Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Just a because you love Axl doesn't mean that other people do. The response has been overwhelming negative at every rock site that I've read - especially at AC/DC sites and even pretty negative at GnR focused sites. 

But if you are tired of reading negative comments then simply stop reading the comments sections of stories, and don't let other people's opinions bother you. 

For what it is worth, Axl is mostly responsible for all of his negative criticism.  He morphed into some insane egomaniac when Guns got huge. Frankly just an asshole. That was a huge part of the Guns breakup. He alienated a lot of fans. When he came back with NuGuns it wasn't much different. Not showing up for shows and causing riots... His performances have been pathetic and laughable at times.. His physical appearance became strange with plastic surgery, botox and missing eyebrows. All at such a young age too. I have heard people liken him to Michael Jackson in that regards.

Now is his time to make amends and win people back.. Make people forget about the negative shit. People are generally forgiving.

• Like 1

I think the negative comments are actually great in this case. If Axl manages to pull it off (if the AC/DC thing is true of course), then he'll really prove a lot of people wrong. At the very least, he can probably win a lot of people over if he comes out swinging. This coupled with some fantastic GNR reunion shows could serve to really turn around the image that the general public has of him. Up to now, he hasn't done a whole lot to change things in that regard.

4 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Great forum you guys have here. I'm a huge AC/DC fan (they're my favorite band), and also loved the Axl/Slash/etc GNR albums. AFD is probably my 2nd favorite album ever. I'm actually a bit encouraged by how optimistic some of you are that Axl could pull off the AC/DC tour if the rumors end up being true. As some of you have mentioned, there's a lot of negativity from AC/DC fans about these rumors. I think you have to keep in mind that there are a number of reasons for this, and yes Axl is one of those reasons for many folks, but it is way more than that. Many of us loved Brian Johnson, as a singer and seemingly an all around good guy, and based on the rumors floating online, I think a lot of folks are pissed off and feeling he has been mistreated. That combined with some of the other lineup changes - Malcolm Young retiring and a different drummer - and its starting to feel like a different band to many. I would imagine it is pretty similar to what die-hard GNR fans went through when Slash and Duff moved on and Axl created basically a new band with the same name. 

As far as Axl goes, fair or unfair I think the perception of him from those of us who haven't remained die-hard GNR fans in the post-Illusion era is that he is a bit of a headcase and it is hard to tell what to expect from him, when he will show up or not, etc. I haven't followed the new-GNR enough to know if that is still the case, but obviously it was back in the late 80s/early 90s. If anything, it will certainly be interesting how it plays out if this happens, because Angus tends to be almost militaristic about the AC/DC shows - same set list, same banter, and you can set your watch to when the shows begin and end. 

I know some of you have tried to visit the AC/DC forum, which appears to be temporarily closed, so I tried summarizing the common thoughts from hundreds of postings over there on the topic. 

In any case, I hope the GNR reunion shows go well regardless of what else Axl does in his spare time, and hoping to see them when they hit NYC. 

Welcome to this madness and thanks for the info!

Funny thing to consider is the amount of lyrics he'd have to remember.

He needs prompters for GNR songs... let alone a bunch of random AC/DC. 

I guess the new stuff is pretty easy....

In rock we trust, it's rock or bust
In rock n' roll (oh shit...) we trust, it's rock or bust

;)

Edited by Ant

13 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Who bashes Axl because "it's the cool thing to do"?

All of those who got nothing in their arguments except for " he's an asshole/sounds like shit", those who never read anything about the band except for some clickbait bs on the web, those who are just naturally haters?

I'm sorry boss I just got sick of negative bandwagon fuckers, especially in the past few weeks

1 hour ago, goneshootin said:

Great forum you guys have here. I'm a huge AC/DC fan (they're my favorite band), and also loved the Axl/Slash/etc GNR albums. AFD is probably my 2nd favorite album ever. I'm actually a bit encouraged by how optimistic some of you are that Axl could pull off the AC/DC tour if the rumors end up being true. As some of you have mentioned, there's a lot of negativity from AC/DC fans about these rumors. I think you have to keep in mind that there are a number of reasons for this, and yes Axl is one of those reasons for many folks, but it is way more than that. Many of us loved Brian Johnson, as a singer and seemingly an all around good guy, and based on the rumors floating online, I think a lot of folks are pissed off and feeling he has been mistreated. That combined with some of the other lineup changes - Malcolm Young retiring and a different drummer - and its starting to feel like a different band to many. I would imagine it is pretty similar to what die-hard GNR fans went through when Slash and Duff moved on and Axl created basically a new band with the same name. 

