05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

atleast Axl gave us a good performance of the song...I enjoy it live! 

But im pretty sure what the point most are trying to get across here is the song is awesome for the hardcore fans, but if you're a casual fan then it's quite boring. The set works though it has the hits and the deep cuts for both style of fans 

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I feel like Breakdown, Locomotive and PTU could return to the set list and people would still find a way to complain. 

Well if they add Brekdown, Locomotive and Pretty Tied Up and they get rid of SCOM, Nightrain and Rocket Queen. Sure people will be complaning. If they get rid of The Seeker, Layla, TIL, CD and Better. I think that would make a lot of people very happy.

• Like 2

So what if the casual fans find Coma and CD-songs boring? The majority of the setlist is tailored for their enjoyment, I'm sure they can handle 3-4 songs that make the show worthwhile for those fans who actually have more than a passing interest in the band.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I feel like Breakdown, Locomotive and PTU could return to the set list and people would still find a way to complain. 

They could have a completely random set almost every night and people would still bitch. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Towelie said:

So what if the casual fans find Coma and CD-songs boring? The majority of the setlist is tailored for their enjoyment, I'm sure they can handle 3-4 songs that make the show worthwhile for those fans who actually have more than a passing interest in the band.

Coma should be kept in the set list. Maybe eventually they can swap Coma with Breakdown or Locomotive. As for CD songs, the reality is that CD had little impact not only in the case of casual fans but for many hardcore fans as well. Axl has been playing CD songs since 2009. But songs like Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive or Perfect Crime haven't been played in more then 20 years. You could say those songs are deep cuts, yes, they are. But at least they belong in the UYI albums. Those songs were writen by real GN'R and were part of the golden years of the band.

55 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well if they add Brekdown, Locomotive and Pretty Tied Up and they get rid of SCOM, Nightrain and Rocket Queen. Sure people will be complaning. If they get rid of The Seeker, Layla, TIL, CD and Better. I think that would make a lot of people very happy.

A lot of people are very happy right now!!!...And If they drop CD's songs I'm sure that some people will complain here too ( and with all my honesty I'll be one of them). So..the @AxlRoseCDII statement still is correct. To complain is on our DNA, doesn't matter what the band do we'll aways find some thing to complain about...That's the point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derick said:

A lot of people are very happy right now!!!...And If they drop CD's songs I'm sure that some people will complain here too ( and with all my honesty I'll be one of them). So..the @AxlRoseCDII statement still is correct. To complain is on our DNA, doesn't matter what the band do we'll aways find some thing to complain about...That's the point.

What it is in a lot of people DNA is a state of denial. CD, Axl's vision (if he ever had it) and NuGN'R was a failure. You love CD? I'm very happy for you. But casual and many hardcore fans didn't give fuck about that album nor about NuGN'R. It is nonsensical to keep playing those songs

9 hours ago, ckgent said:

I'm normally pretty placid about comments etc people make on forums.. You know what tho, until you stump up the cash & go see a show,or understand the difference it is to play live or record or catch a real live show then fuck off. A shit phone recording will not catch the real moment. A stream will not catch a real gig feeling. I'm all for phone/camera bans at shows, maybe the keyboard warriors will actually go check Shir out. I have seen guns loads,& last night was killer. Doubters, fuck off.

Spot on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How come everyone begged for coma to return to the set and were head over heels for it for a long time and now everyone shits on it and says it's the low point of the set?

Coma was not a low point, far from it. Thought it was excellent

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

What it is in a lot of people DNA is a state of denial. CD, Axl's vision (if he ever had it) and NuGN'R was a failure. You love CD? I'm very happy for you. But casual and many hardcore fans didn't give fuck about that album nor about NuGN'R. It is nonsensical to keep playing those songs

Yep! I love CD and thank you very much for be happy for me. Anyway, all this hate about Chinese era basically happens just here with some of the "fundamentalists". Out there a lot people have no problem with CD's songs(many of them don't even know the songs, just as they don't know the deep cuts from the others GNR albuns)...At this moment the band have bring to us the hits, some deep cuts from Illusions/Appetite/Lies/TSI and a couple songs from Chinese..I mean they are covering all GNR's eras..What you say is that who likes CD can't have it because some hardcore fans that hate that era? C'mon man! 

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Completely agree. GNR play all the hits for the casual fans. They can't complain.

I will be very disappointed if I don't see Coma live. Besides, people who say it puts them in a coma, clearly have no taste and should shut up.

• Like 3

Thought the gig was fantastic. I think the crowd seemed a little subdued for some songs which they weren't familiar with such as TWAT and even Coma.

As for the running commentary on the setlist choices and performances captured on video I never really realised just how annoying the camera phones are in person. I got whacked on the head several times by some idiot trying to film the setlist, at some points i felt he was using my held to balance his view.

• Like 4

I thought that the concert was very good.

I'd agree with what people around here have said, which is that many people didn't know the chinese democracy songs or even the

rarer songs off of Appetite or UYI.

I am in two minds about this. For this kind of mass audience you could remove coma, twat and this i love and replace with don't cry, my michelle and yesterdays.

The crowd still wouldn't know what my michelle or yesterdays was but they might be more into shorter songs.

At the same time, why should my enjoyment of songs like Twat be taken away because some random person who got a free ticket to a giant concert only

wants short songs?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, axl666 said:

I thought that the concert was very good.

I'd agree with what people around here have said, which is that many people didn't know the chinese democracy songs or even the

rarer songs off of Appetite or UYI.

I am in two minds about this. For this kind of mass audience you could remove coma, twat and this i love and replace with don't cry, my michelle and yesterdays.

The crowd still wouldn't know what my michelle or yesterdays was but they might be more into shorter songs.

At the same time, why should my enjoyment of songs like Twat be taken away because some random person who got a free ticket to a giant concert only

wants short songs?

Exactly. I'd dare say there were people there who didn't know Rocket Queen.