Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

10 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Are you talking about the logo on the troubadour website because I just did a reverse image search and there's literally a sea of people using the same picture. I think it's literally just clip are for when someone searches "guitar" hahaha

9 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It could be some very local thing, from a school nearby or something. They could have booked The Troubadour to have a show for parents, teachers etc.

They might not even have a web presence.

7 minutes ago, flickn said:

So a event for a group that has zero media presence is aold out ?

Last night we concluded that pigtail girl was just a stock image and that the Rock N Roll Girls camp that has history with the Troubadour, isn't affiliated with whatever this Girl Rock School Showcase is... Way too similar of names & business, for them to be coincidentally linked to the same venue-- Meanwhile as to have zero online presence.

I first thought the same-- Honestly I thought it was probably some nondescript private school event, that was gonna take place in the early day with the parents, faculty, etc... With a secret show to follow that booked event in the night...

But after everyone's sleuthing last night, I don't believe such a thing exists "as advertised"

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If a whole school is attending, it's possible.

And here's the thing...if there is such an event, the Troub is probably rented out for this event and they have marked it as "sold out", instead of "private event".

Similarly they could have said this is a "private event" instead of "sold out" and it could still be a place holder or cover story for a GnR gig... Does anyone recall how the Troubador handled secret shows in the past on its webpage...for like Faith No More in September?

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

Can someone just walk by, if GNR is playing really playing there would tons of equipment coming into the venue. 

Not necessarily..and certainly not now at 8:20 AM the day before the gig may even happen.

10 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It could be some very local thing, from a school nearby or something. They could have booked The Troubadour to have a show for parents, teachers etc.

They might not even have a web presence.

It could be but it's not.  This is what we say it is.  Now whether they still go through with it since we blew the lid off of it is another thing.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

It could be but it's not.  This is what we say it is.  Now whether they still go through with it since we blew the lid off of it is another thing.

I'll say there's a chance it is a GN'R show, but I'm not 100% convinced just yet.

We have to be honest with ourselves and say there's some confirmation bias when we are looking for clues.

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And here's the thing...if there is such an event, the Troub is probably rented out for this event and they have marked it as "sold out", instead of "private event".

Similarly they could have said this is a "private event" instead of "sold out" and it could still be a place holder or cover story for a GnR gig... Does anyone recall how the Troubador handled secret shows in the past on its webpage...for like Faith No More in September?

Not necessarily..and certainly not now at 8:20 AM the day before the gig may even happen.

8 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Hmm I suppose it could go either way.

Faith No More played a secret show at the troubadour in September. It was announced day of and went on sale online billed as the band "lump" and was will call only.

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

But this quote is from the Troubadour website. It has nothing to do with the Ladies Rock Camp.

Then it's part of the ruse. Contact instructor to get your tickets?  lol...since when would an instructor be responsible for distributing 500 tickets?  That's even another clue right there. 

If anything, instructor could be a code name on how to get your passes for people in the know.  Or it could be nothing at all.  

Then it's part of the ruse. Contact instructor to get your tickets?  lol...since when would an instructor be responsible for distributing 500 tickets?  That's even another clue right there. 

If anything, instructor could be a code name on how to get your passes for people in the know.  Or it could be nothing at all.  

If it's a group of girls at a music school, I don't think it's unrealistic that the instructors at that school has the responsibility of arranging the event, thus also distributing (or selling) tickets to friends, family, teachers and fellow students.

36 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Ugh, i just throw it out my lunch

Seriously, anybody who uses hashtags in 2016 should be shot in the head with a sniper riffle

Lol. I only laugh when I see them on Facebook.  I think hash tags are common on Twitter and Instagram. But yeah a random guy on Facebook with 500 likes doesn't seem like he'd be in the know but who knows? Maybe the fake Diamond Dave (not Lee Roth) is a GNR-insider(TM)

1 minute ago, maxpax said:

11qblg.jpg

What if Girl Rock School is actually Hollywood Rose, and GN'R are playing at the Whiskey where Hollywood Rose are supposed to play? Everyone lines fights for the exclusive tickets at the Troubadour, "You wanted the best? Well they didn't fucking make it. No, seriously. They're at the Whiskey. You're all idiots. So here's what you get. Hollywood Rose." Meanwhile across town, a bunch of schlubs get Guns for $20.