As far as Axl goes, fair or unfair I think the perception of him from those of us who haven't remained die-hard GNR fans in the post-Illusion era is that he is a bit of a headcase and it is hard to tell what to expect from him, when he will show up or not, etc. I haven't followed the new-GNR enough to know if that is still the case, but obviously it was back in the late 80s/early 90s. If anything, it will certainly be interesting how it plays out if this happens, because Angus tends to be almost militaristic about the AC/DC shows - same set list, same banter, and you can set your watch to when the shows begin and end. 

I know some of you have tried to visit the AC/DC forum, which appears to be temporarily closed, so I tried summarizing the common thoughts from hundreds of postings over there on the topic. 

In any case, I hope the GNR reunion shows go well regardless of what else Axl does in his spare time, and hoping to see them when they hit NYC. 

Welcome aboard. I am actually kinda thinking this whole deal is just a big April Fool's joke. At the same time, it gives Axl a chance to get ready for the GN'R shows. He has a reputation for never rehearsing and struggling at the beginning of the tours because he shows up pretty much straight off the couch with no preparation. So the AC/DC rehearsals will be a good thing for those upcoming GN'R shows in Vegas.

AC/DC and GN'R have always had a pretty good sense of humor, so it would not surprise me if this rehearsal was just a way to do a big April Fool's on everyone. Seems to have worked pretty good! Eddie Trunk pointed out that Steven Tyler, Myles Kennedy, and Sammy Hagar all rehearsed with Led Zeppelin. Nothing ever came of it.

In my opinion, if Brian Johnson is done then the AC/DC band name should be retired. Phil Rudd gone. Malcolm Young gone. Brian Johnson gone. At this point it's Angus by himself and that is just as insulting as Axl touring all over the place with a bunch of hired Guns instead of real members.

Edited by GNRfan2008

2 hours ago, goneshootin said:

if you get 2010 Axl during the ACDC tour then you shouldn't be worried. It will be incredible 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goneshootin said:

A buddy of mine said yesterday that he's reading all sorts of backlash about Axl in AC/DC online and he wondered why. I told him "Axl made that bed, so it's for him to lie in. It's up to him to prove AC/DC fans and anyone else wrong". So for the record, myself and many others completely understand the concern on the part of AC/DC fans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A buddy of mine said yesterday that he's reading all sorts of backlash about Axl in AC/DC online and he wondered why. I told him "Axl made that bed, so it's for him to lie in. It's up to him to prove AC/DC fans and anyone else wrong". So for the record, myself and many others completely understand the concern on the part of AC/DC fans. 

As a GNR fan apprehensive that Axl might ruin this reunion with his voice, I totally understand ACDC fans being concerned that he'll fuck their band up too.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl always makes a terrible bed. Haha he knew continuing on as GNR without Slash would be harder than going solo, he knew releasing CD 10 years after it started would be hard, he knew firing the managers he's fired would be harder for him to make GNR work, and he knows this ACDC thing carries its own baggage.

the easiest thing he's done in the last 20 years is reunite...I guess it was coming together so well he needed to see how difficult it would be to front two huge bands

12 minutes ago, axlslash said:

As a GNR fan apprehensive that Axl might ruin this reunion with his voice, I totally understand ACDC fans being concerned that he'll fuck their band up too.

I think their band is pretty much screwed with or without Axl. They're basically at the same point Brian May and Roger Taylor are at with the Queen name now. At least with Axl they have the opportunity to witness a full on clusterfuck finale.

Now if we can just get Axl to front Queen too...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think their band is pretty much screwed with or without Axl. They're basically at the same point Brian May and Roger Taylor are at with the Queen name now. At least with Axl they have the opportunity to witness a full on clusterfuck finale.

Now if we can just get Axl to front Queen too...

as a Queen fan, i can report that Queen is too far gone to be saved. the things i have to say about that issue would be a violation to the board rules, so i'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

Can I ask where this seemingly "ACDC vocals=King" mentality is coming from around here? I mean yes Brian Johnson has an incredibly raspy voice. There is no denying that. Or at least had. Can anyone link me a reputable source that lists him as one of the best singers of all time? Or even rock music? I'm genuinely curious because I know there are several for Axl. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever hear many people talking about Brian Johnson as even one of the better frontmen in rock history. He's got the voice and did a great job filling in the last 35 years, enough to separate AC/DC into 2 different legacies which is incredible when you think about it. But I think some of you are going a little extreme here. Ok, so an ACDC forum and some online comments you are reading are negative. Great. Welcome to the internet. I think the interest this "rumor" has generated is proof enough there is massive interest in an Axl/ACDC grouping?

