Does the public still hate Axl?

It still seems that Axl is disliked by a lot of the general public despite being on time for damn near all of the shows and singing his ass off with AC/DC. I know the guy was kind of a dick at times in the last 15 years, but why all the hate after he's turned himself around this year?

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

Lot of people on social media in Winnipeg are still negative, stating the usual, "Not in this lifetime. Fitting, cuz that's when I'd give that crybaby money to see him" or "why would I pay for him to not even show up on time or show up at all?" Shit like that annoys me whenever I see it. But there has been more that usual amounts of positive stuff too, which is nice to see. When local radio would post GNR stuff it wouldn't get much of a reaction. This announcement got lots of positive reaction. 

9 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Lot of people on social media in Winnipeg are still negative, stating the usual, "Not in this lifetime. Fitting, cuz that's when I'd give that crybaby money to see him" or "why would I pay for him to not even show up on time or show up at all?" Shit like that annoys me whenever I see it. But there has been more that usual amounts of positive stuff too, which is nice to see. When local radio would post GNR stuff it wouldn't get much of a reaction. This announcement got lots of positive reaction. 

One thing about social media, and this just doesn't just apply to GN'R, is that people LOVE to say one thing and do another. I saw those type of comments all over social media during the last tour yet city after city was sold out. Who was buying all those tickets if so many people were never going to give Axl money again? 

Like I said, I'm not mentioning this because it's GN'R related. It happens with tons of things and cracks me up every time.

• Like 3

I actually warned people a couple of times to be on time. 

I remember in 2011 getting an email from mojo to warn us, Axl might be late:lol:. They should send out an email again to people to be on time.

I have never been able to figure out why people treat him the way they do. I have always thought he is one of the most misunderstood men on this planet. I could never hate him, I guess I kinda understand him to some extent, which is why I have always defended him so much and always will. IMO he seems to be in a much better place in the last couple of years. ;););)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

One thing about social media, and this just doesn't just apply to GN'R, is that people LOVE to say one thing and do another. I saw those type of comments all over social media during the last tour yet city after city was sold out. Who was buying all those tickets if so many people were never going to give Axl money again? 

Like I said, I'm not mentioning this because it's GN'R related. It happens with tons of things and cracks me up every time.

That's because haters are louder even if they are minority. It's more probable that you are going to voice your opinion if you don't like something than when you like something. If I see GnR announcement on facebook for show in Belgrade I'm going to like it and won't comment on it but hater will comment on that  

On Swedish TV this morning i saw a News show were the host talked about GN'R coming to Sweden next summer. He said that he thinking of buying tickets but he changed his mind because he thinks they gonna be late or Axl not gonna show up...

FFS wake up from the 90's!!!  Hate those stupid comments about Axl being late and don't care etc.. Axl isn't the same person he was 15-25 years ago.

Edited by estranged_85

8 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

On Swedish TV this morning i saw a News show were the host talked about GN'R coming to Sweden next summer. He said that he thinking of buying tickets but he changed his mind because he thinks they gonna be late or Axl not gonna show up...

FFS wake up from the 90's!!!  Hate those stupid comments about Axl being late and don't care etc.. Axl isn't the same person he was 15-25 years ago.

To be fair that is the perception that Axl has given... it's going to take a long time for people who are not up to the day to day activities of GN'R to see a difference. 

8 minutes ago, cooker said:

To be fair that is the perception that Axl has given... it's going to take a long time for people who are not up to the day to day activities of GN'R to see a difference. 

Kind of a bit remiss though to not at least do a 10 second google search of the tour so far especially if they were considering getting tickets in the first place.

I think most people leaving comments on articles or Facebook were probably never going to go to a show, as Russ said it's just a sport whoever the target is. That said he won't ever fully throw off the perception formed in the 90s but it is what it is and he wouldn't be such a notorious rock star without that rep.

• Like 1

Axl pissed many people off in the past, but there are things that have been blown out of proportion and he has received more public hatred than he deserved. His notoriety has been built, to a large extent, upon exaggeration and generalization (even on fictitious stories in some cases); for example, most people believe that Axl had a habit to attack and beat up fans, whereas that happened only in St. Louis (and maybe one more time) and in the other cases when he jumped off stage it was to protect people from being beaten by security.

He's an easy target for people on the social media who don't have anything better to do. The "hatred" from the fans, as a result of disappointment, is one thing, and the hatred from the general public on the internet is another. I remember hundreds of hateful comments in the LA Times under Axl's letter to the RHOF. Half of those comments were from disappointed fans (which is understandable), but the other half were from people who don't even like the band.

• Like 2