NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Aw yes, it was only because the 3 guys who put the work into maintaining the GNR brand for 25 years and making this reunion tour happen didn't want to give the guy who quit 25 years ago equal money. 

BRAND? WHO CARES ABOUT BRAND? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

:facepalm:

This is music, this is (or used to be) a rock n roll band -- the best band ever!

I didnt fall in love with a brand, I fell in love with the music done by five guys in a rock n roll band!

Their music moves me more than any other music does.

Simple as that.

I couldnt give two fucking cents about BRAND. 

But you wanna talk brand? Lets talk brand then!

Lets talk about how the one thing that MAINTAINED this "brand" (or whatever you wanna call GNR) alive for the last 25 years was the MUSIC that was written from 1985-1991!

Lets talk about how axl "i wanna bury appetite" rose kept playing 10-15 guns n roses songs every show?

Do you think people are paying hundreds of dollars on tickets to the threeunion thing to listen to axl rose solo songs?

One day you will probably notice that axl, slash ad duff have done nothing but DAMAGE to the GNR brand for the last 25 years -- specially axl, who released a barely listenable solo album as "GNR" and who toured the world several times as "GNR" with a bunch of professional musicians who cant write a good song to save their lives.

lets talk about what axl, slash and duff did on the last 20-some years with the brand?

they (specially axl, that kept using the name) damaged and MILKED the brand.

thats what they did.

and what are they doing now? 

they keep on milking it, making millions every night by playing the songs written when "the guy who quit 25 years go" was still onboard

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

He is being rewarded for the music he wrote with GNR. He's paid royalties for the work he did. He's not getting equal money today for the work Axl/Slash/Duff did to make THIS tour at THIS time happen. He has shown no interest in GNR for the last 25 years, other than a couple of guest spots in 2006 which he only did because he demanded and received a large sum of money to do them. Seems like a pattern there. When GNR's going to put money in his pocket Izzy suddenly cares again. 

And what interest did Slash show prior to this reunion? Izzy joined Axl's solo band which made GNR fans pretty happy, Slash didn't do that (even if he wanted, he wouldn't have been allowed).

When Axl called Slash, the right thing was to call Izzy as well and get the REAL BAND back together. Now, if he wasn't called and then was offered some shitty deal, that's not his fault and there's nothing he could have done better/differently to "make this tour happen".

As much as I love Duff, Izzy is way more important than him in GNR. He was key to the band's style, sound and songwriting. So, wanting to give him a lower/less important role just because he quit a bit earlier than Duff or because he wasn't telling Axl that Slash isn't a fn' cancer, that's absolutely senseless.

If Izzy wasn't offered the same as Slash and Duff, then shame on them. Disappointing to know Slash and especially Duff accepted that.

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

what exactly is this HARD WORK that axl, slash and duff did?

what part of this HARD WORK izzy didnt do, or refused to do, or wouldnt be capable of doing?

who told you that izzy has shown no interest in Guns n Roses in the last 25 years?

who told you that izzy only did guest spots because he demanded and received a large sum of money to do them?

do you believe everything axl rose says?

oh, and one more question...

did you, by any chance, notice that by saying no to whatever was offered to him, izzy is making ZERO MONEY?

1) Managing the GNR name, fighting, often times with each other, over licensing, putting together live era, mending relationships, negotiating an Axl/Slash reunion, negotiating a stadium tour. 

2) Izzy did none of it. He quit 25 years ago and collected his royalty checks. 

3) Has Izzy had anything to do with Guns N'Roses the past 25 years? 

4) It was in an Axl interview/chat. 

5) Yes, I know, everyone lies but Izzy.

6) Yes, that's the risk you take with hardball negotiations. Tell someone to take it or leave it and they might just leave it and leave you sitting at home complaining on twitter.

41 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

1) Managing the GNR name, fighting, often times with each other, over licensing, putting together live era, mending relationships, negotiating an Axl/Slash reunion, negotiating a stadium tour. 

Wow, that's hard work!!

Do you honestly think they did not have teams of lawyers, managers and (Axl) sycophants for most of that? Do you think Slash personally attended court cases, preparing his own legal defense. Heck, Axl just recently said that it was Fernando who got Slash's number!

And Live Era was shite. Nothing to be proud of there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wow, that's hard work!!

Do you honestly think they did not have teams of lawyers, managers and (Axl) sycophants for most of that? Do you think Slash personally attended court cases, preparing his own legal defense. Heck, Axl just recently said that it was Fernando who got Slash's number!

The point is that Axl/Slash/Duff cared enough to hire these lawyers, and pay these lawyers to fight to have what they wanted regarding the GNR brand carried out. Did Izzy? No, Izzy did not.

Did Izzy care about the quality of Live Era? No, Izzy did not.

Did Izzy decide GNR had to get back together and go out on top and work to mend Slash and Axl's relationship? No, Izzy did not.

Izzy cashed out 25 years ago. His only interest in GNR is when he feels there a chance to make money off it. 

58 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wow, that's hard work!!

A) just bc Axl said it doesn't mean that's what happened.

B) more importantly, he actually said he got Slashs number from Fernando (not Fernando got it for him, there is a difference in the wording that is operative and important), probably the same thing occurred when he inquired about the AC/DC gig, he got a number from Fernando bc that's Fernandos job.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

While that may be true to some extent...

The 6 years Izzy put into the band kind of, well sort of, maybe.....helped create the GnR brand in the first place.

You can't fault Izzy for asking to be compensated in the same manner as the other three

Yup. I get that some like to justify in their heads that things are ok with the band because "well, izzy was a zombie live so who cares", but that zombie helped create a lot of the material that's there to be played in the first place. He should still be there.

