Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

Good luck to Ron, while I don't think much of his solo music at all he seems wasted in Axl's GNR.

I'm not excited by the prospect of a GNR album written by the guys currently in the band (except Axl) at all, in fact the mere thought of what Ashba would come up with makes me cringe.

• Like 1

I think it's perfectly understandable to be honest, the guy didn't become a musician to cover other people's parts, he's a creative guy and no doubt wants to create new material and go out and perform it.

As for him not being committed enough to GN'R, I imagine if GN'R were being creative he wouldn't feel the desire to go out and do solo stuff. Plus, lots of members from other active bands have side/solo projects. I think the main problem is the way the band is run, back when I met Ron at an in store appearance in London in '08 he said he can't book any solo shows because he never knows when he's going to get the GN'R call to tour. With better communication this would be easily resolvable and I imagine back when it seemed as though there was going to be an artistic future for the band it wasn't such a big deal as he probably thought he'd be able to be creative with the band.

I guess Bumble has reached a point where he's not bothered if he's kicked out of the band for doing solo stuff as it seems in GN'R he'll be consigned to pretty much playing other people's stuff for the foreseeable future. I still guess that the reason for the lack of an announcement is because Ron's solo stuff doesn't clash with GN'R stuff yet so it hasn't become a problem. It's definitely not clear cut though behind the scenes as the guy's always been surprisingly straight and blunt about stuff and yet on this he hasn't said anything.

Edited by BassistSeb

I think BBF's being reasonable here. There are absolutely zero confirmed events or activities for GnR so far next year. It's not reasonable to expect the guy to sit around waiting for tours that may or may not happen at some unforeseen time, and then jump when TB finally schedules something. He's getting on with his life. It sounds as though he's letting everyone know that when his solo tours and activities are set for 2015, they're set - they won't be changed at the last minute the way they were last year because something suddenly comes up with GnR. That doesn't mean he quit.

Isn't this title kinda encapsulating what we've already suspected for over a year now, the odds are 50-50 whether Bumble turns up guitar in hand, sullen face, low expectations at the next tour for some good dough and guaranteed sell outs or plods onward by himself for noble pursuits yet aeons more modest surroundings.

I like BBF and all, but this means he should be easy to find at many local drinking establishments in the NY/NJ area. Hey if he's ok making $500 per show, before splitting it with his band, who are we to judge??? It'll be like the Up Close and Personal Tour everynight for him. Solid career move.....

i bet that guns are preparing something for next year but bumblefoot doesn't wanna hold his breath waiting for them so he'll focus on his own shit while they get they're shit together. If he see's they are seriously wanting to work on new music this time he'll probably make time to work with them (guns). But yeah, well you know this is just my opinion, man.

i bet that guns are preparing something for next year but bumblefoot doesn't wanna hold his breath waiting for them so he'll focus on his own shit while they get they're shit together. If he see's they are seriously wanting to work on new music this time he'll probably make time to work with them (guns). But yeah, well you know this is just my opinion, man.

Bumble solo work sucks. He's a very skilled guy, but he's not that great at writing. Slash, Bucket, Robin, they are at least 5 steps ahead of him. It seems like Axl don't want to write with him.

That's my bet.

I don't understand why Bumble can't do both.

If I found myself playing covers in half filled bars in eastern Europe I'd be nicer to Axl.

I've referenced this before but there's this one recent vid ( from one of his solo shows ) and at one point you can sorta

see the look in his eyes, it's basically a defeated, "well fuck, I guess touring with GnR isn't so bad," type of look lol. Until we

see something official I'm just going to assume he's still in the band. I'm kind of over the whole, is he in, is he out, dilemma.

Sorry to hear about him having Cancer though. Being in GnR has been rough on ol Bumble.