the fight at LAX back in 2009 when no-one had seen Axl for several years and it managed to make the news right in time for the first shows.

3 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

hes only doing the American dates supposedly

If Brian will do the Euro tour in May, then what is the need of any other singer for the rescheduled dates which will supposedly happen later this year? 

I have a feeling that this euro tour will be cancelled too. 

It's strange that absolutely nothing has been said by the band regarding the European dates and yet time keeps ticking away. If the plan is to have Brian do those dates then they might want to say something because I think most people with tickets to those shows would like to know what's going on. A quick glance at their forums and it seems that many people are on the fence about just using their travel/ticket insurance and not going at all. AC/DC is notoriously silent but all the same with a situation like this a couple words might be helpful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, James Bond said:

It's strange that absolutely nothing has been said by the band regarding the European dates and yet time keeps ticking away. If the plan is to have Brian do those dates then they might want to say something because I think most people with tickets to those shows would like to know what's going on. A quick glance at their forums and it seems that many people are on the fence about just using their travel/ticket insurance and not going at all. AC/DC is notoriously silent but all the same with a situation like this a couple words might be helpful.

Yeah I agree, I (luckily) saw them last year on the first Euro leg of this tour. But I would actually might try to get tickets for one of the current Euro shows if Axl is replacing Brian (very slim chance, I know). But its all quiet over there, and the first Euro show is in just 3 weeks.

I figured Axl's foot situation would either cancel or postpone the AC/DC thing. If guns does Europe after NA, then when is he supposed to be available for AC/DC? The broken foot might not effect guns shows, but it might end any chance of Axl/DC.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, James Bond said:

It will be really bad for the people who are traveling from far away, Im not a hardcore AC/DC fan, So I won't travel a very long distance to watch them, but for GNR, I will do and there will be many AC/DC fans who will be traveling from Asia or Middle East to Europe just to see them.

The airfare and hotels are not cheap, many times its totally non refundable, so those fans will be really hurt and pissed. 

Its better AC/DC makes an announcement soon.

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I figured Axl's foot situation would either cancel or postpone the AC/DC thing. If guns does Europe after NA, then when is he supposed to be available for AC/DC? The broken foot might not effect guns shows, but it might end any chance of Axl/DC.

This. I know it's a broken foot and we should have some sympathy but, even though axl can sing well I think he has bigger fish to fry by getting that foot healthy rather than touring for a band that wouldn't be bringing him in permanently anyways. And considering the scrutiny the band would be under for bringing in axl as it is, bringing him in when he isn't mobile would be a disaster. Acdc should either get the guy from airborne or do nothing at all. Axl needs to heal his foot and the band needs to start doing press over the two month break they have.

Edited by Billsfan

If he was ment to front ACDC i cant see him doing it now with his broken foot i guess he may want to rest as much as poss.

Also i think IF they are planning a world tour Axl will put this 1st then again ACDC camp is very quiet Axl will have 11/12 days between tours as ACDC set to end Aarhus 12th June.