• Like 2

Axl teased us about a reunion 5 years ago. Take a look to what he said about Izzy n' Steven.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

An official Guns N' Roses reformation at the 2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame seems increasingly unlikely after Axl Roseexpressed an obvious lack of interest. The singer told the LA Times that he understands the why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear.

Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties." "I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion." He also explained that his friendship with Slash had been difficult since the day they met.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gunnerpr said:

Axl teased us about a reunion 5 years ago. Take a look to what he said about Izzy n' Steven.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

An official Guns N' Roses reformation at the 2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame seems increasingly unlikely after Axl Roseexpressed an obvious lack of interest. The singer told the LA Times that he understands the why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear.

Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties." "I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion." He also explained that his friendship with Slash had been difficult since the day they met.

Good find. crazy that he hinted that this is how it would go in a reunion back then

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Good find. crazy that he hinted that this is how it would go in a reunion back then

I remember reading that before a year or so ago but it just dawned on me when you pointed it out; Axl did predict how a "reunion" tour would go.  It is Slash and Duff back, no signs from the Illusion additions Sorum and Clarke (Dizzy is there but he's sort of the unique Illusion addition since he has never left).  This interview shows that for a long time Axl has felt touring with Steven and Izzy wouldn't work.  I am really happy Steven has been included in shows and I hope and think that will continue.  I'd like Izzy to be involved.  Ideally, Izzy would be involved in song writing and have some sick appearances on tour here and there.  But Axl isn't going to give us the whole story on Izzy's lack of involvement and neither is Izzy.  So we can only make assumptions and it just feels like being involved in long tours doesn't seem to work well for Izzy.  Maybe that's not true, but how are we supposed to identify what is true?  Izzy and Axl both are pretty quiet on the interview front

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 8:18 PM, Modano09 said:

He is being rewarded for the music he wrote with GNR. He's paid royalties for the work he did. He's not getting equal money today for the work Axl/Slash/Duff did to make THIS tour at THIS time happen. He has shown no interest in GNR for the last 25 years, other than a couple of guest spots in 2006 which he only did because he demanded and received a large sum of money to do them. Seems like a pattern there. When GNR's going to put money in his pocket Izzy suddenly cares again. 

You expect them him to show up for free (especially as a further reunion selling point)/be paid less than he's worth or something? Of course it's about money, it's a job. They're not up there playing for free. 

• Like 1

Just going through all of these and I can't understand why is Senior so negative about Izzy? My feeling is that he must be a close member of Axl's camp. This guy his persistent. Izzy has proved all these years he doesn't care about money or fame. He has never even written a book for Chris sake! If he had cared about money, he wouldn't have leave in the first place, no? Izzy seem to play when he feels it's right, I doubt that he made money when he guessed on passed GNR shows, if he got paid it probably just covered his own traveling expenses. I know people who have offered him to write for some well known artist  with tons of $$$ reward and he turned it down. Poor Izzy,  having to take on Twitter to justify himself to his fans, some of them are saying "do it for the fans" or Izzy isn't interesting in working too hard etc, I mean who is really into the money? The guys who have just made 120 million and counting or the guy who turned it down? In my opinion Izzy deserve as much as the others, it's a matter of principle, that's it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, lalaland said:

If he had cared about money, he wouldn't have leave in the first place, no? 

This is what I've been saying from the beginning. It doesn't make sense that a person who left the "biggest band in the world" on its peak is moved so much for the money. I still think Izzy's issue is more about recognition than money and I'll stick to that until proven otherwise. It just doesn't make sense to me the other way. :shrugs:

• Like 1

On 9/9/2016 at 9:00 AM, RONIN said:

Yeah, that Gilby Clarke must have really put poor Axl through the paces. Showing up on time and never missing a single tour date or rehearsal ( except for the dates he was injured). He had the audacity to sue the band after endless requests to collect wages that were rightfully owed to him ended up getting ignored by Doug Goldstein, Del James and all the other idiot enablers in the redhead's entourage. lol Whatever Axl. 

I'd read that as him talking about Matt, but you could be right... 

Is Axl high?

Anyway, quite an interesting interview all in all, but why the questions about streaming n all that shit? I mean, it's not like that's something new, right? It's been around for well over a decade at this point, but the interviewer goes like "ahhh, what about that?" sorta, you know? He shoulda just asked them about new music. I mean, after all that's one of the things people are interested in. Ahh imma stop complaining now... it was a decent interview and it was, like I said, interesting. 

11 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Is Axl high?

Anyway, quite an interesting interview all in all, but why the questions about streaming n all that shit? I mean, it's not like that's something new, right? It's been around for well over a decade at this point, but the interviewer goes like "ahhh, what about that?" sorta, you know? He shoulda just asked them about new music. I mean, after all that's one of the things people are interested in. Ahh imma stop complaining now... it was a decent interview and it was, like I said, interesting. 

It is something new in terms of Axls opinion on it, lets face it the cunt ain't done a serious interview since that Kimmell twat and his interviews with rockstars are just basically him givin' some elderly famous person a 8 minute blowie on American television.  They're talking to an 80s band that are back in the modern era and the industries different now so they're asking em what they reckon about the difference between then and now, seems logical.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It is something new in terms of Axls opinion on it, lets face it the cunt ain't done a serious interview since that Kimmell twat and his interviews with rockstars are just basically him givin' some elderly famous person a 8 minute blowie on American television.

mmmm that's true but then again...