favourite axl rant, lecture, outburst, speech

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

One of my favourites also! But rant for rant I have to choose this one. Every word he says it's coming from deep down inside, there's no bullshit in there, he's feeling every word.

Or my absolute favorite: the OTGM one from Ritz. I remember I was just discovering GN'R and bumped into this performance. This speech and the way the tension is growing as he is talking and the crowd is reacting is just amazing. It was the real deal for me. I fell in love for good for this band thanks to that speech+performing.

And of course, last but definitely not least: '  He is in my ass! That's where Slash is! Fuckhead! Go home!!:facepalm: :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Oh, I had forgotten the Ritz ones! Out Ta Get Me's rant is amazing, always loved it! Also love the one prior to My Michelle where Axl says "don't ever give up hope, there's something out there. All you have to do is just hold on and believe". He was really inspired that day and also at the Chicago show.

The Slash one is hilarious! Love the way he says that. And it's kinda ironic how he lost his shit right at that moment as they were playing PATIENCE (if my memory serves) :P

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

One of my favorites, unfortunately only audio::lol:

He jumped for a good reason here:

Self-sarcasm: "If you think you're a bigger asshole than me, you've got something to learn" :lol:

The first one is so epic!!! The whole story is awesome and Axl is a talented storyteller haha.

• Like 2

My favourite "speech" is definetely Oklahoma 1992.

But one of my favourite "out-of-control-scenes" is, when Axl out of nowhere jumps into the crowd during Paradice City at the Ritz-gig.

That was insane !!!

And of course the above mentioned OTGM-Rant at the Ritz. I love how his face-colour changes within seconds and everytime I watch this, I´m waiting on him to change to some kind of werewolf :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xedos said:

My favourite "speech" is definetely Oklahoma 1992.

But one of my favourite "out-of-control-scenes" is, when Axl out of nowhere jumps into the crowd during Paradice City at the Ritz-gig.

That was insane !!!

And of course the above mentioned OTGM-Rant at the Ritz. I love how his face-colour changes within seconds and everytime I watch this, I´m waiting on him to change to some kind of werewolf :lol:

"Beat the fuck out of them"...."Gracias"  LOL

• Like 2

To me, a good rant was worth waaaaaaay more than playing Outta Get Me or / and My Michelle.

I miss the Axl who had something to say.

The way I see it is Axl 2016 is so distanced from anything GNR used to mean (GNR  / GNR 2.0 ) it's heart-breaking. I have re-listened to the KROQ (or however you spell it) interview recently, the 2006 interview, when they headlined that USA California radio festival, the one that got streamed live online in 2006 and it was a big deal and Axl shaved off his goatee for it. And so anyway, even back then Axl said something along the lines of "you know, I ain't on the Nightrain these days, so singing these old songs isn't so [meaningful] anymore. The only fun I get out of it is challenging myself to do it physically".  So as early as ten years ago  he said that. Imagine now.

• Like 2

Laptop bust and on a crappy phone so can't dig out the one I'm thinking of.

Axl is pissed of as a parking attendant hadnt believed he was really the singer and it caused problems getting in to the venue. The first sign of something being up is during an especially passionate ISE when he changes the lyrics to "but yknow parking attendant... You can FUCK OFF" whilst raising his middle finger and leaning so far back he could actually snap in two.

Later in the show he goes in to more detail about how there was some sort of problem parking and it ends with Axl  using his standard dumb authority figure impersonation voice "Gee I guess you really are the singer".

Anyone able to post it?

"It's a glam band, it's a metal band, it's a glam metal band, it's a hard rock band, it's a trash band, it's a... Fuck it. It doesn't make a good god damn whether my hair is up, my hair is down or I'm fucking bald."

• Like 2