The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

11 hours ago, triad said:

Keepin' the Day 20 party going.  

awesome! :headbang: Stevie Ray miss you so much!

7 minutes ago, solstar said:

Day 21

wonderful song, love the Doors an iconic band and song :)

31 minutes ago, soon said:

day 21

much of the floyd catalogue will quickly end a party

ha! yo u took it in a direction i thought of :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no no no i mean i was thinking of a song that would MAKE people leave as well :P but i decided not to :) think i should have gone with the first idea ( like yours ) i had :lol:

you're Cheap Trick selection is great.  but yeah, pink floyd... some friends in high school thought it was good party music.  Not sure if they've found lovers yet.  :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Okay, I'll continue catching up now.

Day 3:   A favourite song from a movie (theme or just heard in the movie - name the movie too)

This was a very hard pick, but I ended up with the first song that came to my mind. Duel of the Fates from Star Wars. Say what you will about the prequels, but the music in those movies is incredible.

• Like 1

Day 21

The doors - the End is already taken, we played that one at the end of our 60s/70s party

another one I remember we played at the end was this (we may have done some lip syncing too while we were at it..inspired by the video below :rofl-lol:)

Spoiler

And my friend likes to play some Lana at the end of a goth party :lol:

• Like 1

Day 22

EDIT to explain meaning:  This song reminds me of the Idle No More movement which had a high water mark in about 2013-14 but still continues here In Canada.  It was a convergence of many issues facing First Nations communities.  These issues include colonization, land theft, residential schools, the 60s scoop, the Murder of Dudley Moore and the Oka stand off, the tar sands, harmful mining, lack of informed consent in decision making, higher food prices then settler Canada, the under-investigation of murders of Indigenous people, poverty, lack of sanitation and education on some Reserves,  systematic theft of language and culture, lack of access to health care, and so many more atrocities.  The Idle No More banner was able to gather Indigenous people with diverse approaches to resistance, young and old.  It is a decentralized movement that also was very successful in gathering non-indigenous people as allies.  

The most common Idle No More actions were gatherings in malls, where all would join in a circle as drums were played and songs sung. Also long distance walks to visit politicians while raising awareness along the way.  Very simple acts - traditional for some Nations - that none the less opened the door to the potential of real change.  

Edited by soon
  • Like 2