Edmonton Soundcheck

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's new music.  

I've been putting my faith in this for a few weeks now (I seem to be the only one willing to risk my belief.) :lol:

We've had 3 soundchecks now where they've played completely different music - not rearrangements of an existing song.  One was AC/DCish, the other two were Sabbathy.  

Axl at soundcheck is a BIG fucking deal.  I mean, when was the last time he was even at a soundcheck?  Beginning of 2016?  So changes are afoot. 

I'm giving myself permission to get excited, I don't care if it all ends in tears and disappointment. lol

I didn't hear about the ones which sounded like Sabbath. Do you have a link?

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's new music.  

I've been putting my faith in this for a few weeks now (I seem to be the only one willing to risk my belief.) :lol:

We've had 3 soundchecks now where they've played completely different music - not rearrangements of an existing song.  One was AC/DCish, the other two were Sabbathy.  

Axl at soundcheck is a BIG fucking deal.  I mean, when was the last time he was even at a soundcheck?  Beginning of 2016?  So changes are afoot. 

I'm giving myself permission to get excited, I don't care if it all ends in tears and disappointment. lol

Last I remember Axl being there was late May this year for Dublin. Nontheless, I'd rather put money on an old song they havent played. No way they already arranged and put together a full song and have Axl write lyrics. This is not a tour for new music, it's running on the hype of Axl and Slashs reunion, new music is for later tours.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I didn't hear about the ones which sounded like Sabbath. Do you have a link?

I don't.  The 2nd one was reported on by one our members listening to the soundcheck outside of stadium (discussion of that in show thread).

3rd one via IG story and I don't know if anyone captured it, but I listened to that numerous times. That was the one were Slash and Duff came together, which they don't normally do.  Discussion/analysis of both in show threads.  3rd one plays along similar lines to new intro of Double Talkin' Jive, except much heavier/Sabbathy which is posted in the show thread too.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

30 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't.  The 2nd one was reported on by one our members listening to the soundcheck outside of stadium (discussion of that in show thread).

3rd one via IG story and I don't know if anyone captured it, but I listened to that numerous times. That was the one were Slash and Duff came together, which they don't normally do.  Discussion/analysis of both in show threads.  3rd one plays along similar lines to new intro of Double Talkin' Jive, except much heavier/Sabbathy which is posted in the show thread too.  

Which show thread?

43 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's new music.  

I've been putting my faith in this for a few weeks now (I seem to be the only one willing to risk it) :lol:

I love your enthusiasm and optimism here :)

Axl was at the soundcheck in Nijmegen, last month. Granted, Angus was there, but Axl didn't sing the AC/DC songs in soundcheck, only GNR songs (I remember Estranged and LALD). I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary, but I would love to be surprised.

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Last I remember Axl being there was late May this year for Dublin. Nontheless, I'd rather put money on an old song they havent played. No way they already arranged and put together a full song and have Axl write lyrics. This is not a tour for new music, it's running on the hype of Axl and Slashs reunion, new music is for later tours.

Like @Lio said, Axl was at several soundchecks on the euro leg, also Bilbao, Munich and London (these are the ones i remember) so i also guess , his appearance at the soundcheck is unfortunately no indication for new music:unsure:

4 minutes ago, EricA said:

Like @Lio said, Axl was at several soundchecks on the euro leg, also Bilbao, Munich and London (these are the ones i remember) so i also guess , his appearance at the soundcheck is unfortunately no indication for new music:unsure:

but this is a rehearsal, they soundcheck during the day of the show.

48 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the info mate!

Just now, GoForJMark said:

but this is a rehearsal, they soundcheck during the day of the show.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I didn't hear him at soundcheck in London. 

There was a soundcheck/rehearsal the day before the first show in London, thats what people have posted back then, i was'nt there:shrugs:

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

There was a soundcheck/rehearsal the day before the first show in London, thats what people have posted back then, i was'nt there:shrugs:

Must have been the day before then, he did turn up to a few soundchecks in Europe too. Seems to be he is more likely if it's the day before, not on the actual day. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Must have been the day before then, he did turn up to a few soundchecks in Europe too. Seems to be he is more likely if it's the day before, not on the actual day. 

;)