Can anyone actually make a case this could hurt ACDC tour sales? It's ok some butt hurt acdc fans won't go if its true. Look how many people are butt hurt here with 3/5 of original GNR having 25+ shows announced in the upcoming months. 2/5 of those being the only names and face 99% of general public know as Guns N Roses.

I still say to the general rock music fans, AC/DC feat. Axl Rose has no less appeal to at least 50% of the audience that knows "You shook me all night long" and "back in black" only. If anything it might have more to your 30 something year old parents who know Axl's name and ACDC's music. Ain't nobody today knows who Brian Johnson is unless you are a fan. 

I get the forums general consensus that Axl has gone downhill. Age tends to make it harder to replicate youth as many of us are too young to know right now. But I mean it's ACDC here. Their singing isn't winning them any awards... 

As for the Bon Scott material, Axl nailed whole lotta Rosie and Riff Raff not long ago. Just saying. 

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Can I ask where this seemingly "ACDC vocals=King" mentality is coming from around here? I mean yes Brian Johnson has an incredibly raspy voice. There is no denying that. Or at least had. Can anyone link me a reputable source that lists him as one of the best singers of all time? Or even rock music? I'm genuinely curious because I know there are several for Axl. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever hear many people talking about Brian Johnson as even one of the better frontmen in rock history. He's got the voice and did a great job filling in the last 35 years, enough to separate AC/DC into 2 different legacies which is incredible when you think about it. But I think some of you are going a little extreme here. Ok, so an ACDC forum and some online comments you are reading are negative. Great. Welcome to the internet. I think the interest this "rumor" has generated is proof enough there is massive interest in an Axl/ACDC grouping?

Can anyone actually make a case this could hurt ACDC tour sales? It's ok some butt hurt acdc fans won't go if its true. Look how many people are butt hurt here with 3/5 of original GNR having 25+ shows announced in the upcoming months. 2/5 of those being the only names and face 99% of general public know as Guns N Roses.

I still say to the general rock music fans, AC/DC feat. Axl Rose has no less appeal to at least 50% of the audience that knows "You shook me all night long" and "back in black" only. If anything it might have more to your 30 something year old parents who know Axl's name and ACDC's music. Ain't nobody today knows who Brian Johnson is unless you are a fan. 

I get the forums general consensus that Axl has gone downhill. Age tends to make it harder to replicate youth as many of us are too young to know right now. But I mean it's ACDC here. There singing isn't winning them any awards... 

As for the Bon Scott material, Axl nailed whole lotta Rosie and Riff Raff not long ago. Just saying. 

ACDC is still amazing. You don't have to have a perfect voice to be considered great. People gravitate to unique voices. They have soul in them, now days singers are all trained the same and it's getting monotonous. I mean every great YouTube singer can't write a great song and they can't differentiate themselves from each other because nothing about them is unique. So much of that is missing today.

ACDC has a classic sound with enough unique makeup to make them one of the best bands of all time. Brian Johnson has been a big part of it

9 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I get the forums general consensus that Axl has gone downhill. Age tends to make it harder to replicate youth as many of us are too young to know right now. But I mean it's ACDC here. There singing isn't winning them any awards... 

I think whatever number of AC/DC fans choose to demand refunds or not show up, they will be replaced by someone else either from the GN'R fanbase or the general public who is curious about it. The Internet has been extremely negative on the GN'R reunion too, so it's not just the Axl/DC project that is getting trashed. Axl has earned a bad reputation over time and in general anyone who watches GN'R in their prime knows that it will never be what it was. So I can understand general negativity across the board for these two projects. But there is also a ton of interest in them as well. We will just have to see how everything goes. Let it all play out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goneshootin said:

LOL Angus does have a militaristic mindset - "soldier down!" - "bring in replacement rightaway!" It's just a lead singer..

Brian is a RnR legend, and his uniqe style makes him irreplaceable. However Bon-era material Axl can nail down to perfection, and in his own way.

So Angus will probably pivot the setlist to more Bon-era material, which I guess, will be welcomed by fans.

A fan club AC/DC said the photos were not on the same day. AC/DC was in the studio on Thursday and Axl Rose on Friday. AC/DC was not in the studio on Friday. But they also say that at some point there was a meeting Axl Rose with the band. Finally, they say that Axl Rose was in Atlanta to close with the sound team of AC/DC.