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If it's a group of girls at a music school, I don't think it's unrealistic that the instructors at that school has the responsibility of arranging the event, thus also distributing (or selling) tickets to friends, family, teachers and fellow students.

Agreed...however in doing a Twitter search, there is no one who has sent out a tweet about playing a showcase at the Troubador this coming Friday for "girls rock".  I see people saying this for past events, but not for Friday.

youd think there would be someone who would be excited about playing their showcase event and tweet about it...

this Girl School Rock thing was probably getting prepared to play in front of an empty venue due to lack of an interest, now there are going to be about 500 30-40 something year old men there to cheer them on

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Yeah, maybe 30...40...even 100 tickets...selling 500 tickets in a day or two is a full time job.  There is beyond enough evidence that this is precisely what we think it is.

Girl Rock School is GN' R.  They aren't some local non profit school that has no website, the same name as another group and have a logo that is generic and taken off of Google picture. AND sold 500 tickets in a day or two LOL a small school wouldnt have that many students in it to come anywhere close to selling out the Troubadour in a day.  This event has been showing sold out since it's been posted.It's not that.  Stop torturing yourself and realize this isn't like the Metallica thing where we went off of ONE clue.  We have over a dozen solid leads and facts on this.  Like I said earlier, we could convict someone with this amount of evidence.  It's a no brainer. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Haha, this secret gig rumor  reminds me about the rumored GNR gig back in the darkdays (03-06)  in a bar somwhere in the middle of nowhere... Anybody remember that? If im not mistaken the bar even advertised as a GNR show??

Yeah, maybe 30...40...even 100 tickets...selling 500 tickets in 2 weeks is a full time job.  There is beyond enough evidence that this is precisely what we think it is.

Girl Rock School is GN' R.  They aren't some local non profit school that has no website, the same name as another group and have a logo that is generic and taken off of Google picture. AND sold 500 tickets in 2 weeks...LOL a small school woukdnt have that many students in it to come anywhere close to selling out the Troubadour in 2 weeks. It's not that.  Stop torturing yourself and realize this isn't like the Metallica thing where we went off of ONE clue.  We have over a dozen solid leads and facts on this.  Like I said earlier, we could convict someone with this amount of evidence.  It's a no brainer. 

I sincerely hope this is GNR, I also think the possibility is absolutely there.

I'm just not willing to be 100% sure of it yet.

As for the instructors selling tickets. The case might be that The Troubadour marked the show as "sold out" from the get-go, giving all tickets to the instructors to sell internally at the school. They might not have sold all those tickets though.

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Girl Rock School is GN' R.  They aren't some local non profit school that has no website, the same name as another group and have a logo that is generic and taken off of Google picture. AND sold 500 tickets in a day or two LOL a small school wouldnt have that many students in it to come anywhere close to selling out the Troubadour in 2 weeks. 

I take it you've never seen school of rock? Better call Jack Black

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I sincerely hope this is GNR, I also think the possibility is absolutely there.

I'm just not willing to be 100% sure of it yet.

As for the instructors selling tickets. The case might be that The Troubadour marked the show as "sold out" from the get-go, giving all tickets to the instructors to sell internally at the school. They might not have sold all those tickets though.

Call thr instructor and buy a ticket..lol

Yeah, maybe 30...40...even 100 tickets...selling 500 tickets in 2 weeks is a full time job.  There is beyond enough evidence that this is precisely what we think it is.

Girl Rock School is GN' R.  They aren't some local non profit school that has no website, the same name as another group and have a logo that is generic and taken off of Google picture. AND sold 500 tickets in 2 weeks...LOL a small school woukdnt have that many students in it to come anywhere close to selling out the Troubadour in 2 weeks. It's not that.  Stop torturing yourself and realize this isn't like the Metallica thing where we went off of ONE clue.  We have over a dozen solid leads and facts on this.  Like I said earlier, we could convict someone with this amount of evidence.  It's a no brainer. 

This is what gets me: no way a school who would put together a show at the Troubadour wouldn't promote this - not even for selling tickets but just so they could gain notoriety, media exposure, that's always something positive. If they're organized enough to put together something like this, how can we not find anything about them on the web.

• Like 2